Topic: Malaysia

Will go for 16 days...any tips welcome, what to see, what to skip  big_smile

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/578594_420704321281612_100000261434793_1603573_1356309574_n.jpg

Re: Malaysia

Perhentian Islands are meant to be cool. From there you can take a boat to Malaysian Borneo which would be quite an experience though you might not have enough time I guess. KL's quite fun and the Cameron Highlands are meant to be beautiful. Definitely go to Penang for the food. It's amazing. The food in Malaysia in general is so good. Mix of Chinese, Malay, Chinese-Malay and also very good Indian. Beef Rendang. Mee Goreng. Laksa. Mm. Enjoy!

Cool man! Penang for sure and maybe Perhentians, maybe even Singapore, who knows, will try to see as much as I can smile  Yes, I keep hearing about the food, cant wait  wink

Pleasure. I worked in Singapore for 5 months (think I did a post about it somewhere on here). It's actually quite cool and a lot less strict than it's reputation suggests. The food is seriously amazing there as well. The Malays are very friendly as well. Hope you have a good one! smile

Nothing beats singapore food (specifically hawker stall food). Otherwise the place is disneyland.

Thanx! I was gonna skip Singapore, I've been to Hong Kong and not a big fan...I prefer the small grimy towns...haha and mix with the locals  smile  I'm also traveling on a very low backpacker budget (I get a Chinese salary now LOL)..But my Spanish friend is working in Singapore, she said I should go visit for like 2 days...Maybe I will  cool