Topic: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

just saw this release.
what does robot think of this, any good?

Last edited by nixxon (2008-09-10 12:57:33)

Dancin' for freaks and fame!

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

i like it, but that's just one opinion

Vlam Aan

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

At first I didn't really like it, but after a few listens I liked it more & more. Should play it once more, now I think about it.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

Heard the honey cream on a 20jfg mix and thought it was pretty sweet... pun intended.

I will check out the rest of the album 4 certain.

-tp

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

I don't like that much

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

I love it. I like the eerie harmonies, stupid lyrics and how a bit weird the arrangements are - in a way that they don't sound like it's contemporary dancefloor music. Of course this sounds more like "28 after" than the older stuff, but still different.

and you can preview the whole release (yes, each track full length!) on the lo recordings site http://www.lorecordings.com/

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

Like.

Especially "For Hoped".

I see the google language translator has been choosing their song titles again...

Is all sound music?

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

schmoltz wrote:

I love it. I like the eerie harmonies, stupid lyrics and how a bit weird the arrangements are - in a way that they don't sound like it's contemporary dancefloor music. Of course this sounds more like "28 after" than the older stuff, but still different.

and you can preview the whole release (yes, each track full length!) on the lo recordings site http://www.lorecordings.com/

Great, thanks.
Think it sounds pretty good, but missing the dirty old sound

Dancin' for freaks and fame!

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

I really enjoy "For Hoped" but the rest reminds me too much of his earlier but more exciting releases.

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

Hm, heard every song, now...

Not very exiting, in my opinion. Nothing in compare with the 2 previous albums.

-> A bit dissapointed.

Kraftwerks achso graue Autobahn, Drexciyas achso blaue Aquabahn...
https://soundcloud.com/bender101-1

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

It is not the burner I think. the same soup, but the taste is not as good as it was fresh 28 after wink

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

thing is, cause you know the previous releases you cant help, but compare. and then eight oh eight sounds like a poor copy. but it still is a ok release with a special feel to it cause of its weirdness. all in all im not very impressed, but really like free for the girls and for hoped.

.."this world`s a bubble"..

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

it's  "lekker om te mixen"

Vlam Aan

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

bernard is a bit of a one trick pony. But I quite like the songs mentioned above.

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

I listened to it one time and never again. It's okay, but just a copy of the other releases. He handled it a bit too easy for my taste.....

ITALOMASTER  /  www.discotrax.de

Pack my case
Leave behind this human race

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

just found 28 fter last night and i really like it, so my hopes are high for eight oh eight, though i dont have high hopes for original sounding melodies.
but thats not why i listen to bddc.

does anyone know what year bernard's photo on the pullout sleeve (i'm assuming thats him) was taken?? if recent then he's too young to have been producer on the disco club ep, so i'm assuming it's older. (unless if bernard is pulling the wool over all our eyes and has adopted the name and the sound but was not the original producer/composer)

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

the cover is gorgeous btw
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EwPDVLLCL._SS400_.jpg
i need to find this and frame it

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

Plat0r wrote:

just found 28 fter last night and i really like it, so my hopes are high for eight oh eight, though i dont have high hopes for original sounding melodies.
but thats not why i listen to bddc.

does anyone know what year bernard's photo on the pullout sleeve (i'm assuming thats him) was taken?? if recent then he's too young to have been producer on the disco club ep, so i'm assuming it's older. (unless if bernard is pulling the wool over all our eyes and has adopted the name and the sound but was not the original producer/composer)

yes! conspiracy !!
I don't think the first was made by humans. Bernard is surely a cover for secret inteligence

Dancin' for freaks and fame!

19

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

*yawn*

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

Plat0r wrote:

the cover is gorgeous btw
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4 … SS400_.jpg
i need to find this and frame it

By Non-Format. They do good work.

http://www.non-format.com/showcase/blac … h-eight/1/

Last edited by Communicator (2008-09-18 21:30:14)

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

just found myself a copy at a pretty penny
cant wait to put it on the wall smile

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

Wanted to buy the new Black Devil wednesday...but finally  i chose the Robert Hood mix on Fabric and the compilation by Baldelli Cosmic Disco ? Cosmic rock !

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

that album art is terrible. please no more photoshop drippy paint bullshit

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

KkLOVENHOOF wrote:

that album art is terrible. please no more photoshop drippy paint bullshit

I thought the same when I first saw it

Re: Black Devil Disco Club - Eight Oh Eight ...

non format looks like ripoffs of Designers Republic and Build :>