Topic: Pristina

Checking over there for August. Please let me know if you know someone for hosting, and any tips are appreciated of course.  smile

Re: Pristina

Unfortunately, I don't know anybody there,but since I moved here to Skopje, I wanna visit. It's very close, just 85 km. Maybe I'll go in August. We could meet for a beer.
And I'll ask around if my friends here have good tips and if they know somebody to host you.

coolex! I could also imagine including a little short trip to Skopje, since I'm gonna be in Pristina for quite a while probably. smile

And take a trip to Nis so the three of us could hang out smile

I'd like to take a trip to nis, however if I go to Macedonia or Albania before I will be refused at the serbian border. sad

Who told you that? There might be only problems if you try to cross Kosovo/Serbian border, but since you are foreigner, I don't see why. Crossing between Macedonia, Serbia and Albania should be hassle free for you, unless you are a wanted international fugitive, in which case good luck in hiding in  Pristina smile

The best way to reach Pristina is via Nis. You have several direct buses a day, think the company name is "Adio Turs".
You won't have any problems with crossing the border, the only issue is when you exit to Macedonia from Kosovo you won't be able to come back to Serbia cause you'll have Kosovo exit stamp instead of Serbian.
As far as i know, there is only one guest house/hostel (from cheaper accomodations) in pristina called Velania guest house. You can find info about the rooms on their site http://www.guesthouse-ks.net/

kalson wrote:

You won't have any problems with crossing the border, the only issue is when you exit to Macedonia from Kosovo you won't be able to come back to Serbia cause you'll have Kosovo exit stamp instead of Serbian.

Well that's what I was implying with my previous post, as I'm going through serbia to Pristina (there's a direct bust from vienna). And if i'd then take a trip to macedonia from pristina, then go back and then check over to Nis I'll have a problem. But well, maybe I could do a Serbia visit and then the other places from pristina and go back to Vienna via macedonia. I'll just check what my possibilities are.

That issue is from 2008, dunno if they made something new about it. Maybe it will be useful to check other people recent experiences on http://www.skyscrapercity.com/

well I got it confirmed from someone working for the international community here, but also heard that you can just ask the (albanian or macedonian) border officials to not stamp your passport. And anyway, there's enough buses going from macedonia to vienna.

Just arrived, looking forward to check out aril brikha tomorrow night! smile

P.s. There is a much nicer hostel now called hajde hostel, run by a british-kosovar family in their apartement. Way more prefereable than Velania, although not the full 'kosovarian' dirt experience. Just writing for future visitors! wink