Topic: filtering out midi channels

I have a Siel Opera 6, which only receives midi in omni mode. This is fine when controlled from a sequencer with multiple midi outs, but makes it impossible to use with my Atari or MMT-8. So I need some kind of simple midi data processor which filters all midi data except for a single channel.

One solution I found online is the Midi Solutions Router, but I find it rather expensive ($165) for something this trivial.

Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative?

2 (edited by p-tu 2012-10-10 07:58:08)

Re: filtering out midi channels

I could write a Windows program for that if you want? Might be useful for myself too at some point, maybe for someone else too smile It could be just a simple commandline application that keeps echoing messages from one user-selected channel until you exit the program.

I could even make an option for echoing all channel messages or only note messages.

i could use this kind of program for korg poly 800
but for Mac

Yeah, it's probably doable software wise with PD or something but I was looking for a compact hardware solution. Thanks for the offer, though. I've looked into programming an Arduino board (have a few of those lying around) for the task and it seems fairly straightforward. Gonna shop for the extra parts this weekend.

let me know if it worked out
i maybe do something with arduino as well

not sure if this would solve your issue but it says it can "Remove all MIDI messages coming from a specific channel."

http://mutable-instruments.net/midipal

sweet that^^^
if it's just for the atari, there's a tiny physical interface that can turn the printer or com port  into an extra midi output (in cubase you then choose midi output "Atari" or "export1"