Re: What will happen to Robots for robots when Intergalactic FM launches ?

underground resistance - transition
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kd4AKKSn4w[/youtube]

what happened to global darkness when cbs started up?

Uh

stan snackson wrote:

what happened to global darkness when cbs started up?

wink

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

i like the idea teep!keep me up to date

Teep wrote:

back to your topic - I think a collaborative stream is a fine idea for the forum.  if anyone's interested let's open up a topic and kick around the idea.

basically you could cost share a shoutcast server (or use any of recommended freeware versions) then setup a schedule for people to take turns feeding it a stream for redistribution.  using a forum/thread you could convey who currently is feeding... would be a bit chaotic at first (can be fun though) but with a few simple instructions might be sustainable. 

think about it.

-tp

Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

dont burn bridges it can look a tad silly

Deathcrush '99

This forum has it's purpose, so no worries here.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

I say keep the R4R and let it be its own thing. It has turned into something of its own and is in the hands of the Robots where it belongs.

RDJX was the master of the CBS. He was a great leader, but he shut it down. I think that risk will always be there when one person is in charge. The CBS never claimed to be a democracy, and speaking as a former moderator and CBS insider, it was run more or less like the USSR: one leader with veto power, a dozen or so officials helping run things, and everybody else. It wasn't a bad system, but there was definitely a food chain. What RDJX said was the law, and that was simply the way it worked because the CBS was his creation. I don't think anyone could argue with that. At R4R power appears to be distributed among a few people equally, who are running the forum and managing streams and content which come from other people. More like a village, less like an empire.

The Hotmix forum will probably be more tightly focused. The CBS got bogged down with so much content that it was unwieldy, like the Soviet satellite states. I say we treat R4R/CBS and Hotmix as two separate, neighboring countries with similar cultures but different governments, in the manner of Slovakia and the Czech Republic. I am sure the relationship will be warm.

Gabe wrote:

The Hotmix forum will probably be more tightly focused. The CBS got bogged down with so much content that it was unwieldy, like the Soviet satellite states. I say we treat R4R/CBS and Hotmix as two separate, neighboring countries with similar cultures but different governments, in the manner of Slovakia and the Czech Republic. I am sure the relationship will be warm.

lol.. well said
you have a future in politics :-)