Topic: Komplete Audio 6 Problem

I have a Komplete Audio 6 audio interface and use it with win xp via usb.

My problem is that whenever I try to record any of my gear with a recording software on my pc there is some noise on the recorded audio. I made a system performance test with the native instruments control panel and the dpc latency checker. They showed that the system is fast enough. I tried changing the process buffer and the usb buffer with no avail.
When I record with Audacity the noise is heavier than in Kristal Audio Engine (both free software).

Output latency is 10.2 ms

Anyone got any ideas how to solve the problem? I googled but didnt find any useful solution to my problem.

Re: Komplete Audio 6 Problem

are sample rate and bit rate set the same on both interface and software?

I use 44100 HZ as sample rate. and I cant change anything on the interface itself.

according to the spec you should be able to select different sample rates (44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz) and bit depth (16, 24 Bit).
try to find that option in a menu related to the interface. make sure your recording settings in audacity match those settings.

I now tried both bit depth 16 and 24 bit matching settings in audacity, still no changes.
Thank you for your help so far.

6 (edited by AudaxPowder 2012-12-04 19:21:21)

Hmmm I have the Komplete Audio 6 as well but now on windows 7 and my DAW is Cockos REAPER (another free one), haven't encountered any noise except from my 1/4" chords which I'm slowly swapping out for all gold tipped Mogamis.

Which ins are you using on the actual hardware of the Komplete Audio 6? I run my mixer into lines 1 & 2 on the front with the buttons set for "Line" and not "Instrument", only turned up to about the little line next "Gain" for the volume knobs. It looks like this:

Gain -
        (\)   <---knob

You may just have your audio running too hot/loud into the interface device.

I tried it with every in available, always get the same results.
Actually the noise sounds like cracks.

Tried your recommendation but didn't change anything. Thanks anyway!

"cracks" are usually associated with digital clipping resulting from an over amplified gain level. always record below 0db FS (stay in the green). the only other thing i can think of is maybe a clocking problem but i'm unaware of your options.

9 (edited by AudaxPowder 2012-12-05 23:36:45)

In Audacity try going into edit > preferences and then try messing with the first 5 options:
Devices
Playback
Recording
Quality
Interface

I'd imagine your solution could be found through these menu selections, just a guess though.

It may be something to do with the audio drivers and windows itself though, ASIO things. You may have to try different DAWs for more detailed menu parameters.