1 (edited by Paudical 2008-09-16 00:55:09)

Topic: Fingers Inc. Live @ The Roxy 1988

Taken from djhistory.com. Robert Owens sounds amazing! Some skipping unfortunately

[i]Following their UK tour the American group FINGERS INC gave a one-off show in Club RoXY in Amsterdam, on friday March 11th 1988

Fingers INC represents Chicago House of the first generation like no other. Deep House like 'can you feel it' or bouncing jacktrax like 'bring down the walls' or sentimental tracks like 'bye bye' en 'never more lonely'

Re: Fingers Inc. Live @ The Roxy 1988

cool flyer

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

thanx for uploading

Vlam Aan

first half hour is pretty awful

ratsnake wrote:

then you don't like mr fingers, i think it's great he managed to play it all live on tour, sounding so close to the records
couldn't have been too many people there from the sound of the crowd, i used to live down there back then, but would not be seen near the roxy, wish i had known better,,,

always wanted to know where the "dance to the music" sample on De Clercq's - Pied the Piper came from?
been used on a few rekids but i think his was the 1st

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

guess not, i thought i would dig it because "can you feel it" really rocks but i wasnt expecting them to wail over some faint beats like drunken drag queens

thx! sounds great!

Heil CBS

e,r wrote:
ratsnake wrote:

then you don't like mr fingers, i think it's great he managed to play it all live on tour, sounding so close to the records
couldn't have been too many people there from the sound of the crowd, i used to live down there back then, but would not be seen near the roxy, wish i had known better,,,

always wanted to know where the "dance to the music" sample on De Clercq's - Pied the Piper came from?
been used on a few rekids but i think his was the 1st

you mean pay the piper?
that was the first dutch house production

like the recordings
i know what ratsnake means, you have to got soul to like those robert owens vocals wink

Vlam Aan

ratsnake wrote:

guess not, i thought i would dig it because "can you feel it" really rocks but i wasnt expecting them to wail over some faint beats like drunken drag queens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcaYyae9ySE  I'll play a couple tracks from "Another side" on Friday...

roger

Thanx...look another finger's masterpiece
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX8REFD25Bw[/youtube]

I don't like that version of Can U Feel It but the rest of their set rocks

Not awful but the the synths and drums are really really quite!

kuczera -you mean pay the piper?

who sez that discogs? alot of people i know think it's Marcel Hol (or acid dervish imo)
anyhow it's the sample i wanted to find out about, any idea?

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

e,r wrote:

kuczera -you mean pay the piper?

who sez that discogs? alot of people i know think it's Marcel Hol (or acid dervish imo)
anyhow it's the sample i wanted to find out about, any idea?

well there both from 1989
and i heard the rumor already before discogs even excisted
i will check the record later and give it a try
first i have another great job to do, continuing cleaning my appartment..

Vlam Aan

ramos wrote:
ratsnake wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcaYyae9ySE  I'll play a couple tracks from "Another side" on Friday...

roger

coolex. their studio stuff is awesome, i guess i just had to be there

ratsnake