Topic: boss dr 660. editing and saving sounds

hey! i love my dr 660, found it super cheap in a junk shop. now i wonder how do i save a pattern with edited sounds (level, pitch...)? i tried to find out by reading manual but i kind of failed, its changing drum kits kind of confusing. also tried to copy an drum kit but then the copied kit didnt save the parameter settings. any help appreciated, thx in advance!

Re: boss dr 660. editing and saving sounds

You can only save edited kits over drum kits 32-38. The others like to reset themselves to stock.

3 (edited by AudaxPowder 2013-01-10 00:27:59)

Also you have to select the kit you want to use after you hit "REC" but before you hit "START".

man the dr 660 was my very first piece of gear back in '93 or so.  it's all about the  complex patterns.  dont tweak that shit  cool

hey there re replies. thx.  i figured it out. beeing in REC mode is the key!!!! i just made great dance mania style 808 kit,  pitching that shit down smile @ AudaxPowder: i think u can overwrite all kits exept 1-6

Ahh okay but yeah I knew some of them reset. I guess 32-38 are just what I've always used since those were the duplicate kits for stock. Glad you got it working credit_00!  big_smile

one more question. now how do i change or give a pattern a name???

8 (edited by AudaxPowder 2013-01-15 23:40:58)

After you hit "REC" and before you hit "START" press the right arrow pad or ">" 3 times to start selecting character space with the left right arrows. Then the up and down arrows or the character pads to create a name.

yeh thx, figured it out! but if u dont know u better ask somebody smile