Topic: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

Missed it by a few seconds at both outlets neutral  Anyone got a spare copy?

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

Gotta laugh at the comment on discogs..

"and everyone who sells a second copy for the profit: i hope the rest of your collection gets turned into britney spears CDs by the Discomagic wizard" lol

Wonder how ridiculously priced the first copy to show on discogs will be?...£100...£200? world gone mad, think your only hope would be a repress hmm

Let's get Dumb

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

given the label's reluctance to cater for demand i think my only hope was pre-ordering the package when it was announced.

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

Possibly...but i didn't pre-order, maybe i've just clicked on the site at the right moment...i certainly didn't think they would go so fast. In saying that, i still haven't taken delivery of the records i ordered yet so hmm

Let's get Dumb

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

can't sleep these days it seems, it's a justified hype record this time and hot in every conceivable way
i'll keep dreaming

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

ronin wrote:

given the label's reluctance to cater for demand i think my only hope was pre-ordering the package when it was announced.

Hi, we thought the pressing run was realistic based on the number of people interested and our budget.
I'm gonna be bummed out if this shows up at inflated prices on discogs....

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

I guess it's difficult to judge these things. I just thought "yea, I'll get it when it's out"' but little did I know the run was 150 and many others were thinking likewise. 300 would have seemed more realistic. I had fair notice to pre-order, so I have no complaints. If you stumble upon a spare copy spare a thought   wink

There will be speculation I'm afraid, and I like dumbot predict the first to be over €100.

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

if the demand is that high, why not another 150 copies?

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

lol received today a package from Clone, my records were put... in the empty carton box of the 50 copies of "Hot Girl of Italo" they got in the shop !  lol

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

For 100euro you can buy a original hot italo girl on vinyl or hire a real one (for an half hour or so ;-).

Last edited by Scarface (2013-06-26 23:18:13)

"Are you loving?"

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

ronin wrote:

can't sleep these days it seems, it's a justified hype record this time and hot in every conceivable way
i'll keep dreaming

pffff,  i hate that sale text "dont sleep", in this case it was true though

move along

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

First copy for sale on discogs €66.66... neutral

Let's get Dumb

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

Don't sleep over the Three Of You-release then....  roll

Last edited by Scarface (2013-06-27 22:20:52)

"Are you loving?"

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

DumbBot wrote:

First copy for sale on discogs €66.66... neutral

someone actually bought it???

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

hysteric wrote:
DumbBot wrote:

First copy for sale on discogs €66.66... neutral

someone actually bought it???

Such a fine line between desirability of certain tracks e.g. 200 copies being more or less the standard for most labels now, and Hot Girls selling instantly.
Based on the success of the first two ltd reissues, maybe worth pressing more next time. Up to yourself tho.

Last edited by Guyver 303 (2013-06-28 08:42:38)

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://robotdj.net/?dj=Guyver303

16

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

hysteric wrote:

I'm gonna be bummed out if this shows up at inflated prices on discogs....

maybe read your own comments referencing the Lebanon Hanover stuff George smile


hysteric wrote:
DumbBot wrote:

First copy for sale on discogs €66.66... neutral

someone actually bought it???


you would think  a discogs comment about a repress, will stop investors profiting six times!! the money you made in less then 48 hours,,,

and i thought I should have changed some of my savings to US$ couple of month ago wink
seems like "investment" in Mothball could have ripped a greater reward

Last edited by e,r (2013-06-28 23:33:50)

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

ronin wrote:

Missed it by a few seconds at both outlets neutral  Anyone got a spare copy?

a friend of mine bought the this record and then realised it is also in the package.
i asked him if he wanted to sell this to a RfR member, and it was ok for him.
if interested, let me know. i will do the shipping etc, he doesnt want to do this.

Last edited by streppe (2013-07-01 10:20:58)

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

streppe wrote:

a friend of mine bought the this record and then realised it is also in the package.
i asked him if he wanted to sell this to a RfR member, and it was ok for him.
if interested, let me know. i will do the shipping etc, he doesnt want to do this.

amazing! pm sent

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

DumbBot wrote:

Wonder how ridiculously priced the first copy to show on discogs will be?...£100...£200?

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?releas … &ev=rb

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

I don't get what so good about the daniela poggi track.
EDIT: great sleeve design.

Last edited by most complicated robot (2013-07-04 10:53:26)

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

il mafioso wrote:
DumbBot wrote:

Wonder how ridiculously priced the first copy to show on discogs will be?...£100...£200?

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?releas … &ev=rb

roll

most complicated robot wrote:

I don't get what so good about the daniela poggi track.

I personally love it (obviously) but beyond that I found it appeals to a lot of people with diverse and sometimes more mainstream tastes, maybe because you can hear in it elements of classic 70s-80s rock, like Fleetwood Mac.
Also it's produced by the great Vince Tempera!

most complicated robot wrote:

great sleeve design.

thx smile

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

despite my not liking it, I'm really happy that it goes well and the label, yours and Bordello a Parigi, is doing great

keep them coming
smile

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

most complicated robot wrote:

despite my not liking it, I'm really happy that it goes well and the label, yours and Bordello a Parigi, is doing great

keep them coming
smile

thanks a lot smile

in the not too distant future: "Real Men of Italo-disco" (on blue vinyl, of course)

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

definitely not den harrow then

wink

Re: Wanted: Hot Girls of Italo Disco

edit

Last edited by kuczera (2013-07-05 14:28:06)

move along