Topic: Obama vs. McCain

the election that decides americas future. Pretty grim. trying to be optimistic here and finding it hard.

hmm

hope theres a place for this in the cbs.

GREETZ!

Re: Obama vs. McCain

Who's McCain? Everybody's talking about Sarah Palin.

superheroes only exist in comic books.
my vote (if i had one) goes to this guy...

http://international.tromamovies.com/i/toxie2.jpg

What is the CBS ?

No somo Roberto Succo

Saturday Night Live does Sarah Palin:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6lA3bgHc11ISwLz7m

She got her irritating voice perfectly right.

the election that decides americas future

that's hype talking. no politician is so earth shattering

well america needs to get its shit together and if someone dosnt fix it were fucked.

btw palin sucks hard. she said she watched the skit without volume. pshhh shes pretty good delivering lies just like

mcCain. America dosnt need another baby boomer president.

GREETZ!

lucio robo wrote:

What is the CBS ?

http://www.cbs.com

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/3426/acclaimym9.gif

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

americans need to wake up and smell the totalitarian democracy

If McCain wins, I'm moving to another planet.

If McCain wins, he may be Sarah Palin's predecessor...:P

Paudical wrote:

the election that decides americas future

that's hype talking. no politician is so earth shattering

so true

Apathy sucks. Keep it in your own countries please.

Some of us do see the next president as hugely important to America, and rightly so. It is. There are directly opposed ideologies competing. Hype is hype is politics, but there's actual policy and ideology hiding in that shit. If you seriously think getting away from GWB's policies isn't a big deal, or haven't noticed the incredible damage that's happened to the USA, and because of the USA, in the last 8 years, I think you are mindlessly bitter and apathetic. This is a huge political moment, fucking huge.

i got to agree with stinki on that and i'm not american. when america is sick, the world is sick...
you better vote lads, and no bullshit please !

I'm not apthetic, I wish I could vote in your election! The incumbent government have done huge damage to America, the world and to American reputation when they should have been taking care of their own house. I was responding to the idea of this election "deciding america's future". Of course it's deciding the NEAR future. My bitterness is with the state of politics today, it being lost in a cycle of spin and suffocated by outside forces i.e. big business

16 (edited by Niet Rockers 2008-09-22 11:24:03)

I also agree but you'd better not think of obama as the allmighty who will restore the american dream.
Democrats in the US political history have always been a failure, carter was a fool, clinton mastered treachery.
If the GOP wins again in november, we might all be doomed.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/brettrules1980/barack___obama.jpgVS http://www.conquistadesign.com/images_new/McCain_packaging/Conquista_Creative_R&D_McCain_Packaging_groot.jpg

Acta est fabula....

yeah seems like the vote is about the flavour of the ideology instead of anything concretely different. atleast when looking from the outside.

Monkey see, monkey do.

19 (edited by SLEEK 2008-09-23 16:47:57)

i just want your opinion on the people running. Just wanted to see it your way, thats all...

GREETZ!

Stinki wrote:

Apathy sucks. Keep it in your own countries please.

Some of us do see the next president as hugely important to America, and rightly so. It is. There are directly opposed ideologies competing. Hype is hype is politics, but there's actual policy and ideology hiding in that shit. If you seriously think getting away from GWB's policies isn't a big deal, or haven't noticed the incredible damage that's happened to the USA, and because of the USA, in the last 8 years, I think you are mindlessly bitter and apathetic. This is a huge political moment, fucking huge.

It is a big deal, and btw im 19 my generation sees the effects of what gwb has done and is completely embarrassed.  Im just asking for opinion.

GREETZ!

C. wrote:

Who's McCain? Everybody's talking about Sarah Palin.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u0sevdGsog[/youtube]

I am voting for Nader. This country needs a third party, and I like him. Independent candidates don't get nearly enough coverage.

If McCain wins I am moving to Holland as a political refugee

dirtieblonde wrote:

I am voting for Nader. This country needs a third party, and I like him. Independent candidates don't get nearly enough coverage.

If McCain wins I am moving to Holland as a political refugee

If McCain wins it may be because not enough people voted for Obama...

Oh come on, Nader? A statement vote _this year_? I sure hope you change your mind.

I voted for Nader in 2000, I even had to write his name in since he wasn't on the ballot in NC. I was not particularly into Gore, and not particularly scared of Bush. And I saw Nader speak and shook his hand. But boy, do I regret that vote. I registered Democrat this year. I am not playing this year. I have many friends working for the Obama campaign.

The ideologies of Obama vs McCain are vastly different. They are from diametrically opposed political parties, first of all. Saying they are the same is to ignore party platform and history. Then look at them personally, and you'll see even more specific differences in leadership. One is a blubbering hothead who is essentially running as a military "official". The other is a former community organizer, a pacifist, and for fuck's sake, a black man. Yes it does matter in a country with centuries of racial hatred and oppression indelibly etched it's foundation. Yes it matters in a country which has been fueled by ultra-right-wing ideology for the last 8 years, determined to enter into a new era of American imperialism. This is absolutely a no-brainer.

As for deciding the future, well if you want to be absolutist, sure, other things will affect America's future. But this is easily the most important election of my lifetime and one of the most notable in American history. So yeah, it's going to have some pretty lasting effects.

Yeah, I might change my mind, but keep in mind I live in Cali. Obama will win in Cali, no issue. Now if I lived in a red state or swing state, I would definitely vote for Obama.

McCain is so evil. I cannot see how anyone could possibly vote for him, unless you are a greedy jackass that makes over $250k/year and don't want to pay more taxes. Everyone says it can't get worse than Bush, but I think McCain could actually be worse, especially with Palin thrown in the mix. What a joke.

I don't think Obama will be the savior everyone is making him out to be, but it's a step in the right direction.