Topic: Ambient/IDM tape release: Isomorphic - Shadow Locked 1/2 [1-diam.tape]

ISOMORPHIC - Shadow Locked 1/2 [1-diam.tape]

Limited and hand numbered to 75x C52 cassette tapes, incl. digital download.

LISTEN AND BUY HERE:
http://diametricmusic.limitedrun.com/pr … i-cassette

http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a535/arneweinberg123/1-diamtape_artwork_xhomepage_zps8af6b6cd.jpg

a-side: Shadow locked I (25:03 min.)
b-side: Shadow locked II (25:07 min.)

Diametric. proudly launches its tape series with this first cassette release by Isomorphic.
Isomorphic is the ambient/electronica project of Sheffield based John Shima who has already
released the critically acclaimed 12inch “Apoapsis EP” on the main diametric. venture.
Shadow Locked I/II features 50 minutes of sci-fi influenced ambient and electronica, mainly
based on modular synthesis excursions that John conceived in his studio. This electronic
adventure is split in various interwoven parts and takes you on a trip through space and in
between. The music recalls the golden days of labels such as Fax or Rising High with
beautifully crafted soundscapes and atmospheres.
Limited and hand numbered to 75x C52 cassette tapes, incl. digital download, provided with
purchase of the tape through the diametric. webstore. Tapes will only be available through
the diametric. webstore, Interstellar Sounds UK and Rub a Dub UK exclusively.
Please note, Interstellar Sounds and Rub a Dub do not provide the digital download.
Download only included with purchase in the diametric. webstore.
www.diametric-music.com

Re: Ambient/IDM tape release: Isomorphic - Shadow Locked 1/2 [1-diam.tape]

Oh hell that tape is so dam sexy with the diametric logo on it. I do wonder what is behind the resurgence of tapes tho, even less practical than vinyl..i mean i play tapes with a ten quid walkman i got from argos. Regardless of the format, great music cool

Let's get Dumb

I was thinking the same thing. Why tapes? But as soon as I got my hands on the first tapes I bought it brought back so many nice memories and yes, it's mainly nostalgia but coming with the format is a feel for community. I know, that sounds elitist but with tapes you can be 100% sure that the people are really into the music because with vinyl and even CD's there is always somehow this tool aspect, especially in electronic music, for deejays etc.
With a tape you have to take time to listen and you have to take care of the medium as it is much more fragile.
This plus the magic saturation you get....

I mean i've always been buying tapes over the years, but more for avant-gard folk/psyche...like http://sloowtapes.blogspot.co.uk/ , where the cassettes are wonderful items with amazing art.

It's the strange resurgence in electronica/techno cassettes from the likes for Further records, genuinely i think you are more likely to sit and listen to a tape, rather than skip through it like an mp3. But you're right it's all about the romance & nostalgia, and when was being practical ever fun wink

Let's get Dumb

DumbBot wrote:

genuinely i think you are more likely to sit and listen to a tape, rather than skip through it like an mp3.

hit the nail man. with tapes, the listener is forced into experiencing the music as a whole.
Tapes are also a great, inexpensive way to get good music out to people who truly want to listen.