http://www.factmagazine.co.uk/index.php … ;Itemid=27

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

Re: Morgan Geist interview

Nice.

this one is really good

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature-read.aspx?id=960

Nice interview. Looking forward to the album ("most of all" was a great pre-taste).

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

thanks for both of the interviews. as a side note, the bit in the first one where he talks about the legislation for NYC venues is really upsetting. I had no idea it was as bad as there being bars with 'no dancing' signs on the wall hmm

Hats off to Morgan.

You were just a damn sequencer
Moving to the beat
Living with a synthesizer
Cold as a repeat

Just got the new album. It's great.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

Klart wrote:

Listened to it in the record shop and left it there.. I really dislike the vocals and there are only three tracks or so without them.. They sound so white and indie pop..

9 (edited by Klart 2008-10-02 08:47:57)

Starborough wrote:
Klart wrote:

Listened to it in the record shop and left it there.. I really dislike the vocals and there are only three tracks or so without them.. They sound so white and indie pop..

I guess the vocals have to be your thing. I also like the Junior Boys album "So This Is Goodbye" with Jeremy on vocals.

The production on the album is astounding as usual with Environ.

10 (edited by dolcevita 2008-10-09 10:45:47)

we did also a small online thing with morgan geist for our frankfurt based "sub culture" magazine.
the full text is in our september issue
the questions were quite "basic", but please keep in mind that this city magazine is more for a mainstream audience and not for experts, so i decided to ask some basics...
here are the questions, if i have time i will do an update even with morgans answers...:

www.sankathi.de

i hate soccer

thanks to the pointers to the 2 interviews, good reads and stuff I was wondering about.

dolcevita - looking forward to reading the answers.

as for the new album, been enjoying it as it goes along.  most of all, lullaby, and skyblue pink for a while now.  detroit, ruthless city, and the shore more recently. 

I got no issue w/white and/or indie pop... I guess I'm a white pop slut.  hehe. wink
-tp

12 (edited by IvyHeights 2008-10-19 16:15:17)

may as well be a junior boys album...would have liked it to differentiate itself a bit...bit sappy but nice too

Deathcrush '99