Topic: larry paul emmet background

just saw it on the yt for the video

Mike Parker2 months ago

Larry Paul Emmett passed away December 2012. He was arrested in Italy on a bogus charge of hashish possession a few days before the song Evita was released. Several months later he was expedited back to the US and wasnt allowed to return to Italy. The sad thing is he never really knew Evita was a hit. The record company didnt want the public to know that their singer was in jail for hash so they released another version as quickly as they could.. My name is Mike Parker and i was Larrys husband of twenty years until his death. Larry used to tell me he had a record in Italy and he often wondered if anybody ever listened to it.He would be proud to that it was heard and enjoyed by so many. Larry continued with many styles of music over the years of including pop,rock, and blues but his biggest passion was for gospel.He also became a very successful restaurantaur as he and i started and  own the Pizza Shack restaurants in Jackson, Mississippi. I am writing this on the first anniversary of his death but it fills my heart with joy that he is remembered.I know nobody  knows what happened to him but your simple and kind comment motivated me to share this tidbit of info with you. feel free to pass it along if anybody is curious and you are welcome to contact me if you have any questions. Sincerely, Michael Parker    mrpjce@gmail.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD3PRXE9-Ms

2 (edited by Scarface 2014-02-20 20:07:49)

Re: larry paul emmet background

Besides the sad story of Larry going to jail and his death a year ago we also get to know the reason of Evita being released twice. I like both versions but always had a slight preference for Laury Paul Emmet's version really. Nice to read some backgroundinformation about him.

edit: ah I see it was a copied youtube-comment...

Other youtube-comment from the writer of Evita:

"MrGennyrocco
3 jaar geleden
als reactie op ac26187

@ac26187 ...the first was coco bill! I'm the author! After many years i' m so happy ! Yes "Coco Bill" was my nikname! Try to listen another my production "Storia" singer was Michael Copson. Thanks very much by Jenny Rocco"

So he claims Coco Bill was first...

"Are you loving?"