Re: What new booty have you acquired?

leedorean wrote:

urei 1601s for 90

niets helpt. het overstelpt.

127 (edited by Poodle 2008-08-20 17:30:49)

http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/velociraptor.jpg

needed a new os drive for my new rig. couldn't wait for the smaller ones and the SSDs are not mature yet imo (or windows is not mature if you'd like) so it had to be a velociraptor 300.

128 (edited by computerdisco 2008-08-20 18:23:53)

Boom Chick!!!

CR - 8000!!!!! YEHAWW!!

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2406/2442600402_d4f7c024c9_o.jpg

SEX! it looks quite pristine too

131 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2008-08-21 18:04:15)

olivier8 wrote:

yeah can't wait to try it when i get back home, it also has an "intelligent" harmonizing mode that  modulates intervals so that playback follows a melody in a pre-defined scale or/and key

the reverse kinda effect Smackos mentionned is surely the "Flutter" FX mode...
an optional pedal can be hook up for live expression/modulation as well ..and it's stereo

BOSS slicer pedal definitely comes in next (it has a midiclock input)
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--BOSSL20

Wait a minute I was talking about a different pedal thats also blue wink

I thought it was this one

http://www.zikinf.com/_gfx/matos/dyn/large/boss-digital-pitch-shifter-delay-ps-3.jpg

Thats the one that can do reverse and pitch and stuff

Aw snap! Congrats!

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

anatek smp-7 midi patchbay/router

thanks guys, that's actually not the picture of mine but it looks just the same
two sliders need replacement (hopefully that's all)

135 (edited by TONY COPS 2013-06-03 15:18:27)

edited

150 bucks? thats silly.. Congratulations is in order.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

where did you get that? which city i mean? this guy here had a busted one for 50 bucks and wont answer my calls!!! I have been loosing sleep over it.

138 (edited by Victor D 2008-08-22 17:51:18)

putting an 808/909 kit in a linn drum is a pretty stupid thing to do anyway

Doesn't that sound really cool? Like crappy 8 bit samples of 808 and 909 and then you can sequence them with the Linn sequencer...I knew of a Drumtraks with 808 samples in it that was pretty cool

Also, how much are the Linns worth nowadays?

I have seen a couple for crazy prices sometimes but I am not sure if they really sell for that...most of the time they go for 300 ish - 500ish in euros...probably the same in $$$.

a few years ago i sold mine for around 400 i think.. so thats coreect value wise. forat is a super source for all kind of linn stuff, and bruce is a nice guy too. i think he still sells the original roms too..

and a linn is super easy to work on, its really well engineered inside with lots of room to work on..

Squadra Smackos wrote:

Doesn't that sound really cool? Like crappy 8 bit samples of 808 and 909 and then you can sequence them with the Linn sequencer...I knew of a Drumtraks with 808 samples in it that was pretty cool

I'd get a Mirage instead and I'd sequence it with an rm1x or something else...
Well maybe the Linn sequencer is more fun to use, I don't know...the fact is I like too much Linn Drum's original sounds and the thought of putting other chips into the machine give me the shivers!

thanks BMX!  Congrats accepted
I'd rather have the original sounds in there, but I know I can get them so it's a good thing to also have these rarer chips, they do sound nice with the lofi 8bit sampling Smackos, I think you used an old Amiga in the same way at some point right?
I'll also check Forat but chips there are 20$ instead of ten from Electrongate, but they possibly have a wider selection.
The mirage sounds nice but it's does'nt look half as cool as a Linn and I'd be very surprised it sounds as good.
Thanks for the price references guys, I think I made a good deal, I'll make an update when I gather all the missing original chips and get the midi installed.

The Amiga used the same sample chip as the Mirage btw the difference is ofcourse that after the chip it goes through the machines amplifying an filters etc. I still use the Amiga a lot, its a great drummachine sampler.

I read somewhere that Roger Linn didn't really know much about audio science and he used filters that were kind of weird and that resulted in the typical Linndrum sound or something.

You can always change the chips when you get bored with the sounds if you have a lot of different chips...if you are not too lazy.

144 (edited by TONY COPS 2013-06-03 15:18:19)

edited

Squadra Smackos wrote:

The Amiga used the same sample chip as the Mirage btw the difference is ofcourse that after the chip it goes through the machines amplifying an filters etc. I still use the Amiga a lot, its a great drummachine sampler.

I read somewhere that Roger Linn didn't really know much about audio science and he used filters that were kind of weird and that resulted in the typical Linndrum sound or something.

You can always change the chips when you get bored with the sounds if you have a lot of different chips...if you are not too lazy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_IIgs#Audio_features

Monkey see, monkey do.

Squadra Smackos wrote:

The Amiga used the same sample chip as the Mirage btw the difference is ofcourse that after the chip it goes through the machines amplifying an filters etc.

I read this somewhere in the Vintage synths book from Mark Vail, but when I do some research on the internet about this I can't really find proof for that...I think it is based on that chip or something and its the same guy that designed it.

I just looked it up in the book and it looks like that chip was designed in 1982 for the Amiga by Bob Yannes, an Ensoniq cofounder, they later used the exact same chip in 1984 for the Mirage.  He's the same guy who designed the synth in the Commodore 64.

148 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2008-08-23 00:01:31)

Yeah the SID chip. But for the Amiga - Mirage thing, I did some googling apparently the chip is called the Q-chip but this is the Ensoniq ES5503 DOC and in the Amiga it is PAULA (it was named after his girlfriend) and they are quite different...

For what I can recall (Commodore Amiga HW Reference Guide and some service schematics of the Mirage), while
the two chips shared a common ground in the design, the implementation was completely different..
Compared to the Paula, the ES5503 was more simple but had a more powerful mixdown engine, while the Paula
would/could get much more interaction with the software...

Old audio.device aficionado here big_smile

$dff000 4lyf

Monkey see, monkey do.

Pages Previous 1 4 5 6 7 8 189 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → General Hardware / Software Discussion → What new booty have you acquired?