Re: your last purchases of records

Scarface wrote:
narcisco wrote:

Fad Gadget - Ricky's Hand

Have that one my wantlist for so long now...

I had it in my wantlist for quite some time too, it's not expensive online though. I'll keep an eye open. By the way, there just opened a new record store in Amsterdam, called Red Light Records. They had good stuff, but some things  were quite expensive like the original Methusalem record for 150 eu and Felli Diamond In The Night for 70 eu. There was nice cheaper stuff as well though. I believe Taco runs it, he was also at the record fair at the OT301 the last time.
Anyway it's located: Oudekerksplein 26, open from wednesday till sunday from 11:00 till 19:00.

Kid Machine - Replicants

Mike Ink & The Chain Of Brotherhood - Lovely Ugly Brutal World for my harder collection   smile

Various – Italia New Wave
(Minimal Synth, No Wave & Post Punk Sounds from the 80's Italian Underground)

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Italia-N … se/3763243

3,954 (edited by Scarface 2012-07-29 21:33:46)

narcisco wrote:
Scarface wrote:
narcisco wrote:

Fad Gadget - Ricky's Hand

Have that one my wantlist for so long now...

I had it in my wantlist for quite some time too, it's not expensive online though. I'll keep an eye open. By the way, there just opened a new record store in Amsterdam, called Red Light Records. They had good stuff, but some things  were quite expensive like the original Methusalem record for 150 eu and Felli Diamond In The Night for 70 eu. There was nice cheaper stuff as well though. I believe Taco runs it, he was also at the record fair at the OT301 the last time.
Anyway it's located: Oudekerksplein 26, open from wednesday till sunday from 11:00 till 19:00.

Yes, I've seen Ricky's Hand at affordable prices online and should get it long time ago. Only myself to blame now... wink

Funny that you mention that Red Light Records cause I just been there. Nice little shop and felt like a kid a candystore but at the same time afraid of spending too much cause of the same reason... Didn't see the Felli and Methusalem then... Maybe didn't look to good cause I only could spend an hald hour there. It's run by Tako and another guy I also saw at the OT301-fair yes.

Scored these there:

The Rockets - Atomic LP (Rockland)
Dennis Parker - Like An Eagle 12" (Metronome)
Moebius  - Video Soldier In A Radio War LP (X-Records)
Lazer - Windsurfing (Delirium)

Others:
Dean & Danielle - Victoria (Famous)
Elitechnique - Intrusion (Clone)
Kid Machine - Replicants (Viewlexx)

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

Funny that you mention that Red Light Records cause I just been there. Nice little shop and felt like a kid a candystore but at the same time afraid of spending too much cause of the same reason... Didn't see the Felli and Methusalem then... Maybe didn't look to good cause I only could spend an hald hour there. It's run by Tako and another guy I also saw at the OT301-fair yes.

Scored these there:

I went there the day it opened, on friday not last friday but the week before, so maybe they could have been sold, the were in the German section and in the rare 12" section. I saw the Dennis Parker 12" you bought, I bought the album by him there.  smile
I also saw that Rockets album and I was tempted though I had the exact same "candystore/afraid to spend too much feeling", so I had to make choices. I think it's a shop to keep an eye on.

About Ricky's Hand, and ordering things. I really like it best when I finally see something in a shop instead of ordering anything I want online. With a lot of things, especially  the not amazingly rare stuff, I'm patient. I really like the surprise factor of shops, of not knowing what to find. smile  Some thing however are best to order because you're not likely to ever see certain thing, though even in this case, sometimes I ordered stuff and eventually I found it again in a store or at a fair.

3,956 (edited by Scarface 2012-07-30 13:40:17)

narcisco wrote:
Scarface wrote:

Scored these there:

I went there the day it opened, on friday not last friday but the week before, so maybe they could have been sold, the were in the German section and in the rare 12" section. I saw the Dennis Parker 12" you bought, I bought the album by him there.  smile
I also saw that Rockets album and I was tempted though I had the exact same "candystore/afraid to spend too much feeling", so I had to make choices. I think it's a shop to keep an eye on.

About Ricky's Hand, and ordering things. I really like it best when I finally see something in a shop instead of ordering anything I want online. With a lot of things, especially  the not amazingly rare stuff, I'm patient. I really like the surprise factor of shops, of not knowing what to find. smile  Some thing however are best to order because you're not likely to ever see certain thing, though even in this case, sometimes I ordered stuff and eventually I found it again in a store or at a fair.

Didn't see or check that German and rare 12" section (cause not much time to spend) so that's why I missed those Methusalem and Felli-records then. Always wanted to have the Like An Eagle 12" next to the LP that I already have so that was a nice find. Will be back for sure! I think I didn't order Ricky's Hand for the same reasons you mentioned. Ordering online is more like a last option when your chances of finding it in shops, fairs, markets etc. are very low.

"Are you loving?"

http://s.cdon.com/media-dynamic/images/product/music/album/image1/cosmic_debris_vol2_import-my_cat_is_an_alientext_o-16826513-frnt.jpg

Scarface wrote:
Fitzgerald wrote:

unfortunately no cover,

I think the cover is one of the reasons that makes this record so wanted...

http://funkyimg.com/u2/577/490/nemesy.jpg

Well, especially if you pay that kind of money it's cool indeed to have the full artwork but at least he will be able to mix You Can, You Can  smile
The same seller had a white label of David Gray - I Wanna Fly, looks like it got sold too.
Both are great records but nothing for my wallet I'm afraid.

"A Real Music Hater"

Smackulator - Kicked Tuda Curb EP

Mad respect on the DR-660 usage, I salute this cool

There's that new Italo seller on discogs who increases his prices every day. Monday his AGF copy cost 20 EUR, yesterday it was 25 EUR and today it's 30 EUR. Is this a new selling strategy?

"A Real Music Hater"

Danza Meccanica 2
Iron Curtain - Shadow (pylon)
and now in the cd player: Angus & Julia Stone - Down The Way

Asmus Tietchens - Biotop
Frederic Mercier - Pacific
Peak - Ebondazzar
Claude Larson - Panorama
Claude Larson - Rivers
Claude Larson - Magnetic Island
Amon Düül II - Pyragony X
Can - Monster Movie

Nurse With Wound - Thunder Perfect Mind 2xLP
Nurse With Wound - The Musty Odour Of Pierced Rectums LP
Nurse With Wound - Soresucker 12"

"A Real Music Hater"

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

Nurse With Wound
Nurse With Wound
Nurse With Wound

Didn't you have a job in a hospital and if so, is this purely a coincidence??? wink

"Are you loving?"

big_smile
I've another job now, but it's the same sector, an institution for mentally handicapped. Nurse With Issues.

"A Real Music Hater"

3,966 (edited by cebteq 2012-08-13 22:48:27)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro5Up1ehkl0[/youtube]

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

big_smile
I've another job now, but it's the same sector, an institution for mentally handicapped. Nurse With Issues.

Ah, I knew it. smile

"Are you loving?"

3,968 (edited by Scarface 2012-08-18 14:57:43)

Trades from narcisco:
SFF – Ticket To Everywhere LP (Brain)
Peru - Constellations LP (RCA)

And:
Al Musci - Dubai Flight (Fremus Record Edizioni Musicali) (7")
Liza Mancini / Mike Up - A Summer Night / Hollywood (Insect Records) (12", Maxi, Promo)
OP. 8 - Butterfly (Discomagic Records) (12"): at long last!
Eddy Huntington - Meet My Friend (ZYX)
Simone - It's Too Late (Electricity)
Secession - Touch (Beggars Banquet): on original label
Nancy Martin - Can't Believe (Atlantic): now with PS
Various – Strange Passion: Explorations In Irish Post Punk DIY And Electronic Music 1980-1983 LP (Couche Couche)
You - Electric Day LP (Cain)
Warning - Electric Eyes LP (Vertigo)
Tik & Tok - Cool Running (Survival)

"Are you loving?"

Scarface wrote:

Various – Strange Passion: Explorations In Irish Post Punk DIY And Electronic Music 1980-1983 LP (Couche Couche)

Yes,  Guyver 303 pointed this one to me. Who'd have thunk it? 

Though the absence of Fergal Sharkey left me feeling hurt and cheated.

3,970 (edited by Scarface 2012-08-18 19:34:30)

Basic Aly wrote:
Scarface wrote:

Yes,  Guyver 303 pointed this one to me. Who'd have thunk it? 

Though the absence of Fergal Sharkey left me feeling hurt and cheated.

Never thought of this (Irish Post Punk DIY And Electronic Music 1980-1983) and bumped on it in the recordstore like, oh another early 80's (minimal)wave compilation... Looked interesting enough to have a listen and it has some really good tracks i.m.o.

edit:

Found an article about it which might be interesting:

http://digitaljournal.com/article/329670

"Are you loving?"

Ta for the article which is an interesting read.  Not a a huge fan of minimal synth, with the mandatory black & white imagery and cut throat singing, however I do like the melodic stuff.

Given that Ireland *N & S* was, and still is predominately really conservative, quite surprising revelations.
Couldn't have been many people at the time over home in to this.

michel cenni - optik 5
epsilon - leave the city/wake up
chris craft - discosmic dance

http://www.israbox.com/uploads/posts/2011-01/thumbs/1295454185_folder.jpg

thx 2 kuczera. love it!!  tongue

.."this world`s a bubble"..

GILLA HELP HELP (LP)
Greek pressing for 1 euro

ancestors from another galaxy

Faust - So Far (Polydor - 2310 196)

Zodiac - Disco Alliance (Мелодия - C60-13771-2)

Robert Fripp / League Of Gentlemen, The - The League Of Gentlemen (Editions EG - 2311 064)
Klaus Schulze - Cyborg (Brain - BRAIN 2/1078)
Tangerine Dream - Cyclone (Virgin, Ariola Eurodisc GmbH - 25 843 XOT)

Actarus - Goldrake (Cetra - SP 1687)
Real Thing - She's A Groovy Freak (Calibre - CABL 105)
Olympic Union And Athenians, The - Zorba's Disco Dancing (Philips - 6435 020)