Topic: Dead Space

This will be a game us Robots play... i'm gonna be in...
http://www.psonly.nl/zoeken/all_dead%20space/
14th of October is the release date.

Strictly Rockaas

Re: Dead Space

mhh...damn, another reason to get a xbox360 (my pc sucks)

whats so special about this fps? why should i play it

ratsnake wrote:

whats so special about this fps? why should i play it

it's not stalker
it's in space

Because you're a mining robot being send to a planet called LV 42.
It's Blade Runner meets Aliens...

Strictly Rockaas

mmm nice

This sure looks like st. up my ally. Resident Evil in space? I love the possibilty of cutting limbs off of the freaks.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

I already posted this in another topic, but this news makes the game a must for every Robot.

"Discover the Terror in Dead Space with Dario Argento, Italy's Master of Thriller

The renowned Italian director plays the role of Doctor Kyne in Dead Space.

September 26, 2008 - Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), today announced that Dario Argento will lend his voice as character Doctor Kyne in the Italian version of Dead Space. EA's new sci-fi survival horror videogame promises to deliver the ultimate in psychological thrills and gruesome action. Dead Space is designed to make sure that everyone from videogame experts to newcomers will truly enjoy a terrifying game experience, as Dario Argento witnessed first hand.

Dario Argento and videogames would normally seem like two very different and seemingly distant worlds in the eyes of many, but when the master of thriller was given the chance to play a character in Dead Space he didn't think twice about it. The Italian director lent his decennial experience and actively contributed in defining the character. He provided precious and accurate suggestions about the overall tone and style of the voice acting, and didn't just read the script. Thanks to his advice and attention to detail, the result is simply astounding, far beyond the usual 'famous-voice-in-a-videogame' clich

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

It's quite close to the movie 'Event Horizon' actually, check http://www.psonly.nl/videos/1977/Dead_Space/
At the end they say it's available on 14 october...
But if you call shops they say 24

Strictly Rockaas

10 (edited by Mr. Maximal 2008-10-16 09:02:00)

It's getting nice reviews as well. I think I might be acquiring this one this weekend.

I checked several shops yesterday, they all tell me the release is on the 24th

Strictly Rockaas

Bummerrrr

this game is the reason why i dont go into space stations no more.

GREETZ!

SLEEK wrote:

this game is the reason why i dont go into space stations no more.

Mmmmmhh... dont you like aliens then??? I love 'em, gonna rip em to pieces and eat them alive!

Strictly Rockaas

aliens blood dripped on my new titanium alloy suit pissed me off.

GREETZ!

16 (edited by Mr. Maximal 2008-10-24 09:24:31)

I feel your pain Sleek. That shit is aciiiid.

Nevertheless... the game is brilliant! I played several hours last night with an open and drouling mouth.
It's not online, no multiplayer and it's no old fashioned shooter. But its gorgeous deep space 'Event Horizon' like. Controls are a little to get used to but work fine. Ambient is great and the sound (& music) is even better!

Now I'm off slicing monsters again big_smile

Strictly Rockaas

sounds like a hit

It IS a hit. While playing I feel the same tension and stress I felt a long time ago with playing Alien Trilogy for the Playstation 1.
Last night I got at level 3 and reached an atrium that was nicely covered with organic alien stuff along the walls, my footsteps through it sounded like walking on mud. Ah, yeah THE SOUND... that is really detailed, all kind of creepy sounds come to your ear and very dynamic too. A very faint whispering female voice here and there, all kinds of 'small' sounds like falling tools in the distance, so I recommend headphones... this doesn't miss to add a great deal to the graphic detail of the game.
The only niggle maybe is switching weapons, it works but it needs practice.

Strictly Rockaas

theres an animated movie for it http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1267379/

Yeah, this game is amazing. Cant remeber ever being scared by a video game like this smile

Everything is just perfect, especially the lighting, but the music, graphics, environments, gameplay and the tension is spot on.

I need love

Looks cool, perhaps i'll buy it tomorrow, checked some vids and they are never the same as the real game of course but it still looks awesome

Damn, just too much good games coming out, don't have the time to play 'em. Gonna pick this one up one day for sure.

finally got this and its very very nice