Topic: I quit

with my present job. Everyone tells me I am crazy, because I have wife and kid, but I have to keep my menthal healt and move on further. No more patiente to fulfill others people's unreal visons. I hope I''ll find another job soon.

I just posted this to share it with you dear robots abd robettes.

2 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-18 00:19:07)

Re: I quit

THX Batko,

BTW I don't plan to be unemployed for longer time. It is a just escape from the hugs of lunitics.

4 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-18 00:19:14)

5 (edited by greg_yu 2008-10-20 09:30:06)

I am i my country but I feel sometimes like a last stranger belive me.

Why don't you search for a new job and solicitate before quiting your current job?

I am pissed of and this job don't give me an opprotunity to search for a new job. Also Sender your question is a common questions, that everybody asks. But I think sometimes we have to be brave and move on to other chalenges.

8 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-18 00:19:25)

I only know too good what you guys talking about....

ITALOMASTER  /  www.discotrax.de

Pack my case
Leave behind this human race

ITALOMASTER wrote:

Me too. Currently looking for something new, interview tomorrow...:/

i think you did the right thing. many people let their jobs consume them completely, and they don't realize until it's too late.
good luck finding another job!

yes you should quit if you are not qualified to do a job

or over-qualified

C. wrote:
ITALOMASTER wrote:

Good luck!!!

Probably I should do the same....

ITALOMASTER  /  www.discotrax.de

Pack my case
Leave behind this human race

15 (edited by captain duran 2008-10-22 13:50:40)

@ greg_yu

think it was the right decision.

Good luck my friend! Talk soon. Tell us what you do then.

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

ITALOMASTER wrote:
C. wrote:
ITALOMASTER wrote:

Good luck!!!

Probably I should do the same....

Thanks, that's kind! smile

quitting your job is a great feeling.

especially when you find a new one a lot quicker than you imagine.

I now work with kids, instead of in finance, and my new clients are waaay more mature.

I quit being a sucker for wack ass jobs.

GREETZ!

captain duran wrote:

tomorrow I`ll be a helper at a catering for Uriah Heep (brrrr)

smile What do Stone Age prog rockers eat?

ps I never had a "real job" since a paper route 18 years ago...
and I'm sure I'll pay for it in the future as I don't have even 50 cents of superannuation.

20 (edited by greg_yu 2008-10-21 13:16:47)

THX guys for your support. I already did the same thing before year and a half and people told me I am crazy, but i was 10 days without job. My present company did't call me for job because I had it already in some friendly company, but asI  said i quit that time, after while i got telephone call from my mate and I got the job.

I hope will be something nice theese days. I am journalist in a daily newspapper which is a bit stress job, especialy in my country, 'couse we have constant change in everything - bosses, politics, every shit and ways of editing politics.
So, I think I ''l be little bit spare of everyday craps in my proffesion.
Maybe this is a nice way to come back to my old and first love - radio.

you could become a freelance journalist.. it's what i do, and i still love it..i spent one year in an office and decided it wasn't for me.. since that, i work from my house and can make my own time schedules.. it sure beats sitting in an office all day!

I quit my minimum wage job last week! It is the best decision I have ever made so far. I am working on www.getafreelancer.com as a copywriter. I can make up to 20 euros an hour. Plus I am helping on my father's farm. I think I just stayed in my old job because I was afraid that being a freelance writer would be risky and result in an undependable income. But its ok so far.

I don't really have any advice for you Greg that wouldn't be cliche or fromage. I definitely agree with you about safeguarding the old mental health. Spending 40 hours a week somewhere is a big commitment, and if you're not comfortable with it it can cause havoc.

For me the most gnawing feeling was that I was wasting my life and going nowhere.

so you can make money from that site? it looks more like modern slavery to me.. 1 to 5 dollars for 500 word articles? no way..

Sems like realy lazy money. Everyone wants to get maximum from the workers and to give to them some coins, just for keeping them alive how can they still works no metters about quality of life.

I am sick of shity exploatation. However, big bosses keep us these day in dilema and makes as fear of future coused by global crysys. So, not many people giving dump to theirs own job theese days. I am not the one.

stop thinking about yourself and think about your family.  only in europe do people think jobs should be pleasant.  its called work for a reason.  writing is bullshit work  get a real job