Topic: Wikipedia users

is anyone interested in starting articles on wikipedia for many of the italo bands that ought to have them?
often you see them mentioned but no article exists, or if one does it is usually in italian or german or a language other than english.

it's very difficult since wikipedia asks for sources other than myspace or blogs, although thats usually the only place to find info on these particular artists and groups, but anything that we could bring forward and post would be of great value to italo fans.

i've started an entry for camaro's gang for now, with info on superradio and sun la shan as well (of course) but it'd be great to add more information as well as to find sources (maybe old magazines that dont exist online?)

who else is a user?

Re: Wikipedia users

idea with wikipedia is great but some information about producers and italo bands we can find on discogs but discogs in not always complete - hmmm smile

_dekoszula! | www.elektropunkz.net

Would be interesting, but is there really much to write about Italo producers or bands?

discogs isnt always very good, or it doesnt have complete information.

and there isnt very much to write about the italo scene, but if people start documenting what little we do know, eventually there could be a nice compendium of information regarding the acts we listen to.

when you read the fun fun page it's sorely lacking, and kinda misleading. they mention spagna but not that the models lip synched to her vocals.  they also dont detail each model change (probably since whoever wrote it didnt know the names of all the models) and i dont think they even mention the uber-kooky one from the happy station clips. but someone out there has to know her name.

and its that sort of trivial information that would be appreciated by all who listen to italo and i feel would be worth documenting on wikipedia.

5 (edited by Sander 2008-10-23 22:54:23)

I once submitted Bunker records with a history story and release information and they removed since it looked more like promotion or something. But maybe some italo history with old releases is ok.

Sander wrote:

I once submitted Bunker records with a history story and release information and they removed since it looked more like promotion or something. But maybe some italo history with old releases is ok.

where is your story about bunker records? any link?

_dekoszula! | www.elektropunkz.net