Re: I-F: lecture at the Red Bull academy

aratkiLo wrote:

It sure was a totally esoteric session for the interviewer and the audience ..
They wanted to hear about techno .. But it began very bad with the "1997 death of techno" postulate haha !
They were sooo out of knowledge and were wondering what are/were these lame (in their opinion) selected tunes..
Funny anyway smile

...btw. its generally to be repected that they are all on legal speed there...;)

herman13 wrote:
Scarface wrote:

Bottomline:

elitistic, nerdy lectures don't pay the bills
commercial, superficial lectures do pay the bills

...but being able to pay the bills isn't enough, there has to be a way #3.

yeah gotta eat too.

GREETZ!

53 (edited by Scarface 2008-10-27 20:46:52)

herman13 wrote:
Scarface wrote:

Bottomline:

elitistic, nerdy lectures don't pay the bills
commercial, superficial lectures do pay the bills

...but being able to pay the bills isn't enough, there has to be a way #3.

Well, here you are: way #3

"Are you loving?"

Kenzaburro's points might be vaild in places, but the crowd featured in the video are guilty of two crimes against the essence of Dance music in general - being indifferent/asleep, and taking notes. When was the last time you had a pen and a notepad in a club, and when was a dancefloor a substitute for a bed?

What really worries me about this thread though is that once again we're attempting to over-analyze the words of I-F. What most of you missed out throughout the duration of that video is Ferenc's discomfort at being treated like a deity of some sort, and we're not helping here either. Let the man do his thing...as long as he makes you dance, analysis is futile.

Moreover, the CBS will not be resurrected - let it please rest in peace...

55 (edited by Vomatron 2008-10-27 21:12:20)

Whats elitist about pointing out that the crowd sucked for the occasion Kenzo? Its nothing to do with feeling superior, its just that you know they arent gonna get the point/message/passion, so whats reason for it you gotta ask - when you know i-f isnt the kinda person that is gonna cut music history out for you in cardboard. The overall thing is of course that the socalled lecture goes beyond that room of people and on the net so it is beneficial for those who wanna dig deeper.

I dont think that the interviewer was too uninformed really, if you notice it he tries to make djx "take the bait" on several points that hes been known to have strong opinions about in the past. He even tries to pry into the edit debate. All in all i think it was ok, although i would have chosen some other tunes to introduce to people new to italo/disco. That girl asking questions about jonzun crew at the end was nice btw, anyone know who she is? tongue

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

bias to the rescue!

lol @ takin notes in the clubs. hahah

wtf would you write. really distorted bass with screaming synths=good.

:?

GREETZ!

maybe they wrote down a discogs shopping list

Woody Aki wrote:

When was the last time you had a pen and a notepad in a club, and when was a dancefloor a substitute for a bed?

When was the last time you were dancing in a lecture? tongue

^ its an interesting music to take notes to. hahaha

GREETZ!

theyre taking notes for his biography: the rise and fall of I-f

Well, a good DJ set is always an eye-opening lecture for the ears and legs, C.... wink

Woody Aki wrote:

...as long as he makes you dance, analysis is futile.

exactly! it's just like Herr Robot said. there is nothing to understand about... either you feel it or you don't!

Queen Of Blood wrote:
Woody Aki wrote:

...as long as he makes you dance, analysis is futile.

exactly! it's just like Herr Robot said. there is nothing to understand about... either you feel it or you don't!

yeah. us and them.

i was just indifferent about the disrespectful audience.

GREETZ!

65 (edited by C. 2008-10-27 21:42:31)

I bet that guy was skribbling stuff like "All I wanted was minimal and Red Bull made me sit here and listen to this strange man...:-((((((((((".

Seriously, maybe most of the guys in the audience were "forced" by Red Bull to attend the lecture. After all, that whole Space Invaders and Electroclash thing happened long time ago and most people don't even remember there was a guy called I-F...That girl asking I-F if he was into hiphop was the only person attending the lecture voluntarily...:P

C. wrote:

I bet that guy was skribbling stuff like "All I wanted was minimal and Red Bull made me sit here and listen to this strange man...:-((((((((((".

^ bahahaha

GREETZ!

aratkiLo wrote:

It sure was a totally esoteric session for the interviewer and the audience ..
They wanted to hear about techno .. But it began very bad with the "1997 death of techno" postulate haha !
They were sooo out of knowledge and were wondering what are/were these lame (in their opinion) selected tunes..
Funny anyway smile

Yeahh... Seems to be that only Raul from Barcelona's Wah Wah recordshop (he asked about atlantikwall and bunker in the end) knew about the Hague, I-F, cbs etc... )

The kids should drink more RB.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DXkmy3v … re=related[/youtube]

"Are you loving?"

yeah taz knows wassup.

GREETZ!

Scarface wrote:

The kids should drink more RB.

that new type on the top shelf in their fridge looks intresting

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

spacer_woman wrote:

Yeahh... Seems to be that only Raul from Barcelona's Wah Wah recordshop (he asked about atlantikwall and bunker in the end) knew about the Hague, I-F, cbs etc... )

He was totally there for comic relief... lol

I think that some of you here start with a closed mind, when seeing the red bull logo...
obviously not all the audiance was out of the discussion, Ra

One reason why I'd make notes in such lecture is to check for more information later on the internetz. So maybe that's what the people were doing which shows that they were interested. Granted not all of them seemed that enthusiastic about the music but then why should everybody be. A few of them that were it's worth doing and educating them about it. I still think it was great that I-F went there and talked about these things, some of these people will be producers and releasing music in the future...

Comments like

Really make me see red and shows just how close minded some of the people on this forum are. You underestimate people... Yeah that Roberto Auser guy was in the academy last year I think. And Legowelt was also there one time...

and some of you guys don't want to hear that I-f was probably talking about YOU when he mentioned that people were not able to handle the diversity of cbs radio. those "douchebags" probably heard Back To Heaven for a first time and even a very knowledgeable person like Benjy B wrote somewhere on the rbma site about 5 tracks that he discovered during his stay in Barcelone: "I-f

interesting lectures by Herr Robot, who was just as he use to be ( such as singing during his favorite tracks like Back to Heaven).  apathic interviewer btw, who was not very friendly (as far i can see, but i can be wrong).