Re: The word of the day

Rindfleischetikettierungs

Re: The word of the day

yikes

Re: The word of the day

lol the land of poets and thinkers - Amtsstubendeutsch

Ey Freund Blase, es gibt süßen Brei!

Re: The word of the day

Oh shit handle

The handle in most passenger vehicles and trucks that is located in the interior of the vehicle above the door. Used in extreme driving situations where passengers do not wish to be thrown about the interior of the vehicle. Situations that warrant the usage of the "oh shit handle" include hard braking, abrupt cornering, skidding, careening off bridge. It is usually considered polite for driver to warn passengers before they feel obligated to use the "oh shit handle"

Re: The word of the day

Dipshithostingprovider

Re: The word of the day

""

Last edited by fantomas (2009-05-02 22:32:03)

Re: The word of the day

lentokonesuihkuturbiinimoottoriapumekaanikkoaliupseerioppilas

i wont count, to round it up it means a learning mechanic engineer in jet motors. Please correct me if i am wrong smile

108

Re: The word of the day

is that a finish word above?
it reminds me of finnegans wake by james joyce

keep hackney crap

Re: The word of the day

byron wrote:

is that a finish word above?
it reminds me of finnegans wake by james joyce

yeah sorry i didn't mention, its finnish

Re: The word of the day

So Finnish has longer words than ze Germans?

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

111

Re: The word of the day

finnish is a strange beast, i was reading about it online and found the word below

hyppyytell

keep hackney crap

Re: The word of the day

Damn. Maybe they have a word for every imaginable circumstance? Very thorough of them.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

Re: The word of the day

Communicator wrote:

Damn. Maybe they have a word for every imaginable circumstance? Very thorough of them.

its alot that you can bend words for a long extent and put them together to form one word, this is how i understand it anyway, i suck at finnish grammar, but speak the language smile

i found this with longer words:
http://hiki.pedia.ws/wiki/Hikikirjasto: … %A4t_sanat

i dont have the slightest clue what this could mean and if it acctually means anything or just a lot of words put together: Savonsuomalais-ruotsalaisvaramekaanikkokeng

Last edited by huxflux (2009-05-03 17:25:08)

Re: The word of the day

byron wrote:

hyppyytell

Re: The word of the day

[b]analog-K

Ey Freund Blase, es gibt süßen Brei!

116

Re: The word of the day

Louche - Of questionable taste or morality; disreputable or indecent; dubious; shady.

San hangs out on a bulletin board with a louche bunch of robots.

Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously.

Re: The word of the day

louche ? well another french word used in english then... is it really commonly used ? I'd rather use it than "fishy" then

118

Re: The word of the day

lexicographers estimate that 60% of english vocab comes from french and the other 40% is mainly german

*typo

Last edited by byron (2009-07-15 11:37:38)

keep hackney crap

119

Re: The word of the day

'dithyrambic' means 'wildly enthusiastic' amongst other less useful meanings.

Also in cricket, I like it when they refer to the wicket keeper as the 'glovesman'.

Last edited by Fizz (2009-07-28 11:44:06)

120

Re: The word of the day

Fantasmagorical -  It's a mixture of the words, 'fantastic', 'amazing' and 'magical' all in one juicy little package.
It's important not to overuse the word. It's reserved for when ordinary, boring words just won't cut it.

Re: The word of the day

sloth-cloth

An old tee-shirt you wear while hanging around the house.

Re: The word of the day

ronin wrote:

Fantasmagorical -  It's a mixture of the words, 'fantastic', 'amazing' and 'magical' all in one juicy little package.
It's important not to overuse the word. It's reserved for when ordinary, boring words just won't cut it.

actually a phantasmagoria is defined as a constantly changing medley of real or imagined images (as in a dream), similar to an iconoclasm.

123

Re: The word of the day

wow, a real word. there was me thinking it was slang wink

Last edited by ronin (2009-08-13 15:09:05)

Re: The word of the day

gummibeine

dreckige nutte

Last edited by Zubeldia (2009-08-22 16:17:23)

125

Re: The word of the day

Dutch-elitist

Posts [ 101 to 125 of 196 ]

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

You must login or register to post a reply