Topic: Vedette Records

I'm trying to find more info about a few releases on Vedette Records (sound clips anyone?).... They release several 12"'s in the late 70's, some under the Phase 9 label, but I've been having trouble finding much info on a few of them.  The two done by Joe "Nate" Palele Orchesta, B.S.B. Micresound, Mixage, etc...  Most people probably know some of the Azoto tracks or own the Disco Fizz LP and that's also about the extent of my knowledge...I believe that Slang's "pinchroller" was recently re-released as an edit, but what about the albumn?  Any thoughts? hmm

"We'll burn off our last round against the cops, and if they don't care to come, we'll certainly know how to find them."

Re: Vedette Records

the slang album isn't a winner

Vlam Aan

I like Pinchroller....no other good tracks there?  I'm trying to find the whole version of BSB Micresound's "Shining Down"  in particular.  I had a mix where the track was supposedly on it, and wanted to to see if it was the right track before I looked into getting one.

"We'll burn off our last round against the cops, and if they don't care to come, we'll certainly know how to find them."

Walsh wrote:

I like Pinchroller....no other good tracks there?  I'm trying to find the whole version of BSB Micresound's "Shining Down"  in particular.  I had a mix where the track was supposedly on it, and wanted to to see if it was the right track before I looked into getting one.

if i remember good another good track is on there.
will have another listin tonight
pinchroller rocks indeed

Vlam Aan

Mixage is very nice as well. Italo disco in the old school style... it's been played on CBS i think

I'd love to hear it....if anyone has links to mixes and the like I'm all ears!

there isn't much to be found on the net about mixage.
"yes she'll come to me" is great.
wish i owned it.
the other 2 azoto albums are nice too

Vlam Aan

Never heard that first Azoto LP aside from "Havah Nagilah" which I don't love.  Disco Fizz is a classic!  Yeah, I'm having even less luck finding info on the other two "artists" I mentioned.  A friend claimed to own the BSB Micresound 12" but then he "couldn't find it".  I think he's on crack.   

But man I wanna know!

9 (edited by raoul 2008-11-11 10:24:24)

kuczera wrote:

there isn't much to be found on the net about mixage.
"yes she'll come to me" is great.
wish i owned it.
the other 2 azoto albums are nice too

would love to have those albums...

You see Disco Fizz occasionally in stores here in Chicago...but it's usually $40 or so.  I don't see the 12's from the album though.