Re: another expensive record

hysteric wrote:
kuczera wrote:
JamesTRubotnik wrote:

because... italoheaven wants 450 euro for it

lol.. italoheaven is holding a sell out
5 euro off every record
so now i have to pay only 2000 euri to get those rareties big_smile

Some of his prices are almost "ok" now, if you compare with what they sold for not long ago.
I guess his lemonade stand finally went bust.

I even just bought a record from him (2nd time b.t.w.) The Managers - One Race (Discomagic) for 50euri. Relatively cheap compared to other sellers.

"Are you loving?"

he is downing his prices atm ...
checking that it makes no sense to hold all records in his stock by wanting too much ...

i hate soccer

ITALOMASTER wrote:

This is simply ridiculous ...

indeed indeed ...

especially when you are listening to the song ...

definitely NO >2000 USD tune imo ...

i hate soccer

dolcevita wrote:
ITALOMASTER wrote:

indeed indeed ...

I love the track, but someone's off their rocker - never sold for that much in the past.  Unless... I bet whoever bought that is the person (or people) who are pressing up the bootlegs.  Wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of Moskow - Come Back look-alike 12"s start showing up before long...  Probably started a bidding war just to get the price up and have people notice before bootlegs go out.

waxHead wrote:
dolcevita wrote:
ITALOMASTER wrote:

indeed indeed ...

I love the track, but someone's off their rocker - never sold for that much in the past.  Unless... I bet whoever bought that is the person (or people) who are pressing up the bootlegs.  Wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of Moskow - Come Back look-alike 12"s start showing up before long...  Probably started a bidding war just to get the price up and have people notice before bootlegs go out.

it's a relatively cheap way to get some attention:
put up an auction;
start a bidding war between you and yourself up to some ridiculous price;
pay the ebay fee;
leave positive feedback;
watch italocollectors drool and empty their pockets for the second rate counterfeit you sell of the supposedly in high demand rarity;

raoul wrote:
waxHead wrote:
dolcevita wrote:

indeed indeed ...

it's a relatively cheap way to get some attention:
put up an auction;
start a bidding war between you and yourself up to some ridiculous price;
pay the ebay fee;
leave positive feedback;
watch italocollectors drool and empty their pockets for the second rate counterfeit you sell of the supposedly in high demand rarity;

Exactly! wink  Imagine how much they'll get for those first 10 or 20 Moskow 12"s that get put out there... watch out if you start seeing these on eBay in the next few months!

yes, some true words. but in this case the buyer is real, its a crazy collector from turkey...
sad)

een plaat is zoveel waard als wat een idioot er wil voor geven

Italoheaven is a weird guy, This summer I bought a superb copy of Helicon - You...See from him for 40 euri, not a bad price, he`s a bit like that Guliano-guy on discogs: sometimes reasonable, sometimes absolutely coconuts.

"A Real Music Hater"

Would someone explain this to me please:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi … 0304291041
it's a $5 (maximum) record, no??

hysteric wrote:

no
pale blue labels are kinda rare on this, even with the normal pressing
but this is the au pressing in which they were all like that(but it has Dancing as the b-side)unlike all other issues.
i'm sure they know why they went that high,:) i always thought Electricity with the black Factory cover is the one
that worth big $$. intresting.
check out there's a Durutti Column 7" on local pressing (factory/gap/emi)that goes for really stupid money as well!

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

e,r wrote:
hysteric wrote:

no
pale blue labels are kinda rare on this, even with the normal pressing
but this is the au pressing in which they were all like that(but it has Dancing as the b-side)unlike all other issues.
i'm sure they know why they went that high,:) i always thought Electricity with the black Factory cover is the one
that worth big $$. intresting.
check out there's a Durutti Column 7" on local pressing (factory/gap/emi)that goes for really stupid money as well!

Thanks, I'll watch out for them wink I'll bet I already flicked past these a few times while looking for something more exotic.

now its getting really sassy!
http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?releas … &ev=rb
wtf!?

.."this world`s a bubble"..

http://cgi.ebay.de/Transparent-Illusion … 240%3A1318

but well, still cheap compared to the money they ask on discogs for it...

Queen Of Blood wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Transparent-Illusion … 240%3A1318

but well, still cheap compared to the money they ask on discogs for it...

sillybilly?

Europa has burned, and will burn again

Transparent Illusion Vortex 7": pff, I can`t believe that they all sell the 7" in NM (since years!)   there is something wrong with it.

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

@ EliasRafael
silly what?

@ captain duran
i guess collectors are afraid to play it that's why all copies are nm!

Queen Of Blood wrote:

i guess collectors are afraid to play it that's why all copies are nm!

no. I never saw a NM copy of the rare LP (minimum the cover has most a little ringwear), I know only a few ppl who own the original. And the single is every half year on ebay in a perfect condition, also on discogs now. How can it be? Okay, the LP was a flop at the time it came out. May the 7" never left the pocket then. But the few copies of the LP that floating around are mostly used. Except with the last clou by a friend of mine, who found it in HH for 60

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

@ captain duran
"Except with the last clou by a friend of mine, who found it in HH for 60

144 (edited by captain duran 2009-04-02 09:17:42)

@ Queen of Blood

the bootleg 7" is not listed at dg`s so far. (???)

btw. I had the first promo 12" from `Planet Earth`for the US (ultra cool col. cover) in my hand yesterday. Top condition, my heart was jumping a few seconds. but then I saw the price. 60

discogs sales 

I was a bit interested in the Razormaid Class X One to Seven, seem like nice compilations of tracks you could perhaps play out in some DJ set.
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Class-X- … ase/320371 and so on

...until I saw the price:
Discogs seller goodyear is selling all seven of them...at

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

@ captain duran
"the bootleg 7" is not listed at dg`s so far. (???)"
-> probably the concept is too busy with watching big titted girls wiping his cds clean! wink

"Top condition, my heart was jumping a few seconds."
-> ha, ha... still? after all those years of collecting? that's sehr gut!
but yeah, 60 euro is a lot.

@ Galliano
but why are those so expensive? most of the tracks on them are not that special, or?

Another Discogs seller (called magnificent, new seller) hoping for big bucks for ordinary records:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?seller … ice%2Cdesc

Lots of plain New Wave, $100 and above, wtf? smile

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

Queen Of Blood wrote:

@ Galliano
but why are those so expensive? most of the tracks on them are not that special, or?

I have no idea. Guess the releases themselfs are quite rare maybe.
And perhaps some people think like me and would find it convenient to have the tracks on a few records instead of collecting all the originals - creating a demand which push the price up?

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
All of my base,
Are belong to you.

Queen Of Blood wrote:

@ captain duran
"the bootleg 7" is not listed at dg`s so far. (???)"
-> probably the concept is too busy with watching big titted girls wiping his cds clean! wink

hm, well, I actually prefer small tits, however there's some dust on the CD shelf, that's true...

the bootleg 7" is really a strange thing. I wouldn't dare to submit it, as I cannot confirm the story behind it. Apparently someone claimed he met the guy from TI at the beginning of the 90ties or so and these are alternative or demo versions of the later released tracks. And then made a private pressing of 5 copies.

Very dubious, but also rare and nice tracks, but just different, not better. If it would be released now I assume you'd call it edits.

Europa has burned, and will burn again

hehe, edits of TI tracks, there is no need to...  thanks for the info Elias. I heard also something about these private pressing, but according to Queen I thought it could be another boot, w

discogs sales