Re: Loud-E - dis moi pomme

somebody on here is so full of it that their back teeth are brown

keep hackney crap

tough isn't it when people have the nerve to disagree with you.

Monkey see, monkey do.

jonny five wrote:
bias wrote:

how is this honouring artists, by releasing their tracks illegaly under your name?

how is honouring artists buying shitty sounding mp3s from russian sites? you're no  better than him. loud-e is a professional dj and he's got to earn a living - don't see the problem since his edits are so good. his edit of au paradis is way better than the original imo.

classic strawman argument.. when everything else fails

http://members.aol.com/plittle/StrawmanPoster.jpg

Monkey see, monkey do.

29 (edited by Poodle 2008-07-14 11:55:14)

edits are horrible can't understand how anyone can think it's not. it's like putting new paint over already finished painting. please just stop doing it. it's not about money and fucking intellectual rights to me i don't give a fuck about that. i care about the integrity of the piece of music itself. a piece of art is bigger that the artist himself and should not be fucked with. a piece of art belongs to human race and the passing of history as a whole and deserves our respect.

i don't care if even bj

Poodle wrote:

i care about the integrity of the piece of music itself. a piece of art is bigger that the artist himself and should not be fucked with...

what if a certain piece of music has some good parts and a less good/bad part? that's a personal matter, i know.. but given this fact...  why is it so terrible to create sth new with that good part and leave out the bad part? 
I agree that there's a lot of junk between all these (disco) edits, but you can't speak in general terms imo
some edits are just better than the original..
Loud-e is doing a good job

If a dj mixes a record, it's also a form of editing.

Listen to SEER Radio every Sunday at 21.00 hrs on The Dream Machine, previous SEER Radio shows

bias wrote:

it's easier to play edit.

that's why they've been around in dance music since the beginning of disco. it shouldn't be a surprise that they're still popular.

Not particularly involved in the discussion but I find petty have secret records, are we in the age of alchemists?
Always happy to share if I know something other people don't know. Not just about music.

(well, I guess this is what knowledge is all about no?)

plus guys, you are not creating atomic bombs, they're just edits...

Poodle wrote:

edits are horrible can't understand how anyone can think it's not. it's like putting new paint over already finished painting. please just stop doing it. it's not about money and fucking intellectual rights to me i don't give a fuck about that. i care about the integrity of the piece of music itself. a piece of art is bigger that the artist himself and should not be fucked with. a piece of art belongs to human race and the passing of history as a whole and deserves our respect.

i don't care if even bj

I'm a Loud-E fan, it think he's the BEST right now, but always the original track is the main thing, an edit is just an edit.
And although he doesn't let his tracklists, if you are interested there's always who knows this song also (thanks Jonny, your mixes are so fine too), so Loud-E is human after all wink

I love America!

hey cool, an edit debate! big_smile

i'm fine with releasing an edit if the original artist approves, or the original label, or whoever has the rights...

i always thought it would be a good idea for some modern producers to let loud-e edit their tracks - not like it hasn't been done before (walter gibbons, ron hardy, larry levan, etc.)

Basic Aly wrote:

I asked a friend the other day to make a mix with some of his favourite 'secret bombs' including a tracklisting and he told me to fuq off. big_smile

LOL that's hilarious! some friend...

Rard should register here. We need to exchange 'depot vent' addresses pronto! France is loaded!

ppl may think i act like a pig, but in the end i look cute !

MrFriction wrote:

Rard should register here. We need to exchange 'depot vent' addresses pronto! France is loaded!

france is record heaven

if i wasn't poor i would go every week

Vlam Aan

kuczera wrote:
MrFriction wrote:

france is record heaven

I had too ship 50% of what i found back home with my sister because i have no place for all on my way back. And got one weekend of 'rommelmarkten' to go wink

And I almost have done every depotvent in a 1 hour reach from where i am now for holidays. I still wonder if there are local discotheques here which still have their vinyl. I haven't checked those yet. And know some had huge collections. I onced spinned here like 8 years ago.

Anyway i'm off topic right now and don't want to spill all the beans wink

kuczera wrote:
MrFriction wrote:

france is record heaven

what particular part of france are u talking about ?

yeah, good question !

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

noctambulo wrote:
kuczera wrote:
MrFriction wrote:

france is record heaven

ask loud e

don't know, but that's what he says to me everytime

Vlam Aan

i like the fact he steals everything and makes something kind of new with it that's the hip hop attitude.

go loud-e get busy it's your birthday, saaaaaayyyyy  hoooo

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

Poodle wrote:

i don't care if even bj

noctambulo wrote:
kuczera wrote:
MrFriction wrote:

france is record heaven

Every place in France. I 'did' normandy. But it's hard work. And if you want unknown stuff you have to guess. So that's 1 hit and 20 misses. Anyway i respect him very much for the obscure wave/electronics he finds, not the normal (space) disco. Most of that i have found myself.

That robotwerker edit he did is still off the hook.

And i must get that 'oh it's paradise'. Must get!

48 (edited by MrFriction 2008-08-11 08:25:20)

raoul wrote:
Poodle wrote:

i don't care if even bj

MrFriction wrote:
raoul wrote:
Poodle wrote:

i don't care if even bj

raoul wrote:
MrFriction wrote:
raoul wrote:

?

Poodle doesn't know that edits are a big part of the legal production process. Always have been and always will be. Motown always made extra cuts. Just to experiment with shorter versions for radio.

Millions of records wouldn't be any good if nobody made and 'edit' or 'remix' out of it. Hell disco or italo wouldn't be nothing if Tom Moulton didn't started stretching the breaks and cutting out the 'pop' side of a record. Read Mel Cheren's book. He describes it the best of all dj culture books.

Anyway Poodle supposible wouldn't 'understand' 'readymade' art in the first place. So maybe we shouldn't mind what he is saying wink

that's allmost exactly what i wanted to say, but was too lazy typing it, thank you smile
the concept of art is partly based upon reinterpretations of work that has been done before. whether you look at music, theatre, painting, literature.. you name it

Yep. And sometimes artist 'communicated' that way with each other without knowing them personally. Very cool. As UR did with their codebreaker record with morse code on it.

But movies are the best to show your point. Some cineasts made several layers where the deepest layer was a griek or roman story which showed how universal and timeless those stories were.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → Addicts → Loud-E - dis moi pomme

Currently used extensions: pun_approval, pun_admin_add_user. Copyright © 2009 PunBB