Re: Record Fair Utrecht

@ kuczera
"ooooohh noooo   <- desperate shout out"
-> i kick your desperate ass!

77 (edited by Scarface 2009-04-09 22:52:21)

@Rude
See your hairy face in Utrecht then! wink

@Kuczera
''"ooooohh noooo   <- desperate shout out"
Marcoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

@Queen
"that thing is gemeengevaarlijk (does that word exist in dutch?)"
Maybe you mean "levensgevaarlijk" (lebensgef

"Are you loving?"

utrecht fair next weekend...
i'll be there (with poker stentec and probably my portable record player), see you on the saturday lunchbreak?

(records make your hair grow)

raoul wrote:

ah, so that's my problem: wondered if it was my shampoo that did it wink

pokers stentec is a lucky bastard (or just a good player) to bad I just bought his vocoder so I won't make it to Utrecht (I'll be making stupid robot voices on my attic all weekend)

80 (edited by raoul 2009-04-15 10:19:44)

baz wrote:
raoul wrote:

ah, so that's my problem: wondered if it was my shampoo that did it wink

pokers stentec is a lucky bastard (or just a good player) to bad I just bought his vocoder so I won't make it to Utrecht (I'll be making stupid robot voices on my attic all weekend)

you do that, and send us the result! smile

about stentec, i'm starting to think he is a good player...

@ Scarface
"Maybe you mean "levensgevaarlijk" (lebensgef

I'll be there too .. jeuj

Sogar die gr

The fix-it man did it! He revived my portable recordplayer and even built-in a fuseholder with fuse in case the powersuplly goes shortcircuit again so no hot batteries this time in case it happens again. smile

I'll have a look for you around 13.00u. in the back of the hall (with the beer etc.) Looking forward meeting you!

"Are you loving?"

@ Endfest
"I'll be there too .. jeuj"
-> shall i bring your wantlist? wink

@ Scarface
"The fix-it man did it!"
-> great news... you have to show me the result!

"Looking forward meeting you!"
-> and you! smile

Queen Of Blood wrote:

@ Endfest
"I'll be there too .. jeuj"
-> shall i bring your wantlist? wink

I made an update, including pictures of the sleeves wink

Sogar die gr

@ Endfest
"I made an update, including pictures of the sleeves wink"
-> ha, ha, ha... really? cool! big_smile

Queen Of Blood wrote:

@ Endfest
"I made an update, including pictures of the sleeves wink"
-> ha, ha, ha... really? cool! big_smile

heuh? so you'll recognise the covers labels? that should come in handy. I know i missed some records in the past not knowing what they looked like...

88 (edited by Endfest 2009-04-16 11:38:30)

raoul wrote:

heuh? so you'll recognise the covers labels? that should come in handy. I know i missed some records in the past not knowing what they looked like...

Tip from Queen! I had the same experience also Raoul, so now I'm not only printing titels and stuff in my head, but also the looks. Could be handy, at least with some of those cheesy, cheap ass lookin' Italo sleeves wink

Sogar die gr

Endfest wrote:
raoul wrote:

Tip from Queen! I had the same experience also Raoul, so now I'm not only printing titels and stuff in my head, but also the looks. Could be handy, at least with some of those cheesy, cheap ass lookin' Italo sleeves wink

ah, in you head yes, i have a memory for sleeves, also makes browsing faster.
i know to automatically skip these, won't even remember i saw them:
http://www.vinyltap.co.uk/gallery/me/meatlbooh6134931379258990.jpg
http://fotos.marktplaats.com/kopen/0/10/YWCQc6jhkLFzyTgYui/hDg==.jpg

this however, i will see from 2km distance:
http://fmgroovy.blog.bg/photos/4670/Nico-Gomez-And-His-Afro-Percussion-Inc.---Ritual.jpeg

@ raoul
i always have problems to remember artist names and titles as i'm more a visual type...
so i thought i will try it like this... and it worked pretty good last time!

i even got a nice 7" for free because of that.
found two 7" at a minimal synth stand and the seller was pretty surprised about one of those 7" i grabbed: what? you know this?
and i said: yes, of course. and showed him my wantlist. and he was like: wow! you know what? i will give it to you for free!
because you are the second one that was ever asking me for that record and you seem to be very happy about your find.

91 (edited by Scarface 2009-04-16 19:26:53)

Bringing a searchlist to the fair has always been bad luck for me cause then, one way or the other, I don't find the records that are on that. I found other nice records though. A list narrows your search too much also I think. It's handy maybe when you suddenly don't know what to search for anymore like: what am I doing here anyway? smile

"Are you loving?"

a search list is handy, much easier for me is to have my collection in excel format from discogs in my phone.. then at least i can check if i already have something or not..

@ Scarface
"A list narrows your search too much also I think."
-> ah, not really... it's not like i only look for the stuff that i is on my list.
also i don't have a portable h

real record collectors have lists in their heads

yes

96 (edited by Scarface 2009-04-17 04:26:41)

+1

@Queen
"portable h

"Are you loving?"

@ bias
"real record collectors have lists in their heads"
-> you are mal wieder right. but i'm not a real record collector, so...

@ Scarface
"My portable from hell!"
-> ha, ha... genau!

"Finding something that looks interesting and also sounds good when listening on your portable can also be very nice."
-> actually i think this is the nicest and the ultimate way... like this you discover much more good old records that are new to you!

@bias and the queen: that may be so, but in my head there's no room anymore for 3000+ titles in about 20 different genres.. especially not with different pressings and labels. last time on the fair i bought a mini album by the Sound, i didnt recognize the sleeve, but it turned out to be some foreign pressing of a record i had already.

ja ja, joke about my search list..:D its more a guideline, because even there i forget what i'm looking for sometimes..

@ rude66
"...because even there i forget what i'm looking for sometimes.."
-> ja, ja... and sometimes you even forget what you forget, right? big_smile i know how that goes...

100 (edited by Endfest 2009-04-17 13:22:21)

bias wrote:

real record collectors have lists in their heads

Hm, kind of funny .. that the way you store your list, makes you a real (whatever that may be) or non-real record collector? Think you forget an aspect called knowledge .. anyway, lookin' forward to tomorrow!

Sogar die gr