Topic: the drexciyan connection

http://www.kontra-musik.com/index.php?id=149

anyone else noticed this? not to fond of the idea, drexciya died with mr. stinson.

Re: the drexciyan connection

Isn't it only for playing live. I wouldn't mind seeing  them performing some Drexciya on a loud system.

depends on what 'live' consists of...

"as a full night "Drexciya connection" package" hehe

Well we can only hope this will turn good.

Great news!

NEON LIGHT RULE THE NIGHT

www.myspace.com/sonnycrockett78

hmm kontra musik...

i bet it jusrt means you book doppleeffekt and dj stingray for the same night, i doubt they would actually play as drexciya.

yeah, just two dj's who have "somthing to do" with drexciya, pritty lame if you ask me

having both those guys at a party would be pretty cool, but yeah, just book shergard and gerald, and let them do their thing. gerald is a bit more than just a dj no?
but yeah it is pretty weak marketing ploy or something. or seems like it anyway

Hmmm Drexciya... My thougts goes to Stinson! Feels like a pure money thing...

nhmm i'm sure their heart is in the right place, just seems a little off putting to me. i personally think both those guys can more than support themselves without mentioning their drexciyan heritage, so kontra only mention just for hope of more money, i doubt that wouyld make them rich. but still.

12 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2008-12-03 13:14:46)

Youth wrote:

They are not gonna make a lot of money with it, maybe a fee that is still way below what all those asshole douchebag DJ's get

edit **

Kontra musik who called Dopplereffekt something along the lines of "genre defining electroclash". Ngaplz.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

14 (edited by black shape 2008-12-03 13:39:46)

apart from luke hess (who still had a detroit connection i suppose) this swedish company only do bookings for dopplereffekt stuff as far as i can see on their site. they must be big fans, but if they wanted to make a lot of money surely a bit of diversification would help. It's never great seeing labels just hedging their bets like this either
or maybe there's just not so many risk takers around.
good luck to them though dopplereffekt still rock

BMX i was writing this while you posted. sums it up really.  they don't even know who invented electroclash tongue

Squadra Smackos wrote:
Youth wrote:

They are not gonna make a lot of money with it, maybe a fee that is still way below what all those asshole douchebag DJ's get

edit **

so true

did bmx use the e word again?

black shape wrote:

apart from luke hess (who still had a detroit connection i suppose) this swedish company only do bookings for dopplereffekt stuff as far as i can see on their site. they must be big fans, but if they wanted to make a lot of money surely a bit of diversification would help. It's never great seeing labels just hedging their bets like this either
or maybe there's just not so many risk takers around.
good luck to them though dopplereffekt still rock

that sums it up pretty good. they're just trying to sell a dopplereffekt & dj stingray show... with drexciya's discography there but with no promise that they will actually play any of it. well done.
Ulf med det vilseledande esset i skjort

come on , they say it's not drexciya it' s the drexciyan connection
meaning not actually drexciya but something relevant to it , which is true !
why not then ??

ancestors from another galaxy

i've heard dj stingray and gerald referred to as "drexciyan" in the past. they both did collaborate to drexciya's sound, so i think it's fair. i just don't know anything about whatever the fuck kontra is.

They play on Bang The Face weekender http://www.bangfaceweekender.com/
Looking forward to it. First time I go to one of the 'English holiday park festival'.
Once went to the 10 years Castelmorten rave festival. Crazy English party peeps smile