101 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-18 08:21:36)

Re: What are you robots eating?

Started baking my own bread last night - am never going back! Will keep robots posted on decent combinations - any suggestions?

Funny guy! ^

104 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-18 08:21:47)

Central Services wrote:
rimini wrote:

Started baking my own bread last night - am never going back! Will keep robots posted on decent combinations - any suggestions?

wheat with sunflower seeds is good:)

in fact, all sorts of seeds and nuts will do wonders to your bread... well maybe not hemp seeds. advanced trick: roast them slightly in a metal pan before putting them in the mixture.

106 (edited by mono-poly 2008-09-19 17:13:45)

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/1493/sta74034zt2.jpg

tongue

i don't need the gear, the gear needs me 
http://www.mono-poly.nl/

http://hommingberger.auctionant.de/wurstbrot-wikipedia.jpg

108 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-18 08:21:59)

went out on a limb with my g/f and bought fresh norwegian salmon filet and put it in the oven. tasted like heaven.

man, just cooked up & demolished an super nice, all-in-one fish stew

1 onion , 2 crushed garlic cloves, corriander seeds, thyme, oregano, chilli flakes...fry together for 5min

then add load of tomatoes(either fresh or tinned..watever), juice of an orange, half a bottle of white wine, pinch of saffron & bay leaf

add diced potatoes...cook till soft...then add your skinned boned fish pieces(you can use almost anything, i used Sea Bream)..finish with chopped parsley..serve with loads of nice crusty bread

great recipe btw.. well tasty..i would take a pic, but i just eated it all smile

Let's get Dumb

For Starters this morning, Multi fruit and flakes, followed by fruit and oat and almond health bars.
Tuna Ni

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

Just looks wrong..

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

I just finished a sushi bounty!

2 x crab stick
2 x red pepper thing
1 x beef teryaki
1 x hoisin duck
1 x seared pork
1 x ehh something else, not sure but it was all delicious sushi

smile

greasy pineapple slice pizza

fishfingers!!! Hooray!

116 (edited by captain duran 2008-10-01 23:56:44)

computerdisco wrote:

Just looks wrong..

no, it looks just simple, imagine the bread has a real crust - like we have usualy in Germany (not like the flabby bread everywhere else in europe - not talking about french white bread/baguettes!) - it can be tasty! smile

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

meschi wrote:

I just finished a sushi bounty!

2 x crab stick
2 x red pepper thing
1 x beef teryaki
1 x hoisin duck
1 x seared pork
1 x ehh something else, not sure but it was all delicious sushi

smile

I had miso and agedashi tofu yesterday. God I love Japanese. Miso soup is the best hang over cure.

Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously.

118 (edited by Poodle 2008-10-02 09:20:33)

i'm having some ciabattas that i baked yestarday which i then spread the insides of with pesto and fill with mozzarella, sliced tomatos and fresh basil and then back in the owen again for a few minutes with some olive oil on top with garlic, salt and pepper.

this was leftovers since last night, when we also had a nice Torricella 2006..
melted goat cheese with honey, figs and lovely fresh dates was for dessert.

San wrote:

I had miso and agedashi tofu yesterday. God I love Japanese. Miso soup is the best hang over cure.

ive never tried miso soup. is it cold?

Luxury sandwich time.. fusion cooking stylee.

Two toasted slices of bread, one spread with wasabi-mayonaise-mixture, one with a thin layer of oyster sauce, on it some superthin slices of cucumber, smoked salmon, sesame seeds and rucola.

It's like a sushi sandwich. I like!

that sounds amazing man. when I want a luxury sandwich I pip for

Two slices of toast, fresh lettuce, tomato and cucumber, mature cheddar, warm gammon and spread with piri piri sauce. plenty of pepper. I want one now actually, I wish I hadnt thought of that.

meschi wrote:
San wrote:

ive never tried miso soup. is it cold?

Nope it's hot. It's made with dashi (kind of like a fish stock), miso paste (fermented soybean paste), tofu, bits of seaweed & spring onion. It's salty and it's good big_smile

Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously.

123 (edited by DumbBot 2008-10-02 13:52:48)

^^i absolutely agree, and just cuz you said that & i have hangover...it remind me of this recipe,

Gordon Ramsay - Soba Noodle Soup

totally delicious(make sure and use nice stock tho)...and i'm gonna make this 2nite, cuz im still feeling abit wonky

Let's get Dumb

DumbBot wrote:

man, just cooked up & demolished an super nice, all-in-one fish stew

1 onion , 2 crushed garlic cloves, corriander seeds, thyme, oregano, chilli flakes...fry together for 5min

then add load of tomatoes(either fresh or tinned..watever), juice of an orange, half a bottle of white wine, pinch of saffron & bay leaf

add diced potatoes...cook till soft...then add your skinned boned fish pieces(you can use almost anything, i used Sea Bream)..finish with chopped parsley..serve with loads of nice crusty bread

great recipe btw.. well tasty..i would take a pic, but i just eated it all smile

man, that sounds too tasty...i miss the fish stew my mum occasionally makes sad

missing sushi too these days; there's a wicked atari-ya takeway near my old university residence, between wigmore st. & the hell of oxford st. ... that place was the bomb, rolled & chopped under your nose, & so fresh. used to go a bit mental with the quantities, i admit i struggle to go for sushi without eating tons of it big_smile

tonight i'm gonna make me a courgette frittata, get plenty of rocket through it & a wee bit of fresh parmesan, curly lettuce, green pepper & beef tomato salad to accompany.

Tottieheid wrote:

man, that sounds too tasty...i miss the fish stew my mum occasionally makes sad

missing sushi too these days; there's a wicked atari-ya takeway near my old university residence, between wigmore st. & the hell of oxford st. ... that place was the bomb, rolled & chopped under your nose, & so fresh. used to go a bit mental with the quantities, i admit i struggle to go for sushi without eating tons of it big_smile

tonight i'm gonna make me a courgette frittata, get plenty of rocket through it & a wee bit of fresh parmesan, curly lettuce, green pepper & beef tomato salad to accompany.

yikes

I cant wait til your back in january, staying with me and cooking me shit like this in exchange for a couch for the week smile