Topic: jury duty

got the summons this morning calling for my attendance at a court of law. call me a bad citizen but i really don't want to do it for various reasons.
anyone knows some good excuses?

Re: jury duty

in my country you cannot escape ..unless severe illness or psychological problems
fine is 3750 euros if you fail to show up. people are "randomly picked" amongst the voting list

look at what the law says in your country..maybe there are legitimate reasons to refuse or valid excuses.

just give a real biased answer when they interview you.. (assuming they do talk to you before they throw you out there..) i'm pretty sure if you tell them that in your book all people who are black, arab, mexican or asian, or who look like they're gay, junkies, hiphoppers, gang members, punks, union members, christians, bankers or anything else are guilty by default, you'll never get another jury duty call again..
although in certain US states you'll probably get more summons than before.. big_smile

You should go and be the first of 12 Angry Men. That would be cool.

there are valid exemptions like students, cops, head principals and legal aficionados. i fall clear of all categories unfortunately. i was thinking i could tell them i'm on heavy medication for a psychological illness that would effect my judgment. this would probably require evidential backing in the form of a doctors note though.

another one could be to have a letter written by someone else claiming that i'm working abroad at present and won't be able to attend. i can't imagine they pursue these things in dept. the fine is in the 200-500 euro region.

cant you get religion into it, nobody can prove nothing.

Showing the way for the modern man to become a Model Man.

passive anarchist

Whats the fuzz? It's guilty or not guilty.
Life is a soap, just show up and enjoy the ride smile

Strictly Rockaas

well from what i've heard it usually just turns out to be a complete waste of time. only a fraction of those called in actually get involved. i can think of better ways to waste time wink

racism is the key...use it early, use it often

just say you're too drunk to attend

say you know the accused, that way you can't be neutral

Dancin' for freaks and fame!