Re: End of Clone label

I'd be rich if it wasn't for clone..  thanks for the records guys

wtf is going on... does not compute.

Clone did so much for music, and it became an institution. they certainly opened my eyes to some really nice stuff out there. if they got bored, i can understand, but even so it's still a shame.

It is the Clone label, not the distribution.
I don't see any negative message in closing the label and start something new....
If the guys feel bored by the label how it just now runs today it is more than good to go for a new goal.
Frantic Flowers and Frustrated Funk are run by Klen and they are no direct sublabels of Clone, so don't worry about those. they will continue....

A real "semaine noire".... sad
Btw thanks Clone for the great music !

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

yeah don't worry there will be something new, change of names or concept etc. just like with the CBS last year or something.

The shop will also go on

a lot of people think the whole clone thing stops but its business as usual it will remain an institution

its a dutch thing

Sad to see it go, but it's a great way to ride out. Thanks for all the great releases!

Oh, sad news, again. sad
I can't really estimate the consequences, but even if there'll be other labels, the shop continues etc., it's always sad to hear news like that. Clone was a label, a name, a brand we all knew for years. It'll take a long time to build up a new brand comparable with clone. 

yeah don't worry there will be something new, change of names or concept etc. just like with the CBS last year or something.

I hope so!

Thx for the music Clone!

Kraftwerks achso graue Autobahn, Drexciyas achso blaue Aquabahn...
https://soundcloud.com/bender101-1

that's correct. Clone labels don't close at all!

Broken Pots Hunter

Woah..thats a real pity..

Clone has definitely been my favourite label over the last 5/6 years after i discovered it.

Hopefully something even better comes from it....Best of Luck!

one of the greats ......

ancestors from another galaxy

when music is your life you don't stop .......
maybe just pause and continue ...... sooner or later !!
good luck guys.

ancestors from another galaxy

Bender wrote:

Oh, sad news, again. sad
I can't really estimate the consequences, but even if there'll be other labels, the shop continues etc., it's always sad to hear news like that. Clone was a label, a name, a brand we all knew for years. It'll take a long time to build up a new brand comparable with clone.

It still is called Clone so don't be sad

everything is fine - they "clone" themselves and it goes on. wink

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Did/does clone do well financially?

sure.

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

sad news indeed
clone is\was important label for me.
but, it better stop and look for new directions, then keep on the safe and familiar sides, specially if it doesn't thrill them anymore.

looking forward for the new thing

thanks for everything + good luck

so don't wait for Munich Emotion to show up again

'Sing while you may - lullabies for the new dark ages'

So long and thnx for the fish

thanx for all, clone

they ran out of things to copy

not so sad i think. not counting frantic funk, frustrated flowers and classic cuts it's been a while since they released anything interesting imho. best to push reset sometimes.

Thanks and goodbye for this great label.

This is a nice end and I hope that new projects will raise soon.

This is electro darlin' !
Bruce aka Lemmings - http://www.djlemmings.com - http://www.elektrosonik.com

Thanks to Clone for all this years of good work, I really respect their decision. And obviously Clone is one of the best labels out there, but why build something new??...The name is already an institution....Can't the label go any direction they want it to like Dischord, etc?....

burp

Squadra Smackos wrote:

The shop will also go on

a lot of people think the whole clone thing stops but its business as usual it will remain an institution

That's exactly how I think about it too...:)

E-Activity 004 out now: https://clone.nl/item29652.html

E-Activism