Re: End of Clone label

big ups to clone for the effort.

yet im confused on their message, i sense some pride and almost like a bio of the label when the message is of them

leaving. which leaves me scratching my head. almost like they're glad its done.

GREETZ!

Thanks a lot clone! Hope that something new comes up smile

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

SLEEK wrote:

big ups to clone for the effort.

yet im confused on their message, i sense some pride and almost like a bio of the label when the message is of them

leaving. which leaves me scratching my head. almost like they're glad its done.

i think they are. like it was good while it lasted, now time for new ventures.

smile

http://www.clone.nl/item14601.html

i hope this record will see the light soon, final clone??
like it with those gary numann strings and joy division bassline

Vlam Aan

kuczera wrote:

yeah, i saw that + Reggie Strokes - chicago pimp release, no catalogue number

Sending this transmission into the depths of space
I must complete my mission - destroy the human race

http://www.discogs.com/user/logistian

kuczera wrote:

Tyrell with Numan strings and Joy Division bassline? Now i am curious smile

Reality is just a simulation

Did someone read the newsletter? i see they go on with a couple of sublables. Sounds interesting

Reality is just a simulation

To be honest I was expecting something a bit more radical ... It's good that they continue of course and release quality music but I was maybe looking forward to some even wider selection. I mean now it seems like they could've just continued under the Clone moniker. We'll see what the future will bring..

Clone has just cloned .. simple as that no ?

I'm pretty glad with this. Clone releases always felt too generic for my taste and with these sublabels they can focus much better on specific undercurrents. THE west coast sound is a thing from the past.
I'm also glad they sticked with their existing labels, if only for that excellent brand (both name and logo).

someone wanna post the newsletter?
I'm curious now...

Phuture wrote:

someone wanna post the newsletter?
I'm curious now...

yeh all the leet insiders here, copy and paste for once!

--------

Ok... here an update about the future of our label....

Of course we couldn't completely stop releasing music... we just wanted to make some changesfor the reasons
we gave earlier.  So this is what we are going to do...

We'll start a range of series with different styles of music. Music for different locations, with different atmospheres, different functions... and maybe even music for different people with a different taste. The only common factor is that we have to enjoy the music ourself, that we have fun working with the producers and the artists and that we enjoy sharing the music with everyone who is interested.
No further plans for the future... no promotion campaign, no big master plan. We'll just go back to the core. Having freedom to release anything we like and have fun doing that. It will probably be a bit more low profile as before so we don't have to waste to much time on stuff that used to come with the job.  We won't be releasing completely different music as we used to.... its just that the specialized series will give us the opportunity to go deeper into certain styles and it will make it easier to work with new talented producers who are at a different stage in their career and musical development as some of the regular artists on Clone.

(Oh... and we also will do the Clone label nights a little different...  the label nights will have a link to the series... such as the recent Clone Bassment session at the Fabric.. more info on that soon)

anyway... we'll see what the future brings... but this is what's scheduled for the coming period:

The Clone Loft Supreme Series:

(audio will be uploaded in the coming days! Keep an eye on the website!)

Reggie Dokes    Chicago Pimp    Clone Loft Supreme Series 01    12inch

^ that's a lot of clones

Vlam Aan

stopping with one big thing and then coming back with three or four variations, i see a trend emerging.. big_smile

It's the only way - for total domination!!!
wink

Seems good though. Like they're getting better at curating so it's good to have a focus/specialty. Their message through the labels will be clearer to the buyers of the music and hopefully open up more release slot opportunities.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

great plans. congrats

Broken Pots Hunter

damn, i wish all good things in life "stopped" like this

Naming the label Clone back in the '90s was veery clever smile

so when the records are out ???
i want all sublabels !!! (ofcourse)

ancestors from another galaxy

Subscribe to their email newsletter homie! That way you get all the release notices first!

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

Steve Summers is the "man"!

Communicator wrote:

Subscribe to their email newsletter homie! That way you get all the release notices first!

i get the newsletters .....
..... but i'm a little slow on reading my mail ......

ancestors from another galaxy

actually gonna play a bunch of Steve Summers stuff on my show this week for those interested in hearing more.

I ripped some audio from zerkalo clips, quality is not bad (128aac), so if anyone's interested http://www.sendspace.com/file/jv45s6

bias wrote:

I ripped some audio from zerkalo clips, quality is not bad (128aac), so if anyone's interested http://www.sendspace.com/file/jv45s6

Thanks!