Topic: Does RobotsforRobots have a Soulseek room? Yes, it's C-B-S.

I know not too many are in the chat room but if you are ever on soul seek or if you were looking for the soul seek chat to find us at it is "C-B-S". I'm not sure if it's listed in the chat section but i always right click and create room and type in C-B-S myself. See you guys there!

Re: Does RobotsforRobots have a Soulseek room? Yes, it's C-B-S.

yaps, maybe someone will even start chatting someday? Except Larry L and a few others, its often dead quiet

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

is SLSK still alive? thought it was dead years ago...

Alive and kicking, now that Oink is gone...

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

SLSK is still the one and only P2P program... for good music that is wink

Also see: http://www.robotsforrobots.net/viewtopic.php?id=199

i hope it is... everytime i logged in there i couldnt find anything interesting...

sometimes i have to try a couple of times but can usually find most anything

casso wrote:

i hope it is... everytime i logged in there i couldnt find anything interesting...

casso this might be due to your ports not being open. slsk requires you to open a certain port on your network in order to function to it's best capabilities. when my ports weren't open i couldn't find a damn thing. once i opened them i've found many gems that i was otherwise not able to find anywhere else and knowing that other robots are on slsk means all those classic tracks from cbs radio are out there .......

as well as getting the port open, you might have to get some people to put you on their list, as public sharing with big file lists is a disaster. send a message to walter kovacs when you get on wink

@casso + cloud9: when you say you couldn't find anything interesting, do you mean you didn't get ANY hits or did just not find what you were looking for? I mean i get alot of results when I search, but maybe it could be better? I remember doing that port thing, just dunno if I got it right...

i'm there.

Aargh. My internet is all fucked up, so it's almost impossible to share music.
tongue

i'm in

dear soulseek user, the server is currently experiencing a short outage. this is an attempt to organize a mass migration of users from this server to the new server and client. our understanding is that many of you would like to use the new system, but find it hard to do so because most everyone else is still here for the exact same reason. the NS (new server) client is currently, and until the outage is over, offered as the sole download option on the download section at www.slsknet.org. once the outage is over everything will be restored to normal and you'll be able to use this server with the original client again (the NS client will not install over the original client). if this goes well, we will have more of these outages until hopefully we can move everyone to the new server. please see the download page for instructions on how to migrate your existing configuration settings to the new client if you wish to do so. thanks, the admin

No somo Roberto Succo

Mate, that's the old server, who cares about that one? smile Download the 157 version!

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

16 (edited by lucio robo 2008-08-16 18:08:37)

I got 157 NS 13 c, it works fine !

No somo Roberto Succo

Got that mesage a few wks ago then i went and screwed my ports up, so can only use the new client now, still only half the people on there tho.

"positive mutation!"

Dunno what the poblem is, i can still get on the old one. Actully i like it more cause he search is better. Strange when they tell you that it would be disabled months ago

"Luc-Ass deserves every flack he gets. In fact, I think he's getting off pretty easy. What he REALLY Deserves is to go broke and be forced to move into a dumpster behind Pizza Hut."

Larry Levan wrote:

Mate, that's the old server, who cares about that one? smile Download the 157 version!

i've been getting that message too. is the new one available for Mac?
I have soulseeX: http://chris.schleifer.net/ssX/

20 (edited by Cray 2008-08-25 20:05:50)

slsk is a living trojan, but ok, whats the room to hang in?

21 (edited by fantomas 2008-08-26 09:25:36)

C-b-s     (caps selected)

some leechers in the room, fix your routers or whatever

People, please come back to the CBS room and trade some music.
It totally sucks there without anyone I know.

how do i get there?

You go to the room section in the right down. You right click in a Room and you choose create a room. There, you write C-B-S. When you are in the CBS  room, you right click again and choose autojoin, so each time you connect, you are in the CBS Room.

No somo Roberto Succo