1 (edited by Larry Levan 2009-02-07 10:20:54)

Topic: 80,000 people can download and listen to Mixed Up In The Hague

The first thing I must say is that I don't know if I did something great or bad. Some people will think it's good, others may say that I shouldn't have done it. The only problem I find is the legal problem smile

I'm happy, all users of the biggest private music sharing community (what.cd) can download and listen to a lossless CD rip of Mixed Up In The Hague Vol.1. There's even a .cue file so they can burn the CD and have as it is. They can also download mp3's if they want.

The album is staff picked (I suggested it), this means they don't even have to spend their ratio downloading. In 1 hour we already have 100 people downloading smile

The album stands out in the main page with other 10 albums that were also picked. It got downloded 1500 times in less than 12h.

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

Re: 80,000 people can download and listen to Mixed Up In The Hague

They could have d/led it from a 1000 other places in the last 9 years. Just because the hipster patrol at what.cd grab it now means what exactly?

Where could they have downloaded a 100% flac rip with a cue file? please tell me smile

Um, there has been a flac out for ages and ages. You think people are grabbing it because it has a .cue file?

The point is that now people can burn and have the cd as it is! it's a 100% image copy from the original. And it has 100% log file, that does matter.

I started the thread, because 80,000 people have in their main page a link to the cd, that's important smile

Cheers

Larry Levan wrote:

Where could they have downloaded a 100% flac rip with a cue file? please tell me smile

This cue file could not have divided the songs better than my own one, I made yeeeaaars ago!
To be precisely I wasn't even a cue file. I just heard the MUITH 1 & 2 mp3s (at this time all the music was completely new to me -> therefore also the transitions hard to recognize!) noticed when the transitions came, inserted the data to goldwave, cutted the file and burned it with my old, but beloved "EASY CD CREATOR" big_smile

Kraftwerks achso graue Autobahn, Drexciyas achso blaue Aquabahn...
https://soundcloud.com/bender101-1

Oh maaan... editing posts isn't coolex, it's schwulex! Isn't it? big_smile

But, it's not me who is a cue file, "it" is a cue file! wink

wtf this mix has been public for ages, who gives about a flac version with cue file...

9 (edited by Larry Levan 2009-02-06 22:00:37)

heifetz wrote:

wtf this mix has been public for ages, who gives about a flac version with cue file...

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Mixed-Up … ease/17779

188 members have this
134 members want this

Being sold for 40

heifetz wrote:

If only one person, who never heard before this music gets in touch with it, due to this download, it has sense enough, to me!
When I discovered I-F, Space Invaders, Mixed up..., CBS and stuff - that was one of the best moments in my life - musically. And music is one of the most important things in my life, so... wink
It's just about providing good music. Mp3, flac, cue, cube... anyway

Yes, I imagine there will be more like Bender. 80,000 is really a lot, maybe this will make them search, join the forum or listen to IFM, it's all about spreading the word, in this case, spreading the music smile

I remind that the album is listed in the main page, so everyone reads it, that's the point smile

Larry Levan wrote:

Again, what matters is that 80,000 people can access the album, 99% of them don't know what "italo" is. It's a good way to start.

Indeed!

Larry Levan wrote:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Mixed-Up … ease/17779

188 members have this
134 members want this

Being sold for 40

Oink had it when it existed...
by the way, do you have invites for this site... ?

15 (edited by Larry Levan 2009-02-06 22:39:48)

I wanted to make clear, that this album was picked by the staff, I suggest it.

There are 400,000 albums there. This one is displayed along with other 10 in the front page!

The point of my post is that people will notice it! In other words, it's not the be able to download that matters (they could have done it in the past) but it's the attention the album will have smile

Invites can't be given in public sorry sad

haha so wtf is this. staff picks a target cd and distributes the fuck out of it so a lot of people dont need to buy it anymore. very cool man, be proud of that or something

17 (edited by Larry Levan 2009-02-06 22:45:17)

Proud to spread the still unknown magic of italo-disco smile

As the master himself said "Records are made to be heard, not to be stored"

the title is misleading, because anyone with a computer can download it, but props for what you're doing.  Hopefully this will get ifm more hits

19 (edited by Larry Levan 2009-02-07 10:22:44)

The title starts with 80,000 smile But yes sorry I should have made a better tittle smile

We got around 1,500 hits in 12h

did you ask i-f first?

"You've stumbled upon a door where your mind is the key. There are none who will lend you guidance; these trials are yours to conquer alone. Entering here will take more than mere logic and strategy, but the criteria are just as hidden as what they reveal. Find yourself, and you will find the very thing hidden behind this page. Beyond here is something like a utopia - beyond here is What.CD.
This is a mirage."

instantly i don't like what.cd

black shape wrote:

did you ask i-f first?

that would have been the correct  thing to do, but something tells me he didn't..

22 (edited by Larry Levan 2009-02-07 13:08:24)

I didn't ask. (that's why I started the thread "i don't know if it's right or wrong")

ifx @ intergalacticfm com

records are made to be sold lol

So one of the most famous mixes to come out of this "genre" needs attention 9 years after the fact?

The flac have been out for years, if you wanted people to  hear it you could just direct em to robotdj. Seems to me you just want to brag about being a member and having a recommended album on the front page. See why what.cd sucks people?

Pages 1 2 3 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → Addicts → 80,000 people can download and listen to Mixed Up In The Hague