Topic: This town Stinks

I can't say it enough were the hell am i living?
really nothing is going on here.. we have a stage in town and the only thing they come up with
everytime is lady aida and michel de hey.
Maybe those 2 are nice people, but the records they play suck hard, i don't have to tell you that, but i will.
I've organised a few "squad" parties in the past and they were a bit crowded.. not lots
of people, but good people, people that were not complaining about the music.. and that's ok for me.

I've reach a certain point again that i want to do something.. bring back the old memories
and play some records again

A friend of mine mailed me last night that he had the same thoughts, and we are going to sit around the table
again to work out our plans.

So in the near future we need your help, in ways of visiting us, because when i organise something
i need a crowd and without a crowd i get bills again i can't pay.

I hope everything works out..

Stay Tuned!!

ps i could also hang myself, but i rather stay a little while longer

Vlam Aan

Re: This town Stinks

This is Rotterdam no?

Come on, you can't start a thread like this without telling us what town you are referring to...

4 (edited by Herr Flick 2009-02-12 10:45:15)

Don't hang yourself Marco, we need limburgers with a good musical taste!

Keep me informed about things you come up with.. i'm always willing to help and most certainly to visit any parties!

Edit: Marco is most prob. referring to Heerlen; South Limburg Ghetto wink

Heil CBS

Damn, that I would hang myself yes wink

On the other hand: every town stinks. And if there's something interesting, nobody turns up anyway. That's the sad and shocking life of people who listen to music because they like things instead of listening because "538" plays it.

yes i'm talking about heerlen
forgot to mention it.

Vlam Aan

baz wrote:

Damn, that I would hang myself yes wink

On the other hand: every town stinks. And if there's something interesting, nobody turns up anyway. That's the sad and shocking life of people who listen to music because they like things instead of listening because "538" plays it.

you could have a point there baz, see not everyone is a freak like us
and most people just go out in the weekend to get pussy and they don't care about
what the dj is playing

Vlam Aan

This?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heerlen

Looks charming! wink

C. wrote:

This?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heerlen

Looks charming! wink

i wish the romans had set their tents somewhere else

Vlam Aan

i'm sure it could be worse.

we had a giant club culture in the late seventies and early eighties, but that all floated away
the junks and pimps came instead

the autor from this book is from around : http://www.discopatrick.com/home/

too bad he bought all the good record before me

Vlam Aan

As it seems he really likes the pre-mixed records so I wouldn't be to sad about him buying all the good stuff (interesting book though...).

And yeah, most people don't care about the music. Or they do care in such a way that they must be able to ignore it so it won't disturb them in the "more important matters of going out". People are just afraid to dance because somebody might laugh at them, escpecially in those small towns (I come from Alkmaar oringinally: lots of bars and lots of people getting really drunk on bad music and NEVER any dancing).

well you can still travel in a 200km radius and find at least one good party per week...
here, i have to adjust the radius to 600 km (and in only one direction, Barcelona...) to meet the same conditions...
but you're totally right to want to make your own parties, where nothing is happening: I remember the late 90's, in Toulouse, when we were throwing parties with La Cellule Rose (early IP): we had very few peoples, lost a lot of money, but we had fun !

Agence Internationale wrote:

well you can still travel in a 200km radius and find at least one good party per week...
here, i have to adjust the radius to 600 km (and in only one direction, Barcelona...) to meet the same conditions...
but you're totally right to want to make your own parties, where nothing is happening: I remember the late 90's, in Toulouse, when we were throwing parties with La Cellule Rose (early IP): we had very few peoples, lost a lot of money, but we had fun !

i/we did that, nowadays we don't have the energy anymore to travel back
well maybe with a little help

Vlam Aan

At least you are in Europe, a cool party is only a short drive away.

16 (edited by zora 2009-02-12 12:59:50)

never been to heerlen. but i used to hang out quite a lot around aachen and kelmis. back in the late 90s. not that there was anything happening in kelmis, but i had a close friend living there. but i remember some nice and pretty crazy partys around the border triangle. like on farms (those were more goa partys though) or once at a darn cracy location also on the county side or sth. in an abandoned kids hospital or maybe even a mental institution, im not quite sure anymore. but that was one hell of a building. some students lived there, i believe, and threw some partys there. that was fun.

baz wrote:

(I come from Alkmaar oringinally

hey, i was once in love with a guy from alkmaar. but that must be like almost 20 years ago hmm

edit:oh, and btw: duisburg sucks as well. but then again, at least we have good and easy connections to other citys around. but here? - nothing happens.

.."this world`s a bubble"..

well guess what? i live in amstedam, very close to the center and it sucks too. yeah, lots of parties, even good ones once in a while, but compared to years ago it's nothing. most alternative places and squats are closed, and most cool clubs don't do anything good or have also closed. not much new has come in its place.

i'm reading that home-parties are the new and upcoming thing, either at a persons own appartment or in barns like they do in the dutch countryside. booze is cheap, and you can still smoke. maybe club culture is just over..

roll your own. grassroot clubbing FTW.

ramos wrote:

At least you are in Europe, a cool party is only a short drive away.

Europe is bigger than you think, i wish it would be that easy smile  If you don't live in one of the few cool megacities and if you don't want to spend half of your weekend in the car or to fly with cheap airlines to get to a party in a neighbour country, you have no other choice than to organize your own parties in your little city... in the hope that 20-50 people will come smile.

Reality is just a simulation

rude66 wrote:

i'm reading that home-parties are the new and upcoming thing, either at a persons own appartment or in barns like they do in the dutch countryside. booze is cheap, and you can still smoke. maybe club culture is just over..

yes, things have definitely changed the last years. At the moment not much going on in our corner either

Reality is just a simulation

rude66 wrote:

well guess what? i live in amstedam, very close to the center and it sucks too. yeah, lots of parties, even good ones once in a while, but compared to years ago it's nothing. most alternative places and squats are closed, and most cool clubs don't do anything good or have also closed. not much new has come in its place.

yep; Graansilo, kalenderpanden, vrieshuis, etc etc, those were my best Amsterdam freak-outs... now it became a very lame city if you are into underground stuff..
And with the new anti-squat law in Holland it will be much worse I'm afraid..

so Kuczera I think you have to DIY, before its too late wink

TB or not TB

22 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-17 23:26:35)

Freek wrote:
rude66 wrote:

yep; Graansilo, kalenderpanden, vrieshuis, etc etc, those were my best Amsterdam freak-outs... now it became a very lame city if you are into underground stuff..

I think we all agreed on the Buitenveldert thing to do something! I'm game! How were things in the OCCI, some people there?

rude66 wrote:

and you can still smoke. maybe club culture is just over..

yes this is an important thing. smoking kills club culture also. See what happened if they all stay in front of the location.. inside it looks half crowded and the best party is going down (sometimes). Okay, in bigger locations (in my little town) I don`t care so much on the rules. But it is nowadays always the first question I ask myself if someone want me to come to a party: is it possible to smoke? pfff.
i know, this thread is not about smoking in clubs and I can say that i have a lot of more possibilities to go out than some of you. And luckily still some good things happen here... May that

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

Mr. Maximal wrote:
Freek wrote:
rude66 wrote:

I think we all agreed on the Buitenveldert thing to do something! I'm game! How were things in the OCCI, some people there?

Buitenveldert was nice unless the lack of 'normal crowd', the Amsterdam freaks should def need to get together more to do stuff..

OCCii is a very nice venue, my fav white beers in the house, good loud sound (we did many venue's in Holland and 90% of them have a annoying over-active limiter) and they dont mind smoke smile Unfortunatly almost NO ONE showed up the night we played... dunno if that's Amsterdam or us... What happened to the Amsterdam bots? only into house, disco and electro? wink

TB or not TB