Topic: Fruity Loops Users

I was wondering if anyone on the forum used it. I use version 3.56, it's my music making workhorse. Tried version 7 but didn't like it much except for the redesigned FX section.

Re: Fruity Loops Users

Are the old versions available somewhere?
I never tried this software because I only heard bad things about it.

Maybe I'll try it, do you know any tutorials?

still use it, been using it for 9 odd years so hard give it up. i like the older versions tho, i use 3 and 4. Naa but i love some of the stuff you can do with it using soft synths, i dont use much samples in it now.
I think is looked down upon as a kiddies toy, but fuck it, its fun.

"positive mutation!"

used it for about 4 years... actually produced some pretty weird stuff with it. I quit using it because I felt it was not 'organic' enough.

In de disco draait de deejay
De hele nacht discomuziek
Waardoor er in de harten van het publiek
Een verlangen ontstaat naar sex en romantiek

Flatalucci ... yeah i see what you mean. In some ways it is the epitome of point n click. While ableton appears to me german efficiency personnified (almots laike a music making spreadsheet). Fruity Loops has a much more ktichensink approach. Of course it isn't suited to live performance in my view. And since it wasn't an audio DAW from the start it lacks the intergration of other software on that front which is why i'm looking elsewhere to handle recording and audio but for VST and this point n click composition i like it ... but like I said that strength I feel got diluted in the later versions.

Mr Who ... I'll send you an e-mail this weekend.

Marco Tulio Thrash wrote:

Thanks.

I'd like to try something else than Buzz and FL seems to be the only affordable alternative for my purposes.

Using FL from 3 to 7. This is one of my main tools... mainly because we developped with a old collegue a pluggin that interface FL with my own self made SID C64 PCI card... ;-)

<<< Un megamix es ... un million de mezclas ! >>>

Visit K

he prolly uses GoldBaby 808 like me (lol no i use real 808)
i like that fruityloops has synthmaker bundled now!

MrWho wrote:

Thanks.

I'd like to try something else than Buzz and FL seems to be the only affordable alternative for my purposes.

Mail sent. Excuse Delay.

ratsnake wrote:

(lol no i use real 808)

Suuuuuuure. wink

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

MrWho wrote:

Thanks.

Mail sent. Excuse Delay.

Thanks, now I will give FL a try.

13 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-18 00:18:01)

fruity is easy but its hard to get good sound from it when you first start out. which is why peeps hate on it because some dumbass snobs that use it start out and thier shit sucks and dont know what plugins to use or what the do. basically more wack music gets produced from it than any other soft because of its availability. if your are good producer you can turn a so so soft into a great tool. get your samples, vsts,plugins, and engineer. i use drum samples because im poor and i get them to sound great.

and i absolutely HATE snobs that say oh it dosnt have warmth using software. you can make warmth without using your vintage keyboard or drum machine that is used more as a trophy that collects dust on the shelf.

sorry i had to rant im sure i should get some hate replies.

GREETZ!

Quick question ... does Fruity Loops 3.56 work on Vista?

I'm using FL for a long time. From very early versions to the 7th.
Great for sequencing, of course with vst plug-ins. now I connected midi  to Korg R3 and with the other vst, sample, efx on FL its like having a big studio.
With a good sound card, you can send each channel to a separate channel on your sound card track.

It is very user friendly. I think there is nothing missing that you can do with other programs. FL loops and logic are my favorites. I sometimes use FL as VST in Logic.

Great program written that days. There has been so little change since FL3. Its was already very good in earlier versions.

SLEEK wrote:

and i absolutely HATE snobs that say oh it dosnt have warmth using software. you can make warmth without using your vintage keyboard or drum machine that is used more as a trophy that collects dust on the shelf.

oh the irony....

I think there's already a thread about playing with lego's tongue

freakazoids, Robots, Please Report To The Dancefloor

ramos wrote:
SLEEK wrote:

oh the irony....

??????

GREETZ!

really sorry if i came off too strong. dont take stabs at me please. smile

GREETZ!

yeah don't be a player hater

SLEEK wrote:

I love my trophies, they keep me warm smile

TB or not TB

does  frutie loops mac exsits?|?

i'm still with my arp's and dusty machines  never let them go  smile   but i always interested in everything

yeah i know, what i meant was if you got the gear use it dont let it go to waste!

to smackos, im not a player hater i just dont care for people that dont give software a chance. thats all smile

GREETZ!

25 (edited by Central Services 2009-04-18 00:18:31)