Topic: Production questions

I really love the production on Duplex - Late Night Driving. Its so warm and mellow. Sounds great and the mids and trebles are really creamy. I'm sure its mostly analogue synths etc. but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about additional outboard/effects etc. that might be contributing to the sound. I think its probably being run through a particularly nice desk, any other suspects e.g. particular compressors, e.q's etc.?

2 (edited by Squadra Smackos 2009-02-18 01:20:27)

Re: Production questions

I think they made it all on a computer, I don't know what program tho

They used to have Yamaha SU700's, I am not sure though they just used that to play live maybe they got synths in the studio and sampled it into the computers etc.

Its a great album indeed

When I booked Duplex for a live-gig in Dordrecht in 2003 or so, they still brought their a big part of their studio to perform and it was a shitload of analogue gear.. I think they also played material from their album then, so I assume a lot of it is analogue.

* Mijn Geheim - weetje: Did you know one of the Duplex guys started producing together with trance-master Ferry Corsten? *

It's becoming harder and harder to earn money in this business so I'm not surprised! It's good way to earn some buxx

@ Kenzaburo: too true. I'm sure its mainly done on analogue stuff, then again maybe it was just really well mixed and mastered. It just sounds so smooth. My speakers are a bit shit, with pretty harsh treble and highs, but Late Night Driving sounds awesome on them. I think maybe its the eq'ing, maybe they used some high end outboard. @ Smackos: I love late night cycling off we still kill the old way as well, I always imagine I'm stoned cycling around somewhere in a city in Holland @ Starborough nice one, how were they?

that's old news, they already collaborated years ago.. there's even a duplex remix of ferry's punk track and some other stuff on the same label. which also licensed i-f's space invaders btw.. so it's not all bad.. big_smile

Yes, the "started" was more like, "it was in the beginning of his carreer as a producer"

Starborough wrote:

* Mijn Geheim - weetje: Did you know one of the Duplex guys started producing together with trance-master Ferry Corsten? *

Smackos does the mastering for Tiesto.

with Audacity

goooood for zmackos

Squadra Smackos wrote:

with Audacity

Thats what you think, I've got a special "professional" version

Audacity Professional - Trance Edition

tiesto skin?

Monkey see, monkey do.

Black Hole Filled version

Sander wrote:
Starborough wrote:

Smackos does the mastering for Tiesto.

ferry werkte  in het magazijn van midtown  en zijn spullen wilde verkopen omdat het toch niets zou worden   lol

Does Overdose work with T-Pain?

18 (edited by Rproductions 2009-02-19 17:22:20)

Sander wrote:

Audacity Professional - Trance Edition

omg ahahah laughin out loud!

btw on their myspace there's a pic of their studio

Progressive house aint that bad .. Trance is quite bad sad

Progressive House
You work in a dead end office job or McDonalds, and you change your mobile every 5 seconds. You also think that Twitter is cool...

Goa Trance
You used to work in a dead end office job or McDonalds, and your friend lent you a Buddha Bar CD. After coming back from the obligatory trip to India or Thailand, you lose the ability to operate a mobile or use the Internet. You scrounge for money whilst saying that all property is theft, and you insult Rastafarians all over the place with turds on your head that you have the temerity to call 'dreads'...

I'm in bitch-ass mode here, therefore you shouldn't be taking this seriously. But feel free to add your own stereotypes/definitions to genres you hate...I could do with a good laugh tonight!

21 (edited by Kenzaburo 2009-02-19 21:13:56)

COme on there are some goood progressive house tracks nowadays, it overlaps a lot with electro, techno etc .. Its not all bad. I could name even that Alden Tyrell and Bangkok Impact or Legowelt disco rout for example are progressive house kinda ... Actually they are filed under progressive house in beatport big_smile

All the more reason to hate that term...Alden Tyrell is DEFINITELY not Prog!

23 (edited by SSM v3 2009-02-19 22:28:36)

Ah yes, didn't spot that. Looks like a pretty standard but nice studio.

David Vunk wrote:

ferry werkte  in het magazijn van midtown  en zijn spullen wilde verkopen omdat het toch niets zou worden   lol

Had hij dus beter z'n spullen kunnen verkopen, want het is echt niks geworden.

25 (edited by Kenzaburo 2009-02-19 23:52:44)

Woody Aki wrote:

All the more reason to hate that term...Alden Tyrell is DEFINITELY not Prog!

Trance then?

big_smile  big_smile big_smile

It's dutch trance

I like everything despite the genre... Stupid to hate something just because what it's categorized in, be open!

Pages 1 2 Next

You must login or register to post a reply