76 (edited by mekonin 2021-05-24 22:10:04)

Re: Headphones

coae wrote:

will do! I'll mostly use them on my computer so the smartphone is just extra.

thanks mekonin!

cheers coae smile

I was shopping for the perfect headphones a few years ago. I made a playlist with maybe half a dozen tracks, each testing some aspect of the sound. I had a trap track testing the bass frequencies, a noisy ambient cassette pop track by Grouper testing for clarity, a minimalist composition by David Lang, a shitty pressed disco song etc. Oh and I listen to a lot of podcasts, so I had one of those too to test the vocal range. If you have the chance to test the gear, this is a recommended method. Make sure to use songs you know by heart, so you know how they are supposed to sound.

That's a good tip! Phone is full of favorite tunes, that or maybe play some youtube list if the store have the possibility.

The store says 250 ohm cant be driven by a regular pc headphone-jack or a regular tv @mekonin do you have an external sound card, music rig or headphone amp? Might pick the 80 ohm version, would be nice to be able to use them when watching a film or just tv.

Headphone amp seems a bit to much fuss...(?)
Schiit magni 3

coae wrote:

The store says 250 ohm cant be driven by a regular pc headphone-jack or a regular tv @mekonin do you have an external sound card, music rig or headphone amp? Might pick the 80 ohm version, would be nice to be able to use them when watching a film or just tv.

Headphone amp seems a bit to much fuss...(?)
Schiit magni 3

Right now I'm using Audient iD14 and Focusrite 2i2, both of which have dedicated headphone amps.
I tried plugging the DT990 into my phone (Realme 5 pro) and the levels were decent enough, it didn't shatter any windows but I could enjoy the music.
Do TVs have headphone jacks now? big_smile

I think TV's have had headphone jacks (3,5 mm) since the old black and white days(?) cool pretty hi-tech, the future is here!
Audient iD14 and Focusrite 2i2 you say hmm who would know it would be this complicated to buy a par of good headphones.

Thanks for trying in your phone!

https://images.versus.io/00-blog-pics/00-post_width/2.png

coae wrote:

I think TV's have had headphone jacks (3,5 mm) since the old black and white days(?) cool pretty hi-tech, the future is here!

Guess I never thought of plugging my headphones into one smile

coae wrote:

Thanks for trying in your phone!

Anytime, let me know if I can help some other way.

Thanks, it's leaning towards a par of DT 990 (or maybe AKG K240) will try in store when i have time...