1 (edited by baz 2009-03-13 11:32:58)

Topic: Charger apple Powerbook G4 anybody?

My batterycharger broke down yesterday and I really need it. I have the "really old" Powerbook G4 titanium (1ghz) with the charger with the "stereo or tulp plug with the light".
Anybody has a spare (and lives within the borders of the Netherlands)? At the apple store they are 79 E and that's about the amount of money my powerbook is worth in total sad

Re: Charger apple Powerbook G4 anybody?

i had the same problem with the same powerbook...except i am not in europe

your best bet is to get a replacement 3rd party charger from ebay..i got one and it works fine. i believe there is a company in california that makes them (not apple!!)

cheers

http://www.tweedehandsmac.nl/

i had a problem with those once, did it dioe straight away or it was a slow death (light flickering, and its ok if you hold it in the 'right spot' sort of thing).
i wasnt paying so much for a plug and managed to fix it, i think it got a bit loose connection from always getting knocked out so just needed putting back into shape... maybe not the best advice, but if you think 79 is maybe worth more than the comp it could be worth having a look at

Nice one Jonathan, didn't know it.

Yeah, got a cheap immitation charger from china from ebay... plastic sheit but still no fire and only 18 dollar (incl free airmail, was here in 5 days)