Re: Does this count as "new gear"? :D

Have some rocking new wheels as well:

http://www.tunnel-radio.nl/rss/img090622b.jpg

With IFM upgrade!!! (more pics on www.tunnel-radio.nl/news.htm )

There's still room for a murder capital sticker.

yepz, but I'm also rebuilding my studio (with a groovy new mixer, almost as big as yours Stentec) and I've seem to have misplaced my stickers in the mess I'm creating sad

you can have mine

after selling our vw bus, this is our new ride:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~rude66/images/smart.jpg

a 2004 smart fortwo cdi (smallest production diesel engine in the world, 800 cc) passion version with all bells and whistles (airco, electric windows/mirrors, alloy wheels, cruise control, etc etc) and a very rare electronic sunroof option. only 50.000 km on the clock, we imported it ourselves from augsburg, germany..

fuel mileage with this thing is a laugh, we drove from almost the austrian border in southern germany to amsterdam on less than 35 euro. thats almost 1000 km, including big stretches of autobahn where it happily drives 140 km/h top speed...

you'll need some sort of trailer to transport gear to gigs, no?

there is infinitely more room in that thing than everybody thinks. my live gear fits comfortably in the back with room to spare..

unless you get some crazy idea to gear with a Jupiter

i must admit i had different visions when thinking about the devils machine riding off into the night.

big_smile

i'm hoping to add another classic car to the fleet again..

but having a classic as your only wheels can cause problemsbe a pain.. we had our share of problems stranded by the side of the road on our way to gigs, or arriving half frozen at venues driving 200 km in the middle of the winter in a car with a non-working heater..

a while back i was considering a fortwo as well. the only problem is that we have 2 cats and their carrying boxes just about fit in the backseats of our 118d.

we have 4, but if they have to be transported we take the bike.. big_smile

i'm pretty sure 2 catboxes will fit next to each other lengthwise, and they fit for sure when you put them on top of each other.
the luggage space if the smart is also directly related to your size, i.e. how far the drivers seat is pushed forward. if youre both not too big they may even fit normally...

63 (edited by heifetz 2009-10-11 00:28:55)

hmm maybe they'd fit ok, but they wouldn't be able to see outside. in 184cm also. but nice vehicle anyways, enjoy the rear wheel drive!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtWeSa3naKk[/youtube]

@Rude66
Gear and cats, ok. All bells and whistles, ok. But the fundamental question is: ARE YOU ABLE TO FIT IN THE CAR? big_smile big_smile big_smile
I'm joking, unless you needed to have the opening rooftop because you drive with your head outside tongue tongue tongue
Sorry about the joke, but given your height it was mandatory big_smile big_smile big_smile

a.

if i lay next to the smart, it's only a few centimeters longer..

but the cool thing is that i fit in it perfectly. i can't drive 90% of all cars because my legs dont fit under the wheel. absolutely no problem in the smart.. i drove it 700 km in one day and got out just as fit as i got in. trick with the smart is that the whole car is basically the cabin. there's no wasted space.. what you see is where you sit.. big_smile

I like that Smart Car mini-tower in Den Haag.

Dus jullie hebben er eindelijk een gekocht.....

So now it's time to go looking for a Karmann Ghia?

those mini towers were cool, only a lot of smart centers have either vanished or relocated. the one here in amsterdam is now a kia tower..:D

we're keeping our options open about a 2nd car.. a karmann ghia maybe, but something like a classic porsche 911 or a 914 is also cool. we'll see what falls in our path..

I advise a 356A big_smile

talking about Smart towers:

http://www.busch-model.com/katalog/bilder/1001.jpg

Busch Modellbau in Germany sells a model kit of the Smart tower in 1/87 scale... as well as the Smarts big_smile

dang they come in purple convertibles?

at least in 1/87 smile

wow, that tower is cool!

there is a convertible smart, sure.. they are pretty common actually. not sure if purple was a factory option, but those panels pop right off so you can have them done any colour or design you want, usually they just put a layer of sticky plastic on it..

I would like the see a Smart with panels designed by Godspill

i like your avatar teknob, do you know you have a beer advert on it?