Topic: Europe

I talked to the great wizard and I've negotiated my escape from Oz.

I'm heading to London on 27th of May for a few days and then to Den Haag & also want to fit in a trip to Berlin. I'll be in Amsterdam (I think) around the 15th to 19th of June. I head back to London and home on 10 - 11th of July.

Any suggestions on galleries etc and interesting places to see would be greatly appreciated smile

Music is a beautiful opiate, if you don't take it too seriously.

Re: Europe

London is not in the europe, money is not euro, be carreful if you go there

No somo Roberto Succo

yeah but there are lots of friendly europeans living in london

keep hackney crap

go see raul ortega ayala at rokeby in london

dont forget to hit me up when your in London for some Rums smile
also, the magic waves festival in July, oh yeah!

galleries, im not sure, there are some more cultured london bots kicking around smile

There will be an exhibit on Italian Futurism at Tate Modern starting on 12th of June, but you might have left London by then? I'm thinking about going there anyway, If I do I'll go see that for sure.

nice, I would quite like that.

apart from ortega ayala, there is tons in the east end, many have little maps in where you can find more, but its not hard. i will be in london around then, also doing the same as you so maybe something can get arranged

make sure you all get in contact folks and in case you see any signs in london pubs saying 'no travellers allowed' don't worry its not you they mean

keep hackney crap

byron wrote:

make sure you all get in contact folks and in case you see any signs in london pubs saying 'no travellers allowed' don't worry its not you they mean

theres an rotten lookin pub in deepest darkest peckham that has "tourists welcome" emblazened on the side haha

I have to be at a wedding on the 30th May somewhere in the country outside of London where we have accommodation booked. After that, I want to stay in London until around the 3rd of June (but I haven't figured out where to stay). Aside from negotiating the family this is when I'm thinking we could go for rums & adventuring...of course money permitting, I'm a broke student remember wink

Sorry Techni, I'll be in Den Haag by the 12th June so I'm not sure about the exhibition at the Tate but I still think you should come to meet me in Amsterdam or in Den Haag.

@Black Shape: I'd love to hang out, that would be great. Where do you live normally?

@Meschi & Byron: I'll have to make sure I keep with my own kind and hang out at the god awful "Australian" pubs where they serve Fosters

byron wrote:

coming from egalitarian finland, i don't get this smile you mean they explicitly state they don't want tourists frequenting the place because they fear it will be spoilt?

I think he was being facetious smile

travellers = gypsies

normally im nearby nottingham san, but its easy to get to london, and i got friends and family there too so its easy.
i'll keep my ears open for things around that time too

here if you block gypsies from coming to your bar on the sole grounds of them being gypsies you go to jail.

off topic, sorry pls carry on.

i dont make the rules or the prejudices. dunno if it does mean gypsies though was just guessing.
maybe its people with huge backpacks on

Hey San would be cool to catch you when your in old Blighty!

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

18 (edited by lucio robo 2009-03-26 12:15:05)

It means this sort of travellers :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Traveller

or maybe this one :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhH3CvHA … re=related

No somo Roberto Succo

yeah lucio is correct, there are lots of pubs in london with signs on the doors barring entry to irish traveller types or gypsies, or whatever the current politically correct vernacular is.

aussie pubs are scary places san, in the winter they are full of young dudes wearing flip flops and wife beaters!
its quite funny to watch them smoking outside, freezing their 'blonde dye bleach' hairdos off

keep hackney crap

Hahaha! They sound like the kind of guys from my hometown or the Gold Coast. Bogans. Melbourne isn't really like that. I was serenaded by a guy singing Bob Dylan with a Mandolin at a bar last night wearing a pink fluffy bomber jacket & a tiger print top.

@Computerdisco: Of course! Maybe we should just pick somewhere and all meet up smile

San wrote:

Bogans. Melbourne isn't really like that. I was serenaded by a guy singing Bob Dylan with a Mandolin at a bar last night wearing a pink fluffy bomber jacket & a tiger print top.

well, i don't know which type is worse.

sorry hijacking your topics again.. i'll go away now.

Heehe. They're both pretty bad but I'll take quirky over aggressive any day

San wrote:

I have to be at a wedding on the 30th May somewhere in the country outside of London where we have accommodation booked. After that, I want to stay in London until around the 3rd of June (but I haven't figured out where to stay). Aside from negotiating the family this is when I'm thinking we could go for rums & adventuring...of course money permitting, I'm a broke student remember wink

Sorry Techni, I'll be in Den Haag by the 12th June so I'm not sure about the exhibition at the Tate but I still think you should come to meet me in Amsterdam or in Den Haag.

@Black Shape: I'd love to hang out, that would be great. Where do you live normally?

@Meschi & Byron: I'll have to make sure I keep with my own kind and hang out at the god awful "Australian" pubs where they serve Fosters

you'll have to hang out here in holland wink

http://www.australianhomemade.nl

Yum!!
I'll bring you some stuff over wink

Well, tickets & accommodation are all booked & sorted. My trip got cut short due to a lack of flights for me to get home (School Holidays) so no Magic Waves for me sad

I'll be hanging in London from 31st May - 2nd June (I leave that night). Shall we do some kind of robot extravaganza on the 31st?

Will be in the Hague from 3rd - 25th June and Amsterdam 15th -19th June. Anything good coming up?