Topic: Records for sale - Cosmic, Electronic, Prog, Disco & Euro-Disco

http://cosmicdudes.com/styles/images/How-To-pic.jpg

Hi there,

me and a friend just released our dream and opened a little store in the net for people who love vinyl...
We are adding records daily if time allows, all with soundfiles of course...

We are happy if you pay us a visit at :

www.cosmicdudes.com

And even if you don't feel like shopping, it is certainly nice for listening pleasure (-:

Thanks

Charles & Mitch

Re: Records for sale - Cosmic, Electronic, Prog, Disco & Euro-Disco

Secrets after secrets..

depress the repress

Well, first 20 records contain 3 secrets among them...

I guess one can handle that...

DiscoRockMachine wrote:

Well, first 20 records contain 3 secrets among them...

I guess one can handle that...

But there are a ton of "secret" records near the end of the cosmic list.  Why all the mystery?  Are these "secret" records common enough that you couldn't get a fair price for them otherwise?  Or is obfuscation the name of the game here and only people that are willing to pay are let into the club?  I'm not a fan, obviously.

hall of secret treasures !! lot of nice catches, now you just need tons of rich freaks.

No somo Roberto Succo

The site is very nice, the guys that made it obviously have a lot of good records and are well informed about obscure cosmic disco etc.

But I wouldn't buy records from the site, for me personally the fun is in digging crates for surprises, not paying through the nose for instant credibility.

Keeping records secret is just lame though. If you love the music share information about it so others can enjoy it, don't just sit on it like a leprechaun on a pot of gold- the physical record may belong to you, but the creative material does not.

Imagine if archeologists or scientists had the same attitude and just kept all their best discoveries to themselves.

I know it's not the same, but the only possible reason to keep the names secret if for profit or just being precious about your "discovery" and "ownership" of someone elses creative work.

The only reason its secret is that you can get it much cheaper elsewhere. If he told you the real name, then you'd go and do that. The site has nice music on it, but you gotta be a sucker to pay big money to find out the "secret".

if you answer emails i might have a look

Vlam Aan

He Guys,

just two or three words on this before you totally kill us (-:

I totally apreciate that people have different opinions about this "Secret" thing, but let me tell you this.

We have been digging records for over 15 years now, spent endless amounts of time and money in it !

Now so much for not worshipping the creative material that these vinyls had to offer.

We tried to make a healthy mixture between well known classics and some unknown stuff, there are not more than 20 % Secrets on our site,but we are no sort of museum, where people can go, put their favourites on there wantlist, and search the internet in the hope that one day this record will pop up somewhere.

Who in the world can blame us for that, after putting so much Energy in the vinyls and the store ?

Once again, these Secrets are no records which you can find at any corner or at Ebay, and you all know the deal, if somebody discovers some new material and posts it somewhere, it will last one month until that record will be totally expensive and unavailable...

Is that what you want ?

Every record has extra long soundfiles, so you know what you can expect when you decide to buy it !

It's totally up to you to visit our little site and if
you believe we squeeze some 5dollar bin secrets
inbetween a PARADISE FRAME LP and a WOLFGANG MAUS,
well what can we do against it... ?

Who in the world do we harm with this ?

Maybe the site is also nice to get an idea about how the "No Human" LP for example sounds like ?

If it is really worth dying for or if you better leave your hands from that...

Or just listen to a "Underwater Electronic Orchestra" Lp, how many did that before...

So totally cool with different opinions, but i have problems to call all those people who bought many records from us within the last days and said many nice things about the site - Suckers !

great chance to hear cool tracks, thanks!

i hear you

so the extra cost covers your previous years digging? why should you get respect for that in itself...
you earn respect, you dont demand it
also your prices are way high to start with, so your arguments about 'totally expensive' prices makes no sense.
theres is no harm in being transparent by the way, and you will get more respect and buyers. look at for instance IFM...

best of luck though guys

Yeah good luck from me too, the site is a great resource and opportunity to let people hear some great hard to find records.

13 (edited by Da fluxcapasitor 2009-03-25 20:28:15)

You have a nice bussines there...good type of market...unique sellingpoint with the 'secrets'...i guess a high profit range calculated in the prices... good luck dude wink

Go out and play

waxHead wrote:

Are these "secret" records common enough that you couldn't get a fair price for them otherwise?

thats certainly true for the ''secret dutch prog'' lp, which is otger dice- garden of pleasure. usually sells for about 10-15 euri abroad, but you can find it with a bit of searching in holland for 2-5 euri any day. and i'm suspecting thats true for a lot of the other secret stuff as well.

all i can say is it's a real good way of showing respect to the original artists to keep their names away from others and only for you to know. good job, you can really be proud of yourself..

secret sounds like cosmic bullshit

16 (edited by captain duran 2009-03-25 23:18:54)

rude... but you can also find serge blenner for 3

discogs sales 
"Somebody was trying to tell me that CDs are better than vinyl because they don't have any surface noise. I said, 'Listen, mate, life has surface noise.'" - JOHN PEEL (1939 - 2004)

i know i have the first  secret 7 '',can't find it rightnow ,i believe it's dutch
anyway it stay's secret even for me

apart from the prices you ask for some records and the secret shit (actually it's quite fun to find out what the secret stuff is, or Scarface? big_smile) your page is really well made. i like the super simple structure and love the design. hm, i really wonder if anyone is willing to send you their secret wantlists, though.

@ spookie
the MORODER STYLE SPACE VOCODER DISCO one?

The Orphee and the Christian Bruhn record ( which was "secret" till today )are/were also many times available for about 10 Euri and i paid for both only about 3 bucks.

I also have the still secret " Albatros - Stop Stop violence" .

I guess some "secret" offers aren

depress the repress

great selecton of records and really affordable prices, thanks for being cosmic!

21 (edited by kuczera 2009-03-26 05:37:45)

btw those secrets are not new, diggers digest allready does it

nice site allthough

Vlam Aan

22 (edited by lucio robo 2009-03-26 08:04:17)

spookie wrote:

i know i have the first  secret 7 '',can't find it rightnow ,i believe it's dutch

the SECRET ARTIST - 7iNCH - MORODER STYLE SPACE VOCODER DISCO
UK / 1980 One ?

Great track, i'm ready to pay 2

No somo Roberto Succo

23 (edited by hysteric 2009-03-26 08:29:33)

The site is really nicely designed and the clips are cool (some prices are not as bad as I expected either), but the secrets and 'make an offer' are a big turn-off for me.

"You don't pick this record, the record picks you." roll

you guyz are doing well, the ones i wanted are allready gone

interested in trading aswell?

Vlam Aan

they got all that shit at the Cobra Nero shop for 5 euro's.