Re: Coming soon: 6 New Bunker 3000 releases!!

It's the same as destroying the reputation of Netzwerk Frankfurt here - online forums have their very own dynamics. People just like that shit.

Europa has burned, and will burn again

Netzwerk asked for that.

speculaters honor system ftw

When Guy decided to sell on BeatPort and the artist were the last to know , was that straight arrow ? That topic was shut down pretty quickly on the CBS so forum readers never knew what went down there.

I dont think Guy would do that to gain extra profit and not share. I remember buying some bunker records from him that were brand new and went on discogs for way more and he just asked 7euro a record. Tells me something about honesty.

xebeche wrote:

When Guy decided to sell on BeatPort and the artist were the last to know , was that straight arrow ? That topic was shut down pretty quickly on the CBS so forum readers never knew what went down there.

because nothing did. one of the reasons the scene here stays together is pretty much because we can all trust each other. my experience is that the bigger the contract is that a label offers, the more you get screwed.

plus as far as i'm concerned, someone like Guy has just about unlimited credit.. without him, there'd be no bunker, no clone, no scene. and i wonder how many other artists would have made a ''career'' without their first releases on bunker or other related labels..

I second Ruud.
Anyway, what is this, RTL Boulevard?

there is no question he is pillar in dutch scene, thread just went off on another tangent. Bunkers have been digitalized since day one. I remember being on a dutch ftp that had Murder Capital releases , Clone , Viewlexx , Bunker vinyl rips. If it wasnt for thta ftp back in 2001 i would have never heard many of those releases that i ended up buying. The digital beast cannot be stopped and it benefits and hurts (weve talked to death about this) You either ride the bull the best you can , or get off it.

* edit on the tangent of the thread of Bunker selling on Beatport my concern since the thread started  (1st Boulevard) was if the artist in the end got their share of the digital end. Even if digital stores take 30 odd percent of the sales the artist and label see some dough.

creme org wrote:

I second Ruud.
Anyway, what is this, RTL Boulevard?

no, it's hollywood boulevard, they come from near, they come from far

211 (edited by creme org 2009-05-12 00:12:23)

xebeche wrote:

* edit on the tangent of the thread of Bunker selling on Beatport my concern since the thread started  (1st Boulevard) was if the artist in the end got their share of the digital end. Even if digital stores take 30 odd percent of the sales the artist and label see some dough.

OK then, to be perfectly clear, why is this a concern to you? Its none of your business, its something between the label and artist and not something for a public platform.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2T671pSHNU

Yeah how you and your people deal with finances is your business. Nobody asked anything, no one is asking you to vent your laundry. Shame there is no access to other thread cause there never was no questioning there either mere concern.

mmmmh!

I must say that I know that Guy is really fair with the artists. They always get a fair share of their releases.

About his quote on the IFM show he really means that there is no way to stop illegal digital download and he sees himself more as a vinyl seller.

yep got my 25 records some days ago, and he wanted to give me 40.
But I decided to leave him 15.
Stop shredding Mr.Tavares!
Allways support Bunker  - Den Haag

Broken Pots Hunter

^your record is the best of the bunch imo, close to the elec pt1's, all three brilliant, i must say

duracel vs schmerzlabor is rather dissapointing, some already released in the past, the few fresh tracks absolutely don't do it for me, but it could have something to do with my expectations wink manasyt vs beta evers... mwah, too short and few track and too much of the same, i feel

oh yeah, people posting mp3's of freshly released, limited vinyls should be dragged through some pig filth behind a carriage... bias... people like you are the second to last nail in the coffin of the death of vinyl

bias wrote:

i heard Guy talking on ifm you are dumb if you pay for mp3, so i got excited and posted mp3.
you seem to care more than bunker owner.
personally I don't like any of those releases, wouldn't buy them even if it had normal price.
advertising composite profuse as dopplereffekt style makes me smile, dopplereffekt  is like 15 years ago and this is not even well executed copy.
artist anonymous, which should be presentation of new unknown arists(at least i see it like that), shows only lack of any ideas, there's no interesting sounds, no interesting arrangments, no catchy melodies. It's a music anybody can do with a bit of knowledge of music programs, where's the quality control?

catchy melodies? sais it all, doesn't it?

219 (edited by Ray Van Mechelen 2009-05-13 19:45:37)

I`ll go waaaaaay off topic now: got all 6 of the Bunker releases last week, I`m very happy with it! The Duracel vs Schmerzlabor rocks hard, pure UM-style! Composite Profuse is very sinister, Elec Pt.1 never fails and the Beta Evers vs Manasyt is very good too, but indeed: too bad the first tracks is only 1:30 minutes, oh well, Bunker hits hard again! Happy Modus smile

"A Real Music Hater"

Zubeldia wrote:

oh yeah, people posting mp3's of freshly released, limited vinyls should be dragged through some pig filth behind a carriage... bias... people like you are the second to last nail in the coffin of the death of vinyl

vinyl freaks don't care about mp3s, these markets are totally different. i imagine those who download before buying are much more discriminating, as they won't make blind purchases. if something doesn't sell, then maybe you might want to check the quality before blaming digital copies eh

I agree with Rawshark

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

rawshark wrote:
Zubeldia wrote:

vinyl freaks don't care about mp3s, these markets are totally different. i imagine those who download before buying are much more discriminating, as they won't make blind purchases. if something doesn't sell, then maybe you might want to check the quality before blaming digital copies eh

I dont see the problem with checking mp3 before buying the record.. and some labels and webshops supply mp3 previews with a bleeb every 30 seconds, or just add a layer of noise.. maybe that is an option..

TB or not TB

Freek wrote:
rawshark wrote:
Zubeldia wrote:

I dont see the problem with checking mp3 before buying the record.. and some labels and webshops supply mp3 previews with a bleeb every 30 seconds, or just add a layer of noise.. maybe that is an option..

i was referring to people who get ONLY the mp3 release (legal or illegal) and put it onto cdr/laptop or whatever, to play them out, there is indeed nothing wrong with listening a mp3 snippet before buying (or not buying) the full vinyl release.

for me personally, i like to get surprised by new arriving vinyls, when i play them at home for the first time. and furthermore, i'm just completely anti-digital...

Zubeldia wrote:

i was referring to people who get ONLY the mp3 release (legal or illegal) and put it onto cdr/laptop or whatever, to play them out, there is indeed nothing wrong with listening a mp3 snippet before buying (or not buying) the full vinyl release.

wich are 9 times out of 10 ripped from vinyl..

Im not completely anti-digital (altough I only play records) but mp3 dj's just suck imo, its sounds completely shit on a PA system.. anyone going digital: please play the original wav and not crappy mp3 vinyl rips..

TB or not TB

Zubeldia wrote:

i was referring to people who get ONLY the mp3 release (legal or illegal) and put it onto cdr/laptop or whatever, to play them out

this is closer to bunker philosophy, than payin 20euro for a record to get a "good sound".