Topic: iPhone music...

I.m considering getting the iphone. Are there any decent music apps for it?...And justt what is this thing capable of? apparently its packing some heat under its bonnet....can we expect a ableton strip down version?

Deathcrush '99

Re: iPhone music...

I know you can get a radio app for it and Pandora has one too. As far as production goes I just don't know.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

someone posted an upcoming app here somewhere....
aah, here http://www.audiorealism.se/technobox/index.htm

Not upcoming, I have big_smile the most useful music app is Touch osc, changes your iphone into a mini jazz mutant lemur touch interface that you can control your Logic or Ableton live ect with..

+++ Dont be scared honey, thats just the resonance knob +++

Yeah, I've got technobox from audiorealism...really fun to bang out some acid jams on the subway.

Also be sure to get WunderRadio, or something similar, so you can streem IFM!

Technobox is really great and the quality is very good. It's real analogue modeling

i played with the technobox on my friends phone. the sounds were really good, great for house parties. but i'm just not a fan of touch screens so it felt strange

just checked the demontrations, that looks like serious fun.

Get a nokia and a labtop.

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

never fucking nokia it really sucks and is bad quality fuck nokia!

11 (edited by IvyHeights 2009-04-07 23:11:37)

maybe apple themselves will do a logic lite ....but its a small phone, surely we can never expect too much as music apps are so cpu etc heavy...i cant find anywhere the technical details of the processor etc of the iphone...but thhis touchscreen business is opening plenty of doors

Deathcrush '99

wait till june 8th if you can

@Kenzaburo  Come on!!!! When you open up an iPhone, most phone designers will laugh their ass of. It is possibly the most out of date piece of hardware on the market. Inside it looks like somthing from 5-7 years ago. I would love the se an iPhone go throug nokias testing program. The production is purely based on earning money from app's and music sales cos even if you buy it without a subscription apple doesn't earn a dime.Shure it looks fansy and kan do alot of fancy thinges, but in the end you can do all the same practic things with a phone based on symbian. So yeah... No waving a nokia around and making it sound like a lightsaber, but controling major servers, running flash, GPS, webradio and last but not least forwarding test messeges and being abe to send buissness cards to others and recieving them.
I am not a mac hader, this is written on a mac, nor am I in love with nokia. But to me it seems a very high price for a product that is inferior of most other new phones releaset in the last 2 years in both build quality and basic funtcions. Shure is fun to make acid on your phone, but on the other hand the chance of it failing you because of a simple drop on the floor, or having it in your pocket and walking in to a table (while drunk ofcourse) simply makes me think that it is not ready yet. Wait 2 generations then my guess is that apple is up to speed.

Home is where your hardware is!!!
ErrorAudio SoundCloud

14 (edited by Kenzaburo 2009-04-08 09:58:59)

Sorry got a bit carried away there, I just don't like Nokias because the quality is also very bad. I had and n93 and n95 and damn they had (and still have) so many bugs in them and they never bothered to fix it sad Also the symbian based system will eventually get so slow that it's a fucking chore to even open sms. I know personally nokia engineers and when they first had Iphone years ago they said that Nokia doesn't have the know-how to do something similar.. But I guess today they have

nokia last for fucking ever, they are solid.

they are the volvo of the mobile phone world

jail break yer i phone,
and u can do loadsa madshit, skype over 3g, use it as an interweb connection for your laptop or film stuff,
but yes i can see  where Erroraudio is coming from,
when designing a phone that can access the internet which freakin perm rocking trendy glasses wearing
designer decided the doting public would not require a flash player??? or a decent bluetooth function  a mean it can play you tube wtf?
yeah apple might do sum garageband rehash but i bet everytime you want a new instrument...........theres an app for that!
i love em....no i hate em......shit!

17 (edited by cimabot 2009-04-08 12:04:40)

erroraudio is right.

apple's marketing strategy for the iphone is and has been a bit nasty to say the least.
yes, they have released a product that, no matter what you say, does stuff no portable pocket size device has done before at the same time, all wrapped up in a sexy container.
patents for the gestures (!) you do on its touch screen are...pending.
the whole back end they put in place with the appstore, itunes store etc. is great, a money making machine, but works a charm and it's what it promises: fun.
BUT
since the iphone has been released, too many "to be implemented" functions...
apple invented copy & paste and fails to implement it on the iphone at launch. terrible. they are now using it as a cliffhanger for ppl waiting for wwdc this summer who will party because they implemented it in the new sdk.
they are announcing...MMS! now. ridiculous.
no mention of vcard/business card support yet. have your post its ready, take a note of the number you need to send, type it into an sms and send it. what?
they want ppl to be hooked and look forward to stuff which is old technology... and the suckers will say oh look! apple+c, apple+v! how cool!

[i have an iphone, i've had one since it's been released. and am an apple certified sys admin and certified pro and the rest of the bullshit (got to be for work). i also love apple, apple's work, os, industrial design etc. so no apple bashing here tongue ]

even though some would call me an apple fanboi i wholeheartedly agree with you, cimabot. this iphone business is what has alienated me most about apple in the recent past. which is why i never bought one in the first place (still happy with my ericsson t39 which does all i need it for ans is smaller than many of today's cell phones). apple also has lost touch with their user base in different areas (why oh why all the fucking glossy screens??) but nowhere as much as with the iphone.

yet, usability wise apple's products win hands down. less functionality, more usability.

Would be cool to have a Kaossilator iPhone app. Both use touch screen and could see that being light on the CPU/drive.

I was def skeptical about the iPhone...I'm not a Fan Boy by any means, but my work pays for my data plan and I needed something new so why not. I got it 3 weeks ago and, I must say, its one of the cooler things I've owned.

The thing is Apple has built a community around creating and sharing applications for these devices, and it's really awesome. I listen to the stream while walking to the subway, Make acid music or play games on the subway, VNC into my home computer from anywhere...It's even inspired my to build some of my own apps.

I don't know, I think it's undeniably cool.

Fuck it Dez you just tipped me into the 'yay iPhone' camp. I've been Mac-based forever so at first I was like "Hell yeah I'm gonna get one." Then I waited and people told me it's not that great, overhyped, whatever. But I would definitely use it in a similar way and the scenario you just painted is one I don't se ehappening with other phones.

I think it's cool! Nothing is perfect and there are flaws but I think generally speaking it's better than the competition.. Especially with the apps, community etc. Sad but true!

23 (edited by Sander 2009-04-10 10:56:12)

It might be worth to keep you old phone for some extra time and wait for some new models of other companies.
Ok maybe a bit less fancy look, but hee, it's not all about the looks.

just came across this while searching for a midi composer app

http://www.xewton.com/musicstudio/overview/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5wLawBp … r_embedded[/youtube]

would like to know if anyone here has tried it. the ability to export midi files looks tempting.

or perhaps this one

http://www.beepstreet.com/isequence

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wGJJ65SDVM[/youtube]