Re: Program to calculate the value of your record collection

Flagio wrote:

Now I can compare a bit, atm I have for sale 5678 items, value: 40.000 EUR

You are virtually rich now smile

@ Dolcevita: that`s really a lot man, holly shit...

"A Real Music Hater"

haha, according to the program my collection is worth between 11 and 22 thousand euro. it's more of an indication how much money i could have spent more wisely than anything else, i think.

virtually rich, happily ever after

most of you have probably already seen this. still, just a [url=http://vodpod.com/watch/1054875-the-world

JamesTRubotnik wrote:

most of you have probably already seen this. still, just a [url=http://vodpod.com/watch/1054875-the-world

31 (edited by kuczera 2009-04-09 09:36:23)

JamesTRubotnik wrote:

Vlam Aan

kuczera wrote:

btw it's a sad man

that's why i'm posting this here...

yeah, indeed... a very sad man!
i really can't understand that nobody is willing to pay those 3 million $ to keep the collection complete and save it for coming generations.
i's a shame... i mean there are enough people on this planet that are interested in music and have lots of money.
that virgin guy for ex or michael jackson or madonna. but well...

michael jackson is not rich, he recently had to sell his famous finger free gloves, I think he would rather buy some kids and not records. anyway.. same for Madonna, and Richard Branson just likes groupies

who will buy my collection, have to check the value, my kids already told me (at least the older one) he is not interested in any of the records, snief

Europa has burned, and will burn again

@ Elias: What music does your oldest like?

he only likes the "music" on his Gameboy DS

37 (edited by JamesTRubotnik 2009-04-09 19:13:02)

original gameboy would have been the correct answer but this way it's a gaming console sound chip choice FAIL

edit: just so you know what i'm talking about: clicketyclick

just a bit lacking on the lower end of the spectrum...

Don't worry Elias, I'll buy your collection.... well... if i can afford it...

EliasRafael wrote:

he only likes the "music" on his Gameboy DS

your children will eventually like some of your collection at least no?
its big and pretty versatile no?

@ EliasRafael
"michael jackson is not rich, he recently had to sell his famous finger free gloves, I think he would rather buy some kids and not records."
-> oh well, he still owns at least 50% of the beatles song rights, so i guess he's not that poor!

"who will buy my collection, have to check the value, my kids already told me (at least the older one) he is not interested in any of the records, snief"
-> maybe you should tell your kids to melt all your records when you are gone and build a mausoleum out of the vinyl for you as a letzte ruhest

The volatile economical amount does not hold up to the emotional value of art.

42 (edited by Ray Van Mechelen 2009-04-10 04:59:10)

EliasRafael wrote:

michael jackson is not rich, he recently had to sell his famous finger free gloves

Poor guy but yes he has nothing anymore: all copyrights on the Beatles`songs which generates 60 million dollars a year, you can barely buy any food with so little money, poor poor guy smile

On the other hand I once saw this televisionprogramme where he went to a over the top prices shopping mal where you could buy furniture like a golden sarcophagus covered with diamonds to place somewhere near your coffeetable or something tongue The guy just bought everything on sight, which means he even didn`t try out the sarcophagus: I want this one, oh, and this one, and this, and this too, ... Some hilarious TV-moments there.

hehe: here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tli1Nc7 … re=related
I know, it`s a short video but it gives you an idea.

"A Real Music Hater"

i think the biggest problem with that biggest collection in the world is not the money, but the room.. you'd have to rent a warehouse to put all that stuff in, and a big one too.. i'm sure many collectors are interested, but it's just too much.. maybe he should try to sell it in parts..

@ rude66
i guess if you have the money to buy that collection then you probably also have the money to rent or buy a warehouse and pay the transport costs etc.
also if the guy would sell that stuff in parts it wouldn't be the biggest collection in the world anymore...

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

On the other hand I once saw this televisionprogramme where he went to a over the top prices shopping mal where you could buy furniture like a golden sarcophagus covered with diamonds to place somewhere near your coffeetable or something tongue The guy just bought everything on sight, which means he even didn`t try out the sarcophagus: I want this one, oh, and this one, and this, and this too, ... Some hilarious TV-moments there.

yep saw it too, he has a very,very bad taste
lots of kitsch

Vlam Aan

I wouldnt know where to start to value them but if my house went up in flames Id know which pile to grab.

EliasRafael wrote:

who will buy my collection, have to check the value, my kids already told me (at least the older one) he is not interested in any of the records, snief

funny to think my son will inherit my records. at the moment he literally drools over them...

AVG is 305000 lol, but 1500 or so without price.

@ EliasRafael
"but 1500 or so without price."
-> and those are probabbly the most expensive ones + another a few hundreds that are not submitted or not in your collection yet!

releases - 1948
min. value - 8902.93
max value - 23977.21
avg. value - 14325.30
releases without prices - 321

so, based on average price, each record's average worth in my collection is $7.35
fascinating...and useless....

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → Addicts → Program to calculate the value of your record collection

Currently used extensions: pun_approval, pun_admin_add_user. Copyright © 2009 PunBB