Re: Piratebay

cebteq wrote:

chocolate

are you serious?

if so, I hope it's Fair Trade choclit...

I hope so too its a swiss company
Btw, don't artists live for free in europe ??

53 (edited by raoul 2009-04-19 23:17:12)

cebteq wrote:
Nukubot wrote:
cebteq wrote:

I don't understand it when an artist demands to be payed for having talent.  Reminds me of an art class when you try hard and get an f anyway.  You should be doing it for yourslef.  I remember an interview with unit moebius where he said the first music they made  was for themselves.  That's how it should always be

I agree to the point that music making has to be something for yourself and/or for the sake of good music, but it's naive to think that there will be no money involved

what if you make music for yourself and somebody else makes money with it? I won't let that happen to my stuff

besides, there's a very big difference between big-money-making artists and small independent ones

I couldn't care less about the big ones, but I do care about the independent ones, they DO need money to make music

or do you think mastering, design, pressing records etc etc is for free?

nowadays it costs little to make music.  what costs money used to be making it abailable to everyone through distribution and studio time etc.  times have changed.  it distributes itself via internet, the studio is a room in your house, and technology allows for everyone to listen.  its human nature not only to create but to compart with like minded individuals.  i think now artistic integrity should be at its highest point because it isnt necessary to please anyone but yourself

what is artistic integrIty. if i make a track for fun, is that right or wrong?

cebteq wrote:

no but they get free chocolate

Art for the sake of art

56 (edited by Funkbox 2009-04-20 05:58:20)

fuckin yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

its a fuckin free for all
I download because I have to.
Back in the day, to dub a tape was the same thing but nobody I knew looked at it like we do now, with artist getting ripped off and shit. artist have always gotten ripped off. I have abandon the notion of making any real rockstar type of money off of the music I create.

sellin blank cds should be just as illegal!
aint all this technology just fucking beautiful?

ime on the other side of the planet with little money to spend on records but dammit I stay current and I spin some dope shit! I spend $600 USD a YEAR (that aint shit!) on records and I feel like I am behind.

some artist that I originally downloaded I now buy there stuff because I was able to hear them

lets go back to the old days when it was a fucking guessing game what jammed and what didnt because shit was wrapped in plastic. that way even if it sucked and you bought a fucking lemon everybody was happy because you payed for it.

i will keep downloading till they come pry the damn keyboard "from my cold dead hands."

where there is a will there is a way!

^right on brotha!

GREETZ!

cebteq wrote:

yes, we do

we don't work, we philosophize the whole day

we walk around in our beautiful gardens with a mild sun on our heads and think about the future of the fine arts, music and the state of humanity in general

in the afternoon we sit down and drink fine wine from our fine vineyards while we contemplate some more on the human nature, the solar system and the universe in general

Haha .. RDam seems to be THE place wink

aratkiLo wrote:

Haha .. RDam seems to be THE place wink

yeah, you've got to know your way around here, but as soon as you've found the Secret Gardens Of Eternal Pleasure in Rotterdam, you'll never want to leave

Nukubot: dont forget about the orgies

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

BMX wrote:

Nukubot: dont forget about the orgies

you're right, I forgot

they've become a routine...

63 (edited by mina v. 2009-04-20 12:03:05)

cebteq wrote:

I can't imagine any electronic musician raising a family on what he does.  He probably has a real job on thr side.  Professional musicians, graphic artists, these guys make a living selling out

that is the biggest load of crap ever.  bitter much?

64 (edited by biotek 2009-04-20 15:05:39)

I don't know which planet you live but over here on earth unless you happen to get a grant from the state (unlikely in the case of 'electronic music') you're as good as unemployed in the eyes of the bureacracy. That means living way under 1000 euros a month (considered as the poverty line.) Since you're unemployed you don't collect pension money from your income but you can seek for an artist pension grant from the state if you're distinguished enough (again highly unlikely in the case of 'electronic music'.)

So the bottom line in Finland is, play ball and get a grant or fuck off and die.

Monkey see, monkey do.

how sad

im an artis paintert, i aint sold a painting in 5 years, boooh!
i was either on the dole in the uk while painting, seling one painting a year, not having enough money for a loaf of bread or a pint of milk.
Then i had  to work in cocktail bars but then i had no time atall to paint or even want too, i got all creativity sucked out of me.
I tried new deal in the uk too for musicians, haha that was funny i got an extra 10 pound a week or something and had to travel to london all the time for meetings with a new deal music adviser, what a load of crap that was.

"positive mutation!"

biotek wrote:

I don't know which planet you live but over here in earth

I'm curious: who are you referring to?

Now this -
Gottfrid Svartholm Warg, one of the four men recently sentenced to prison in The Pirate Bay trial, is the subject of an investigation by Swedish prosecutors looking into his role in The Student Bay, a file sharing site specializing in academic texts
http://www.thelocal.se/18974/20090420/

Hahahar so errr Goooogle?!!

"positive mutation!"

Libraries are next on the line after google.

Monkey see, monkey do.

been following the pirate bay issue a bit. surely, they are a bunch of cheeky bastards, but hey, it's just another piece of the reality check puzzle for the major labels, film studios and software companies. if the pirate bay gets conquered there'll be something else. they can't reverse or cripple technological and social advance to such an extent (also geographical extent) to make online "piracy" just go away. it's an unwinnable war.

Nukubot, are you being sarcastic?

cebteq wrote:

Nukubot, are you being sarcastic?

? now I'm puzzled ?

what do you mean exactly?

That I was too

Nukubot wrote:
biotek wrote:

I don't know which planet you live but over here in earth

I'm curious: who are you referring to?

@ cebteq: you mean this question?

it wasn't sarcastic, I didn't exactly get what Biotek meant or who he was referring to

probably you, but I'm not sure smile

oh, and the Secret Gardens Of Eternal Pleasure really do exist in Rotterdam

Hey biotek, he wants to know what side you're on...