Re: Piratebay

lixa-6 wrote:

yep refugees, there so many in my town, this small town near the arctic circle with no jobs nowt, then they stuff them all in the ghetto here, its weird.

wow! i feel for you. we went through the same thing a few years back with hurricane katrina

Funkbox wrote:
biotek wrote:

because while artists can make some cash they necessarely don't. that's why you need a grant system, and I like that there are still some values that aren't printed in green ink.

or you could just get a job and pay for it all yourself. I also like those non inked values

sure. that's what everyone does (if they're lucky enough to find a job.) it also means you're not a fulltime artists anymore, you're a busdriver with a degree in arts. yet another social problem solved all by itself.. the system works!

Monkey see, monkey do.

fb, those werent refugees they were american citizens.  wow this country sucks!

sorry if i was sounding unfair, i dont mean it, i got refugee friends from when i went to swedish language school, theyre cool. Just 4 yrs in this towns getiing to me, things dont loook good now, no job no money, ive been out of work for over a yr, aint even any jobs cleaning toliets.
Must sell some art, but must paint quicker!

"positive mutation!"

louisiana USA is on the top 10 list for jobs in USA. when yall movin here?

biotek: it aint our fault art students cant get a job for what they went to school for. meanwhile my other friends in the medical and technology fields get job offers before they graduate wink

cebteq: yeah, american citizens that mostly had everything provided to them by the government and appreciated very little generosity of their fellow american citizens and continue to abuse the system playing the Katrina card. sad
the country I live in (USA) looks better to me every passing day. smile

lixa-6 : hey fuck em' lifes unfair.  smile The Iraqis I know earned every bit of their keep here in USA for helping US Troops in Iraq. Thats why I didnt agree immediately. smile  I know how a town could get to you. BR gets to me all the time and I was born and raised here. Its sucks about the job situation I know. I am thankful everyday I have a good job.
Keep pressing forward and keep your  blunts handy and I guarantee you will make it. smile

now I gotta go work on my art.............

see yall later

http://4.media.tumblr.com/3F7gN4uIxmi54w5d5wugrePXo1_500.jpg

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

132 (edited by Kenzaburo 2009-04-22 09:55:29)

Art or not I think musicians will soon have to drive that bus too... I used to think that this democratization of production tools (everybody and their mother can make music) is a totally good thing since electronic music was bedroom produced DIY music to start with. But somehow it seems to me that there's no skill involved anymore, no learning, no patience .... It's so easy, that's what I meant also that art has somewhat lost it's value today. People don't even master their tracks anymore before putting them out. The days of the studio with engineers is long gone, welcome bedroom talentless fecks. I'm just old fart...

yes because its all on a plate.
you can still tell the difference though

if art has lost its value, sobeit.  its a reflection of the state of humanity

yep, if people don't want to make good stuff and pay for quality, then so be it, they'll get what they wished for...

still, I believe that there are and will be enough people who want good stuff and not the crappy, cheezy standard software bullcrap you hear a lot these days

yes, I'm old too wink

136 (edited by cebteq 2009-04-22 22:28:12)

well i think at the very least it should remove the politics from music

"Report claims P2P users buy more music, not less"

http://www.mic.no/mic.nsf/doc/art2009042113333213407186

138 (edited by Funkbox 2009-04-23 07:12:08)

Nukubot wrote:

yep, if people don't want to make good stuff and pay for quality, then so be it, they'll get what they wished for...

still, I believe that there are and will be enough people who want good stuff and not the crappy, cheezy standard software bullcrap you hear a lot these days

yes, I'm old too wink

you summed up most of my feelings toward alot of new stuff I hear.

cebteq wrote:

well i think at the very least it should remove the politics from music

it  SHOULD

Clearly its gonna take a little longer for some of you wink

longer?

141 (edited by black shape 2009-04-23 08:23:43)

you know there never was a time when everything was good, there has always been crap to filter through.
its just nowadays more and more people want more and more for less and less, and that is both sides of the coin, the consumer and the maker. Clearly there is a problem here
obviously there are exceptions as there always has been and always will be
i dont think art lost its value, but i think people are more greedy, and less discriminating/critical.
i.e its not preset sounds and cheap software that makes you bad, same as home made patches and vintage gear dont make you good

black shape wrote:

you know there never was a time when everything was good, there has always been crap to filter through.
its just nowadays more and more people want more and more for less and less, and that is both sides of the coin, the consumer and the maker. Clearly there is a problem here
obviously there are exceptions as there always has been and always will be
i dont think art lost its value, but i think people are more greedy, and less discriminating/critical.
i.e its not preset sounds and cheap software that makes you bad, same as home made patches and vintage gear dont make you good

+1
But that's nowadays deliquescent society no ?
Getting more & more everything for free .. Really can't guess in wich way it can help the makers ???
Hopefully some will go on paying for being able to make ...

from the news -
A lawyer representing one of the men convicted in the Pirate Bay trial has called for a retrial after reports that the judge was a member of the same copyright protection organisations as several of the main entertainment industry representatives.
http://www.thelocal.se/19028/20090423/

"positive mutation!"

http://www.abload.de/img/7bac7d2177-a870-418e-azgdl.gif

lixa-6 wrote:

from the news -
A lawyer representing one of the men convicted in the Pirate Bay trial has called for a retrial after reports that the judge was a member of the same copyright protection organisations as several of the main entertainment industry representatives.
http://www.thelocal.se/19028/20090423/

wow

Oops.

Monkey see, monkey do.

147 (edited by Poodle 2009-04-24 07:33:22)

smile you have not seen nothing yet believe me the plot thickens... when i tell you that Judge Norstr

that's some aweosme American style corruption right there

149 (edited by xebeche 2009-04-24 21:13:36)

Arguing about filesharing and aritst rights , open your eyes and see how people in China are thrown in jail for years for a doing something we do every , check ouR MAILS,
http://www.rsf.org/article.php3?id_article=14884
The whole system can and is controled worldwide , if piracy exists is beacuse its tolarated by conglomerates.

My cousin lives in china ive been wondering how the hell she uses the internet, she must be on a vpn, i must ask.

"positive mutation!"