Re: How do you think the cbs could have had more listeners?

How do you think the cbs could have had more listeners?

1. People are narrowminded, you really got to work them for 6 months or so if they are cold customers, deadbeat mainstream zombies but then they are sold. To the music. Not the stream. They arent loyal and dont have the patience. They want to get fast deliverance and if they dont get it they

Cray wrote:

How do you think the cbs could have had more listeners?

1. People are narrowminded, you really got to work them for 6 months or so if they are cold customers, deadbeat mainstream zombies but then they are sold. To the music. Not the stream. They arent loyal and dont have the patience. They want to get fast deliverance and if they dont get it they

machines don't die, they just reboot ...

Internet radio is nice to get ppl to know about such sort of music, but to expand it needs to go on FM. I for once didint always listen to cbs coz I had other stuff to do on my computer, but so many times I wished I had it in my car, on work etc etc.
Most of ppl I played cbs to only shruged or said it's silly music, then went back to their dnb or cheap house music.

What I want to know is why would Rdjx want to expand? Why become mainstream? It would kill a lot of what cbs was.
When electro/italo disco is played in my town, it's never crowded coz none of the rednecks today understand it. Which kinda makes perfect atmosphere for me to enjoy it the best.

"...or something." - Legowelt

@bionic.man:

actually italo disco was once mainstream music, and so was electro...

maybe you live in a town full of rednecks, but there are a lot of places especially here in europe where the potential amount of listeners for cbs-type music is a lot more than ever actually listened. that's part of the frustration. it's one thing if you know your music is so extreme only 3 people in the world will ever like it, its another thing when you do stuff that has real potential, and then somehow see it fail..

55 (edited by noctambulo 2008-07-17 19:12:33)

lizard wrote:

Btw: I was always wonderin how many people registered to the EA-Forum were registered to the cbs... kk their style of electronic music is different compared to  the cbs stuff, but I  for myself am also a fan of umwelt, boris divider, scape one, satamile stuff and so ...
Never heard anything like this on the stream, maybe it was played, missed it then ...
Danny Wolfers was always speaking of trance eletro, produced e.g by the Blotnik Brothers ... kk don't like that many tracks of them too, but there's imo some very decent stuff, e.g by boris divider, but that's once again a question of subjective taste ....

mmm i sometimes though the same.
love(d)cbs but outside netherlands producer bots & friends (minimalrome,stilleben,kondi etc) there were actually almost never electro-straight on the stream & some correct or great artists of the genre completely forgotten or ignored. but things can't be perfect indeed
my 2 cents...

that's true.

but i'm not the only one here listening electro i guess

Bias nails it, the low amount of electro (european included) sent to cbs was a god damn shame.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

I sent in 2 electro mixes that were pretty decent. They never got played ?

kk... should have sent something then, thought about it a couple of times..
But i was questioning if this electronic style would fit into the cbs scheme ...
And i wasn't quite sure about possible law restrictions considering copyright and so...
Never tried to send a mix of mine, lack of skills in mixing , still too many faults .....

I sent 2 electro mixes and both got played.

We ARE talking about single tracks here tho.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

lizard wrote:

But i was questioning if this electronic style would fit into the cbs scheme ...
And i wasn't quite sure about possible law restrictions considering copyright and so...
Never tried to send a mix of mine, lack of skills in mixing , still too many faults .....

Here ya go Lizard. One of the electro mixes for your listening pleasure from HERE, enjoy smile

Vic20 wrote:

last i heard there was still 160 GB of unlistened material...

☂ bezoek okiland !

Grabbin mix

edit: oh yeah, also long mixes did not get played as much i think. There is a topic about sending short mixes even.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Vic20 wrote:
lizard wrote:

Here ya go Lizard. One of the electro mixes for your listening pleasure from HERE, enjoy smile

dl right now ... thx

After deliberating a bit I said "Fuck it" and I sent in a mixes and it got played on Friday Maximus Mixage, I was surprised I must admit but glad it did. If you sent it, it was considered.

Hell, he was even asking that people please send in copies of their work and not just promote their shit.

Do it your way, because everyone else is just weird.

bias wrote:

if you didn't care why someone else would?

i don"t know dude, maybe some may have been more dedicated, its'not hour for medals of honor of good robots or something.
almost every robots could have done more for the radio, i'm very aware of that & i'm not questioning you about what you did or what you did not, i don't really give a fuck about your life.

people do what they can do so please keep your lessons for you for once.

me & lemmings put elektrosonik ftp at disposition of the cbs for long time & huge amount of indecs,loud-e, gstring mixes etc were downloadable & downloaded here during a quite long period.i think this helped... maybe i'm wrong but maybe djx know better than you too.

yes but what if stuff people sent wasn't played at all?

68 (edited by Vic20 2008-07-17 20:41:53)

BMX wrote:

I sent 2 electro mixes and both got played.

We ARE talking about single tracks here tho.

Yeah my mixes were never done with the CBS in mind and were in the 70-80 minute mark so I guess they never fitted the 60 min criteria. I still sent them none the less, can' t blame a robot for trying.

Bas roR wrote:
Vic20 wrote:

last i heard there was still 160 GB of unlistened material...

The server must have had steam coming out with all the up/downloading activity going on.

Im just making a point about electro being played on the cbs and that you cant really take 2 mixes as an example. Only a few labels supplied their releases, which is mindboggling. I'd send everything i had put out if i had a label myself.

CRACKED BY MR. Z...

Agreed BMX, likewise if I had a label.

off-topic on:
@vic20: nice set ... like that a lot, do you have a playlist for that set ?
or is there an extisting topic to your mix in the mixes section, which i don't see... sorry if so...
thx in advance

off-topic off

73 (edited by Vic20 2008-07-17 20:59:36)

lizard wrote:

off-topic on:
@vic20: nice set ... like that a lot, do you have a playlist for that set ?
or is there an extisting topic to your mix in the mixes section, which i don't see... sorry if so...
thx in advance

off-topic off

I can listen back and compile it for you Lizard as the mix I did way back in the 90's. Heres PART II for some more of that electro fixx...enjoy once again smile

Vic20 wrote:

I can listen back and compile it for you Lizard as the mix I did way back in the 90's. Heres PART II for some more of that electro fixx...enjoy once again smile

that would be great, there are some tracks i heard before, but can't remember their name ...
dl part II now ...
thx once again

no probs smile

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

You must login or register to post a reply

Robots for Robots → The Daily UFO → How do you think the cbs could have had more listeners?