Re: another cheap record

listening to the kano now and I'm wondering: is there one song on the "Felix the Housecat" album that isn't nicked from another artist? (got already The Flirts, Space and now Kano that are stolen)

Picked up the original Manhunter soundtrack LP for $1 Aus in tiny second store across the street from my work yesterday.  It was in mint condition sitting amongst lots of other 80's OST's like Miami Vice I/II, Rambo, Midnight Run. 

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Manhunte … ev=bp_titl

Excellent record all round especially the ambient pieces.  Made my week!

scored charanga 76-music trance on tr records for 1 euro today.

scored a load of 7"s in a charity shop today for the equivalent of 50 euro cents each

Highlight was

Q-Lazzarus - Goodbye Horses !!!

also got

Nice N Wild - Diamond Girl
Material -Bustin Out
Harry Thumann - Underwater
Shocking Blue - Hot Sand
Eddie murphy - Party All The Time
Gazebo - I llke Chopin
Herbie Hancock- Rokit

Well happy with that score!!

scott_neon wrote:

scored a load of 7"s in a charity shop today for the equivalent of 50 euro cents each

Highlight was

Absolutely fantastic purchase, great find!!

baz wrote:

listening to the kano now and I'm wondering: is there one song on the "Felix the Housecat" album that isn't nicked from another artist? (got already The Flirts, Space and now Kano that are stolen)

Kano's Ikeya Seki is also the backbone to a Kavinsky ... pilfering fuckers

scott_neon wrote:

Highlight was

Lucky bastard!!! big_smile
I always wondered, how is the b-side? A cover of Grandmaster Flash?

I found a promo copy of Skatt Bro's Strange Spirits for $3.25 a couple of days ago.

Bankie Phones wrote:

I found a promo copy of Skatt Bro's Strange Spirits for $3.25 a couple of days ago.

Walk the night! The rest of that album is just terrible i think.

dont know what happened at our local recycle shop, but in between the usual crap vinyl were several good wave records and a copy of rational youth- cold war night life (original pres on yul).. and where they normally ask an outrageous 2 euro per record for stuff not even worth 25 cents, these cost me 50 cents each.. big_smile

Tom Dee wrote:
Bankie Phones wrote:

Walk the night! The rest of that album is just terrible i think.

I don't know, a bunch of the tracks grew on me, Strange Spirits, Life at the Outpost, and especially Old Enough which is just a dirty dirty disco song.

hysteric wrote:
scott_neon wrote:

Highlight was

Lucky bastard!!! big_smile
I always wondered, how is the b-side? A cover of Grandmaster Flash?

Despite the title, the Goodbye Horses B-side "White Lines" is actually a new production (just listened to it on the 7").  It really sounds like a cross between synth/minimal wave and early- to mid-90s alternative rock (Seattle, WA stuff, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice In Chains, etc).  If not for part of the song where they actually break out the synth, I'd say it really would've fit into the whole 90s alternative scene.  Unfortunately, my copy has really poor sound quality on the B-side, so I had to turn up the highs to hear it well.  Not sure if the 12" has this same problem - I don't have it.  Hopefully some of the 7"s have better sound quality than mine!

rude66 wrote:

dont know what happened at our local recycle shop, but in between the usual crap vinyl were several good wave records and a copy of rational youth- cold war night life (original pres on yul).. and where they normally ask an outrageous 2 euro per record for stuff not even worth 25 cents, these cost me 50 cents each.. big_smile

Hell of a deal. Such a nice record! Found the 12" City Of Night on Yul for 5euro once and though that was quite something. Er is altijd knakenpoetersbaas boven knakenpoetsersbaas natuurlijk. wink

"Are you loving?"

Hey guys what exactly is a knakenpoeters?

I always see it mentioned in relation to diggin records and gettin cheap deals...... thought maybe I am one too?

165 (edited by hysteric 2009-03-04 11:36:07)

Coin cleaner big_smile
I think maybe you are one... it's not an insult, just don't be a victim of your own cheapness wink

edit: and thanks to scarface for explaining it to me

More good charity shop business

Got a 12"  of Hot R.S. - House of the Rising Sun (long version) for 3 euros.

technically a knakenpoetser is someone who rather polishes a coin than spend it. i think here, there is a difference between people who just dont want to spend much money on records, and those who do but also manage to find good stuff cheap by scavenging through lots of second hand crap stores..

rude66 wrote:

technically a knakenpoetser is someone who rather polishes a coin than spend it. i think here, there is a difference between people who just dont want to spend much money on records, and those who do but also manage to find good stuff cheap by scavenging through lots of second hand crap stores..

That's a platenpoetser. wink

"Are you loving?"

Got an ok copy of Chip -E's Jack Trax on Gotta Dance
for free!

@ Basic Aly
nice one! especially that sensous house track on it!
i need you noooooow... where are you? oh, chip...

More charity shop trawls...

Paul Johnson - Feel the musis lp on Peacefrog  - $5 Aus
The Specials - Ghost town 12" - $5 Aus

RAH Band - The Crunch & Beyond Lp for 1 Euro

depress the repress

About a year ago I bought The Stranger - Shining Star in a recyclestore in Amsterdam for 1 euro.
December last year I bough D.F. and Pam - On The Beat for 1 euro and Touche' - Just Like A Doorknob for 2 euro.

narcisco wrote:

About a year ago I bought The Stranger - Shining Star in a recyclestore in Amsterdam for 1 euro.
December last year I bough D.F. and Pam - On The Beat for 1 euro and Touche' - Just Like A Doorknob for 2 euro.

Touche' - Just Like A Doorknob for 2 euro - great steal

"Hey Sweden."
"They're Norwegian Mac."
http://weforfeit.blogspot.com.es/

e=mc2 wrote:

Paul Johnson - Feel the musis lp on Peacefrog  - $5 Aus

how is that record?  i think he has a few albums on peacefrog?