Re: Life sucks when ...

When you feel like stalking a bitch

when your gf (who's also a therapist) diagnoses your ass after you break up with her for no good reason.  hey at least she was right  hmm

cebteq wrote:

when your gf (who's also a therapist) diagnoses your ass after you break up with her for no good reason.  hey at least she was right  hmm

Man, thats heavy shit. Dont take it to heart.

thanks Fizz, she shoulda known better wink

That's the spirit!

ima miss  the smell of her stinky feet  hmm

i see an opening for a used sock market

say no to girls who wear socks maaan  cool

No well....I write this from bed, fully clothed and many layers of covers. I'm still shivering uncontrollably. Sucks ass:-(

Let's get Dumb

When the 1,5 year old child of a friend dies.

Honey, in the morning the bees are singing and the birds are stinging in an open head surgery.

Oh my......that's really tragic. At that age as well they are just starting to show their personality, very sad.

Let's get Dumb

Rarely have I joined in here, if anything I've used this thread for perspective, I have lots of things to be thankful for, I really do and everything that will follow is my fault.

I've been making a living from music for almost 7 years now, it wasn't much of a living, but I got by. The last year I was in Berlin not only did I see the money from shows get more and more sparse, but in certain places go down. Now, I still think it's a lot to ask for a living from music, and I truly count myself lucky that I managed to do it for so long. But in November I found myself with nothing, absolutely nothing. Facebook gives a false impression to the world, people remark at how well I seem to be doing. My pride stops me from correcting them. Foolish thing pride.

So now I'm 32, I've been told I've been "out of the workplace" for so long that it's hard for me to find a normal job, I'm living back with my parents in Bristol.

I owe money all over the place, bills, missing rent, money i thought would be coming from somewhere. When I got back to Bristol I applied for a teaching job, to my face they said they would like to hire me, but then nothing but silence. Other places have told me I'm over qualified because I have a degree.

Two of the 4 concerts I had in the UK this month have been cancelled. I've no agent, there are no cancellation fees. Now I'm not complaining about that so much because there are people who never get booked at all! I am lucky to have been able to operate for so long on almost nothing. But now it is impossible to budget anything to pay my debts.

So, one option is to become a drug dealer, as I don't really like drugs and wouldn't destroy my own stash. Which even as I type it sounds silly.

I don't write this to say "please buy my records" or anything like that. I'd just like to be sent a whole lot of positive energy so that I can get out of this hell. And even then, it's a hell of being kept awake at night and having an ominous feeling hanging over me all day. People have much worse. The selfish part of me thinks that I've worked very very hard for a long time to quit now, but this promise being round the corner STILL hasn't come, and my patience and fears are catching up with me.

It's fear man... Pure fear.

Thanks.
x

Sorry to hear about your situation Maiovvi.  I'm struggling to find my place in the world too.  You are in my thoughts

1,939 (edited by AudaxPowder 2013-03-13 09:11:25)

Best of luck Maiovvi, know you are lucky to have your family. I know personally that I would be nothing without the support of my family.

Take it day by day if you can and grind towards peace of mind. I'll be rooting for you sir.

mushaden wrote:

I'm struggling to find my place in the world too.

My friends you are not alone, i am in the same boat as you guys paddling against the tide. I am without a job and without a clue as to my future,...simple fact is who wants £6.19 an hour doing some shit factory job that will drive you into a pit of despair, when you can sell some weed and make much more.
As the author Irvine Welsh once said 'Kids are better off becoming a drug dealer than going to university', certaintly i have pointless degrees coming out my arse that have done me no good only mount me with debt, many of the people i know exist out the realms of the norm(ie they all make money selling gear), because the jobs market & wages in this country are screwed. Trying to do something different in life rather than accept the daily trudge to oblivion is to be applauded, you know putting on parties, meeting like-minded people, sharing & making music is our way beating the programmers....keep on fighting Anton, be thankful for friends & family..in 100 years who will give a fuck anyway big_smile

The only people that make money in the music industry is the guy selling pills in the club  wink

Let's get Dumb

Light drugs will be legalized in 10-20 years so don't put your whole career into selling dope wink

I probably sound like a wanker saying this, but even if you have a job with an average salary, the world is not so great still. Mortgages, price of electricity, food, etc wil make sure you will see a very small % of your salary after all the bills have been paid. Life for the middle classes has been getting shittier for the past 30 years and sadly only the guys who make it to the top will get to enjoy the rewards.

A couple of years ago I've lost everything too: due to my health I lost my job, afterwards I lost my girlfriend and I had to spend every cent I had saved in the years before to my recovery. Since +/- one year I'm back on track, have a good job etc which means I learned a person can achieve a lot if only he's willing to do so and blablabla but on the other hand, I'm still the same person which means I'm always "searching" although I don't have a clue what, I became more cynic than I already was and more money or not, it's like hiefelz says: a lot of that money goes to bills and food anyway. And another thing that hasn't changed: other people (why would they?). It's the daily stuggle I guess. You'll be fine Maiovvi.

"A Real Music Hater"

1,943 (edited by score100 2013-03-13 21:08:05)

Maiovvi wrote:

Now I'm not complaining about that so much because there are people who never get booked at all! I am lucky to have been able to operate for so long on almost nothing.
People have much worse. The selfish part of me thinks that I've worked very very hard for a long time to quit now, but this promise being round the corner STILL hasn't come, and my patience and fears are catching up with me.

Hey I think this "other people are much worse off"-thought is always a dead end - and it's fair to think that you're not getting what you deserve, when you're working hard for it. Others are not doing so and getting it shoved up their ass, so why not be annoyed.

For the rest I'm pretty interested seeing all this posts here coming up and seeing all my friends with the same existential concern, and you know what my conclusion is: being in a super rich culture, with all sorts of priviliges, more or less "clean" political system, and officialy anounced "good life quality" doesn't mean shit, and won't help in giving you the feeling of having a fullfilled live where you get what you deserve - mentally or materially, and no matter if you're in the middle, the top or on the bottom (I know people from all shifts with the same complaint).

Anyway let's not start to get to much into doom-thinking: I'm very convinced that there's other things out there than jobs and money that can give you a role in life, and finding those is probably one of the things we need to start elaborating on in our culture.

those are some pretty pitiful stories,  guys!   keep em cumin

cebteq wrote:

those are some pretty pitiful stories,  guys!   keep em cumin

ceb was rocking his proudest boner that day  lol

I'm going to sell all my synths, move to spain and teach English and make ambient guitar loops released only on tape.

If I were you I would move to Belgium, a pretty complex country but at least you'll enjoy the absurd kind of our country.

"A Real Music Hater"

At least don't come to finland, it's only cold and miserable.

I'm not professional music producer, I don't live from music but music and synths are my passion and I know how hard is reconcile work and music production. After 8h of work and nearly 1h of drive to home (traffic jams) I'm just to tired to do something creative or just play synth for fun. It makes my so fucking angry. I work for money to live and of course to spend it on my passion (buy new machines) but paradoxically I don't have time and energy for it  sad
In my opinion every "art" occupation no matter if you are musican, writer or you like painting requires more for you and 5 days of work in the week takes your energy but in the other hand - no work means no money for you, your bills, food and... passion.
It is fucking shame that we can't do what we really want in this short life...
Don't give up Maiovvi!

Signal in / Signal out

when its st pattys day and you dont drink alcohol