351 (edited by zora 2010-05-09 23:19:43)

Re: Football

met some rostock fans last night..

.."this world`s a bubble"..

Fred vom Jupiter wrote:

Forza St.Pauli! The coolest football club in Germany is back in the Bundesliga. We love St.Pauli, we do.

nice indeed. been to a match last summer at the stadion -ain't a better way to experience hamburg in full effect!  big_smile

So, do we want to have a separate World Cup thread?  Anyone want to comment on the squads that have been named?

Yeh start a seperate one, I have lots of comments to make!

Especially about how retarded Maradona is...

baaaayeeerrrnnnnn

bah what a lame victory for inter

score100 wrote:

bah what a lame victory for inter

Didn't see the game but I'm really happy for Javier Zanetti. The guys a proper professional, a class act.

the game was pretty shite tbh... i guess it didn't help that i was watching it in a hot, sweaty pub full of about 1000 people.

felt a bit sorry for bayern, as they were all over inter in the 2nd half...

werd.
Okay in the end inter won probably being the better team, but really I could have easily imagined it also being 0:2 the other way round with bayern having 70% ball posession. Also the handplay in the beginning was something that should have caused a penalty.

but well yeah, i guess in the future is tactical teams builing up a defense like a brick wall and only attacking in conter.

nah, thats the way the italians have been playing for 40 years. inter practically invented it in the 60's.

too bad it didnt work for bayern, but their defence is not good enough yet. hopefully better next time. i hope next season goes equally well for them, now is a good time to visit munchen if you are a dutchie, heh heh..

score100 wrote:
Fred vom Jupiter wrote:

Forza St.Pauli! The coolest football club in Germany is back in the Bundesliga. We love St.Pauli, we do.

nice indeed. been to a match last summer at the stadion -ain't a better way to experience hamburg in full effect!  big_smile

St. Pauli ist die einzige Möglichkeit!

so many big players injured before the world cup...

363 (edited by karl 2011-01-31 23:35:27)

you've made me so dissapointed fernando torres. we all know money talks but somehow i thought you were different.

just had to get that out.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ZJ4w99oGcKo/SolW1d0wNQI/AAAAAAAAANc/0hEVU9qASrQ/s400/torres2.jpg

cuties don't exert

also, this guy is gonna smash up the east end i reckon

http://www.theoffside.com/files/2011/01/dioufDM1502_468x462.jpg

cuties don't exert

366 (edited by Zubeldia 2011-02-01 22:27:55)

karl wrote:

you've made me so dissapointed fernando torres. we all know money talks but somehow i thought you were different.

aye! very disappointing indeed.

anybody know something about this guy: Ryo Miyaichi san? a youth player from Arsenal apparently, which my team signed on loan till the end of the season. hope he can help us off 15th place in the league.

367 (edited by Ray Van Mechelen 2011-02-02 06:56:41)

karl wrote:

he's the prototype of the modern football player. Money can buy everything. The love for their club goes as far as the club wants to pay for.
it still surprises me that Chelsea payed so much for him as he clearly isn't in his best shape this year. Liverpool will be better off with Suarez.

I wonder who will buy Romelo Lukaku form RSC Anderlecht.

What the hell is going on with Feyenoord Zubeldia? I know they are in financial trouble but still, 15th, pfff, it hurts.

"A Real Music Hater"

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:

as he clearly isn't in his best shape this year

i think it's more the lack of descent service from the midfield than his form. since they sold alonso, gerrard has to play a lot further back in front of his defence. torres was incredibly isolated up front over the last few months. no good wingers as well.

feyenoord? yes, it hurts...  wink

and we sold castaignos to Inter today, maybe the best prospect for the future.. top scorer in all youth selections etc. just  a bit young to deliver and impossible for him to develope himself in such a low confidence team.

370 (edited by ytz 2011-02-02 03:00:25)

Ray

Lukaku? Mancini thinks he's ours. United and Chelsea think he's theirs. Wouldn't be too surprised if he buggers off to Italy or Spain. Real Madrid need a striker.

Is he all they say he is?

Incidentally, don't know if this means anything to anyone, but Freddy Adu has just joined a Turkish second division side. He was the future once.

cuties don't exert

Well he's very good and he still has to progress a lot as he is only 17 years old now. He played a very good season last year (top scorer)and he's getting his best shape again now. He's a bit like Didier Drogba, very big and strong and he scores easily, has technical skills too. A rough diamond so to speak.

And his favourite team is...Chelsea  roll

"A Real Music Hater"

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:
karl wrote:

he's the prototype of the modern football player. Money can buy everything. The love for their club goes as far as the club wants to pay for.
it still surprises me that Chelsea payed so much for him as he clearly isn't in his best shape this year. Liverpool will be better off with Suarez.

you're absoutley right, but i dont think(hope) i was the only one who had me fooled by torres. they way he transferred from atl madrid, that he wore a

Ray Van Mechelen wrote:
karl wrote:

you're absoutley right, but i dont think or hope i was the only one who had me fooled by torres. they way he transferred from atl madrid, that he wore a "you'll never walk alone"-armband during a match against real sociedad and that apparently half of his biography is about his love for the club and the kop. perhaps a really advanced practical joke.

well when we sold owen in 2004 something pretty good happened in 2005... wink

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/0,,2007181679,00.jpg

374 (edited by Ray Van Mechelen 2011-04-22 05:18:25)

No one is following football anymore here?

The play off's in our Belgian Jupiler League have been awesome. A lot has been said about the play off's the last two years (there's a lot of critic)but damned, they are exciting as hell this year. Before they started everybody was pretty sure Anderlecht would just grab another title but it has all vanished. Standard De Liège, who barely managed to get in Play Off 1 is now only one point behind RC Genk, who's on top of the table. And also Club Bruges who had a pretty dramatic season is still playing for the tittle (although they lost very important points against Genk last Wednesday), Anderlecht already lost two of their first 4 games. And finally AA Gent, who was in pole position to easily grab the 3th place before the play off's started completely missed their start and are 5th now together with Club Bruges. In short: it's damn exciting this year.
Concerning my team, Zulte Waregem, we had the worst season since we got back in the Jupiler League, it's not dramatic but there was nothing exciting about our season. The only highlight is that we've beaten KV Kortrijk last week (our number 1 rival, Kortrijk is only 8 km from Waregem). It's the first time in 5 years we were able to beat them.

"A Real Music Hater"

i will start the belgian football when leuven is playing first class next year wink