Topic: Bioshock

some months ago i took a re-run at an old classic, system shock 2, and after i got that one finished, i wanted to have something similar to play, so i thought i'd give bioshock a try. i really don't play alot of new games, but since it was designed by the same guy as SS2, i gave it a try.

what can i say. i think bioshock is a real work of art. the story, design, surroundings, audio, atmosphere is something out of this world. the gameplay itself is a bit too straight forward and easy, but it's ok... 

the intro of bioshock was something that blew me away instantly. last time i got this feeling was when i played half life for the first time. check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgDEh3UN404

i heard they are making a movie out of this.. hope they get the atmosphere right.

Re: Bioshock

Your right, if they would have made the gameplay better, and make it possible to die like in normal games, it would have been one of the best games ever.

Props for the level design and shit though, that underwater city looks absolutely spectacular.

Didn't like it too much, too much of a toygame. Although the graphics are great... but that counts for a lot of games nowadays.

Strictly Rockaas

besides the graphics, i thought the story and the recorded messages where really great stuff.
not as good as system shock 2, but close.