Topic: Malaga

Any great tips? Especially food recommendations welcome!

Re: Malaga

You should ask lemmings.
I heard he loves the city enough to do paris-malaga-paris-malaga in 24 hours.
I never went there but concerning the food it might the same as everywhere else in the country.
The spaniard best dishes are croquetas, patatas bravas, berenjenas fritas, bacalao, etc.

3 (edited by noctambulo 2008-07-16 03:15:40)

Niet Rockers wrote:

You should ask lemmings.
I heard he loves the city enough to do paris-malaga-paris-malaga in 24 hours.

haha no you're wrong, it was a friend of lemm you don't know (didnt know him myself before he came) who made such a (useless/stupid ?) trip wink

4 (edited by noctambulo 2008-07-16 09:05:59)

about malaga, you have to try "pepe" en calle larios ! excellent tapas de berenjenas fritas con miel, de alitas de pollo, de croquetas etcetc !

also i remember a very nice italian restaurant with tasty pastas & excellent risotto with mushrooms sauce & pancetta ! on the contrary, avoid the pizzas in this one. the name of the restaurant is "il laboratorio" & i think its in calle "alamos" (malaga centre)

about clubs, well don't expect robots music but commercial stuffs (house, rnb, reggaeton) & maravillas chicas big_smile
week-end nights rock in malaga ! bars are full from 1 a.m to 3 a.m & clubs are opened till 7,30 a.m for a few ones !
just aside the tapas restaurant "pepe" you have to try the big plaza full-crowded on friday & saturday until 3 a.m
with whisky, vodka, rums 3e for a big glass (with redbull maybe 3,5e or 4e but still cheapppp) !

biggest clubs are in the seaside, not in malaga centre but in benalmadena or even further, in torremolinos or marbella but if you want to avoid the foreign tourist & feel real malaga-style stay in centre or benalmadena.

about recordshopping, forget it,
i looked several times & never found anything even if i missed a special vinyl-fair located in a hotel once.

LOVE MALAGA !!

thanks! we will be there for a week and will drive around. we will be concentrating on eating and lying on the beach!

beach in malaga center isn't incredible to be honest !

i recommend you , if you have a car, to go to nerja , 10 or 20kms close to malaga (on the east)

http://www.btinternet.com/~iann.ward/Nerja.jpg

oukki, that's in our itineary!